is this the right place?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by A, Aug 19, 2006.

  1. A

    A Guest

    I had a wireless network set up and working through a Linksys router, but I
    had to partially restore my HP desktop using it's restore program, and I
    lost the functionality. So I started a new workgroup on the desktop, it said
    "welcome to the workgroup" and I rebooted the computer.

    When I try to access the network, all I get is a message saying that I may
    not have permission to access this network resource, and the list of servers
    isn't available.

    This computer shows up in the workgroup computers of the OTHER computer, but
    when I try to actually access it I get that same damn message.

    When I check in System, the Network ID button is grayed out, if that means
    anything. Needless to say I am thoroughly pissed.

    How do I get this thing working? I'd appreciate any and all help you can
    give me. Thank you.

    John

    A, Aug 19, 2006

  2. A

    A Guest

    Never mind. It was that dumbass OneCare firewall; it'd changed it's file and
    printer sharing settings back to NO on it's own somehow.

    John

    A, Aug 19, 2006