Is This The Best Computer Ever Made?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008.

  1. This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?

    System Properties:
    Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    Product Inspiron 530s

    --------[ CPU

    CPU Properties:
    CPU Type DualCore
    CPU Alias Clovertown /
    Conroe / Kentsfield / Merom / Woodcrest
    Engineering Sample No
    CPUID CPU Name Intel(R)
    Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz
    CPUID Revision 000006FDh
    Core Voltage 1.188 V

    CPU Speed:
    CPU Clock 1197.0 MHz
    (original: 1600 MHz)
    CPU Multiplier 6.0x
    CPU FSB 199.5 MHz
    (original: 200 MHz)

    CPU Cache:
    L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
    L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
    L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die,
    ASC, Full-Speed)

    --------[ Hard Drive
    ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------

    ATA Device Properties:
    Model ID ST3250310AS
    Revision 3.ADA
    Device Type SATA-II
    Parameters 484406
    cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
    LBA Sectors 488281250
    Buffer 8 MB
    Multiple Sectors 16
    ECC Bytes 4
    Unformatted Capacity 238419 MB

    --------[ Motherboard

    Motherboard Properties:
    Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    Product 0RY007

    --------[ Front Side Bus

    Front Side Bus Properties:
    Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    Bus Width 64-bit
    Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
    Effective Clock 800 MHz
    Bandwidth 6400 MB/s

    --------[ Memory

    SPD Memory Modules:
    DIMM1: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    MHz)
    DIMM3: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    MHz)

    --------[ Bios
    BIOS Properties:
    System BIOS Date 11/03/07
    Video BIOS Date 03/23/07
    Award BIOS Type Phoenix -
    AwardBIOS
    Award BIOS Message (713D1P40)
    EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
    DMI BIOS Version 1.0.7

    --------[ Windows Video

    [ Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ]

    Video Adapter Properties:
    Device Description Intel(R)
    G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    Adapter String Intel(R)
    G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    BIOS String Intel Video
    BIOS
    Chip Type Intel(R) GMA
    3100
    DAC Type Internal
    Installed Drivers igxprd32
    (6.14.10.4820)
    Memory Size 128 MB

    --------[ Network

    Property Value
    Card 1
    Model Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
    Status Connected
    Type WIRED
    Speed 100 Mbps

    --
    All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008

  2. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    philo Guest

    -

    > ATA Device Properties:
    > Model ID ST3250310AS
    > Revision 3.ADA
    > Device Type SATA-II
    > Parameters 484406
    > cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
    > LBA Sectors 488281250
    > Buffer 8 MB
    > Multiple Sectors 16
    > ECC Bytes 4
    > Unformatted Capacity 238419 MB
    >
    > --------[ Motherboard
    >
    > Motherboard Properties:
    > Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    > Product 0RY007
    >
    > --------[ Front Side Bus
    >
    > Front Side Bus Properties:
    > Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    > Bus Width 64-bit
    > Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
    > Effective Clock 800 MHz
    > Bandwidth 6400 MB/s
    >
    > --------[ Memory
    >
    > SPD Memory Modules:
    > DIMM1: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    > DIMM3: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    >
    > --------[ Bios
    > BIOS Properties:
    > System BIOS Date 11/03/07
    > Video BIOS Date 03/23/07
    > Award BIOS Type Phoenix -
    > AwardBIOS
    > Award BIOS Message (713D1P40)
    > EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
    > DMI BIOS Version 1.0.7
    >
    > --------[ Windows Video
    >
    > [ Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ]
    >
    > Video Adapter Properties:
    > Device Description Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > Adapter String Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > BIOS String Intel Video
    > BIOS
    > Chip Type Intel(R) GMA
    > 3100
    > DAC Type Internal
    > Installed Drivers igxprd32
    > (6.14.10.4820)
    > Memory Size 128 MB
    >
    > --------[ Network
    >
    > Property Value
    > Card 1
    > Model Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
    > Status Connected
    > Type WIRED
    > Speed 100 Mbps

    For just a second I thought that you really did have the best computer ever
    assembled...
    but then I saw to this part:

    LBA sectors : 488281250

    I just saw one a few days ago that was pretty similar to yours but it had
    488281252 LBA sectors...
    so you may as well just toss out that old junker.
    If you want to ship that old clunker to me I'll take it down to the
    recyclers
    and save you a trip <G>

    philo, Feb 20, 2008

  3. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:28:48 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:

    >For just a second I thought that you really did have the best computer ever
    >assembled...
    >but then I saw to this part:
    >

    >LBA sectors : 488281250
    >

    >I just saw one a few days ago that was pretty similar to yours but it had
    >488281252 LBA sectors...
    >so you may as well just toss out that old junker.
    >If you want to ship that old clunker to me I'll take it down to the
    >recyclers
    >and save you a trip <G>

    I have my sectors zipped, when unzipped they are 1988473890, which is
    substantially better.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008
  4. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:12:04 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote:

    >This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    >guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?
    >

    >System Properties:
    > Manufacturer Dell Inc.

    My condolences.
    Evan Platt, Feb 20, 2008
  5. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:28:48 -0600, "philo" <> wrote:
    >
    > >For just a second I thought that you really did have the best computer

    ever
    > >assembled...
    > >but then I saw to this part:
    > >

    > >LBA sectors : 488281250
    > >

    > >I just saw one a few days ago that was pretty similar to yours but it had
    > >488281252 LBA sectors...
    > >so you may as well just toss out that old junker.
    > >If you want to ship that old clunker to me I'll take it down to the
    > >recyclers
    > >and save you a trip <G>

    > I have my sectors zipped, when unzipped they are 1988473890, which is
    > substantially better.

    Oh my...
    the infact you do have the best computer in the world...
    but send it to me anyway.
    By the time it gets here it will be obsolete...
    so I'll just junk it for you <G> !
    philo, Feb 20, 2008
  6. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:12:04 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote:

    >This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    >guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?

    Personally, intel sucks.
    I've run both intel and amd athlon on "secondlife" and amd is by far
    faster.

    --
    "Tell a lie often enough, loud enough, and long enough and people will believe you."
    Adolph Hitler
    richard, Feb 20, 2008
  7. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    VanguardLH Guest

    "CtrlAltDel" wrote in message
    > This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    > guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?

    Nope. It's a consumer-grade computer suitable for personal use or as
    a workstation.
    VanguardLH, Feb 20, 2008
  8. Evan Platt wrote:

    > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:12:04 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    > <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote:
    >
    >>This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    >>guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?
    >>

    >>System Properties:
    >> Manufacturer Dell Inc.

    > My condolences.

    Motherboard Properties:
    Manufacturer Dell Inc.

    Heh.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups
    Blinky the Shark, Feb 20, 2008
  9. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 19:36:24 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:12:04 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    ><Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote:
    >
    >>This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    >>guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?
    >>

    >>System Properties:
    >> Manufacturer Dell Inc.

    >My condolences.

    I have had 3 Dell computers and never had problem #1 out of any of
    them. Order it, when it arrives all you have to do is format and
    reinstall straight XP that is on an installation disc they send with
    the system, and you are good to go.

    Never had any fan problems, power problems, hard drive crashes, etc...
    nothing. I am totally satisfied. In fact, I just retire all my old
    Dell's, they never quit, kind of like a freaking Toyota.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008
  10. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    G. Morgan Guest

    St00pid wrote:

    >Personally, intel sucks.
    >I've run both intel and amd athlon on "secondlife" and amd is by far
    >faster.

    Bwahahahahaha!!!!

    Thanks for the detailed product comparison, that saved me a lot of research.

    --

    I kill all Google Group posts, you can too.
    Take back Usenet <--> http://improve-usenet.org
    G. Morgan, Feb 20, 2008
  11. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:09:24 -0600, "VanguardLH" <> wrote:

    >"CtrlAltDel" wrote in message
    >> This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    >> guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?

    >Nope. It's a consumer-grade computer suitable for personal use or as
    >a workstation.

    What choo talking 'bout Willis? It has a dual core processor, that is
    hard core, ask somebody.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008
  12. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Evan Platt Guest

    To: Newsgroup 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    CC: , ,

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:14:12 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote:

    >I have had 3 Dell computers and never had problem #1 out of any of
    >them. Order it, when it arrives all you have to do is format and
    >reinstall straight XP that is on an installation disc they send with
    >the system, and you are good to go.
    >
    >Never had any fan problems, power problems, hard drive crashes, etc...
    >nothing. I am totally satisfied. In fact, I just retire all my old
    >Dell's, they never quit, kind of like a freaking Toyota.

    Not so much quality, but they are truly slimeballs. I've had WAY too
    many bad experiences with them.

    Started getting 4-5 calls a day (literally) from them. Well, from a
    800#. Most often, couldn't answer the phone. Never left a voicemail.
    When I DID answer, someone said "Hello?" then hung up. Turns out I was
    5 days past due on paying my DFS (Dell Credit) account. Yes, they
    called FIVE times a day.
    After sending numerous e-mails, finally got the calls to stop.

    I've placed at least 3 orders with them, 2 within the past 60 days
    that were canceled due to a "pricing error" - incorrect pricing.

    Just recently, a coworker was having problems with his laptop battery,
    so he ordered a new battery. A few weeks later, I looked and it turns
    out his battery was part of the recalled battery program. Submitted
    his battery via the recall program, got him a new battery, so
    obviously he didn't need the battery he ordered.

    Dell won't accept the return because it's maybe 8 days past their 21
    day return policy. Good thing anyway, he was debating selling the
    laptop, now I'm doing everything I can to convince him to sell the
    laptop. Maybe he'll be able to get a little more for it with 2 brand
    new batteries.

    And the "English", if you call it that, of their customer service
    representatives, is a joke.

    "Dell's return policy holds well within 21 days from the date of
    invoice" HUH??

    "I am afraid, at this time I am unable to set up a return for the same
    as the return period has expired. Unfortunately we do not accept any
    returns post the 21 day return period." - Translation: Screw off, even
    if you are a long time customer.

    "Even if I arrange for a return it will not be processed. . I would be
    rather upfront in saying no for something that cannot be done instead
    of making a wrong commitment as wrong commitments result to more
    unhappy customers." Translation: I'm too lazy to forward your request
    to a supervisor.

    I've personally spent over $4k with Dell, and reccomended or
    personally placed orders for over $50k through companies I've worked
    for.

    That has now stopped. I will never reccomend another Dell product -
    ever, and I will see to it that any products purchased under my watch
    are from any company other than Dell.
    Evan Platt, Feb 20, 2008
  13. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    sandy58 Guest

    On Feb 20, 3:12 am, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    ¤®.net> wrote:
> [...]
    > CPU FSB 199.5 MHz
    > (original: 200 MHz)
    >
    > CPU Cache:
    > L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
    > L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
    > L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die,
    > ASC, Full-Speed)
    >
    > --------[ Hard Drive
    > ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > ATA Device Properties:
    > Model ID ST3250310AS
    > Revision 3.ADA
    > Device Type SATA-II
    > Parameters 484406
    > cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
    > LBA Sectors 488281250
    > Buffer 8 MB
    > Multiple Sectors 16
    > ECC Bytes 4
    > Unformatted Capacity 238419 MB
    >
    > --------[ Motherboard
    >
    > Motherboard Properties:
    > Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    > Product 0RY007
    >
    > --------[ Front Side Bus
    >
    > Front Side Bus Properties:
    > Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    > Bus Width 64-bit
    > Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
    > Effective Clock 800 MHz
    > Bandwidth 6400 MB/s
    >
    > --------[ Memory
    >
    > SPD Memory Modules:
    > DIMM1: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    > DIMM3: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    >
    > --------[ Bios
    > BIOS Properties:
    > System BIOS Date 11/03/07
    > Video BIOS Date 03/23/07
    > Award BIOS Type Phoenix -
    > AwardBIOS
    > Award BIOS Message (713D1P40)
    > EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
    > DMI BIOS Version 1.0.7
    >
    > --------[ Windows Video
    >
    > [ Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ]
    >
    > Video Adapter Properties:
    > Device Description Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > Adapter String Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > BIOS String Intel Video
    > BIOS
    > Chip Type Intel(R) GMA
    > 3100
    > DAC Type Internal
    > Installed Drivers igxprd32
    > (6.14.10.4820)
    > Memory Size 128 MB
    >
    > --------[ Network
    >
    > Property Value
    > Card 1
    > Model Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
    > Status Connected
    > Type WIRED
    > Speed 100 Mbps
    >
    > --
    > All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    > into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    Junk <slow hand-clap>
    sandy58, Feb 20, 2008
  14. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    sandy58, Feb 20, 2008
  15. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:19:51 -0800, Evan Platt

    So, what are you saying, Evan?
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008
  16. On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:25:03 -0800 (PST), sandy58
    <> wrote:

> [...]
    >> CPU FSB 199.5 MHz
    >> (original: 200 MHz)
    >>
    >> CPU Cache:
    >> L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
    >> L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
    >> L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die,
    >> ASC, Full-Speed)
    >>
    >> --------[ Hard Drive
    >> ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >>
    >> ATA Device Properties:
    >> Model ID ST3250310AS
    >> Revision 3.ADA
    >> Device Type SATA-II
    >> Parameters 484406
    >> cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
    >> LBA Sectors 488281250
    >> Buffer 8 MB
    >> Multiple Sectors 16
    >> ECC Bytes 4
    >> Unformatted Capacity 238419 MB
    >>
    >> --------[ Motherboard
    >>
    >> Motherboard Properties:
    >> Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    >> Product 0RY007
    >>
    >> --------[ Front Side Bus
    >>
    >> Front Side Bus Properties:
    >> Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    >> Bus Width 64-bit
    >> Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
    >> Effective Clock 800 MHz
    >> Bandwidth 6400 MB/s
    >>
    >> --------[ Memory
    >>
    >> SPD Memory Modules:
    >> DIMM1: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    >> DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    >> MHz)
    >> DIMM3: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    >> DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    >> MHz)
    >>
    >> --------[ Bios
    >> BIOS Properties:
    >> System BIOS Date 11/03/07
    >> Video BIOS Date 03/23/07
    >> Award BIOS Type Phoenix -
    >> AwardBIOS
    >> Award BIOS Message (713D1P40)
    >> EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
    >> DMI BIOS Version 1.0.7
    >>
    >> --------[ Windows Video
    >>
    >> [ Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ]
    >>
    >> Video Adapter Properties:
    >> Device Description Intel(R)
    >> G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    >> Adapter String Intel(R)
    >> G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    >> BIOS String Intel Video
    >> BIOS
    >> Chip Type Intel(R) GMA
    >> 3100
    >> DAC Type Internal
    >> Installed Drivers igxprd32
    >> (6.14.10.4820)
    >> Memory Size 128 MB
    >>
    >> --------[ Network
    >>
    >> Property Value
    >> Card 1
    >> Model Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
    >> Status Connected
    >> Type WIRED
    >> Speed 100 Mbps
    >>
    >> --
    >> All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    >> into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    I don't have the slow hand clap, sandy58. My great-grandfather, he
    served in WWI, used to have a favorite Christmas story he would tell
    the family about how he got bull headed clap in Flanders in '17.
    Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del, Feb 20, 2008
  17. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    VanguardLH Guest

    "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del" <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote in
    message news:...
    > On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 22:09:24 -0600, "VanguardLH" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"CtrlAltDel" wrote in message
    >>> This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of
    >>> you
    >>> guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?

    >>Nope. It's a consumer-grade computer suitable for personal use or
    >>as
    >>a workstation.

    > What choo talking 'bout Willis? It has a dual core processor, that
    > is
    > hard core, ask somebody.

    Yeah, an under $2000, if that, consumer-grade computer versus a $30K,
    or more, server. Not hard to figure out. It might be the best that
    your budget can afford. It is hardly the "best" computer ever made.
    VanguardLH, Feb 20, 2008
  18. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Mara Guest

    On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 20:11:19 -0800, Blinky the Shark <>
    wrote:

    >Evan Platt wrote:
    >
    >> On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 21:12:04 -0600, Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del
    >> <Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®@Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del¤®.net> wrote:
    >>
    >>>This is my computer setup and I just wanted to run it by some of you
    >>>guys and see if you think it is the best computer ever assembled?
    >>>

    >>>System Properties:
    >>> Manufacturer Dell Inc.

    >> My condolences.

    >Motherboard Properties:
    > Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    >
    >Heh.

    That's why they're called "Dulls."

    I actually just had one given to me. Brand new 160GB WD hdd in it, Nice SATA
    mainboard with SATA RAID capabilities, DVD burner. The PS is bad. I think I'll
    tear it down and build something worth having out of it.

    --
    The little birds sang sweet amid the scene of death and destruction.
    -- Elisha Hunt Rhodes, 2nd R.I., May 4, 1864
    Mara, Feb 20, 2008
  19. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del wrote:

> [...]
    > CPUID CPU Name Intel(R)
    > Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz
    > CPUID Revision 000006FDh
    > Core Voltage 1.188 V
    >
    > CPU Speed:
    > CPU Clock 1197.0 MHz
    > (original: 1600 MHz)
    > CPU Multiplier 6.0x
    > CPU FSB 199.5 MHz
    > (original: 200 MHz)
    >
    > CPU Cache:
    > L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
    > L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
    > L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die,
    > ASC, Full-Speed)
    >
    > --------[ Hard Drive
    > ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > ATA Device Properties:
    > Model ID ST3250310AS
    > Revision 3.ADA
    > Device Type SATA-II
    > Parameters 484406
    > cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
    > LBA Sectors 488281250
    > Buffer 8 MB
    > Multiple Sectors 16
    > ECC Bytes 4
    > Unformatted Capacity 238419 MB
    >
    > --------[ Motherboard
    >
    > Motherboard Properties:
    > Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    > Product 0RY007
    >
    > --------[ Front Side Bus
    >
    > Front Side Bus Properties:
    > Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    > Bus Width 64-bit
    > Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
    > Effective Clock 800 MHz
    > Bandwidth 6400 MB/s
    >
    > --------[ Memory
    >
    > SPD Memory Modules:
    > DIMM1: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    > DIMM3: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    >
    > --------[ Bios
    > BIOS Properties:
    > System BIOS Date 11/03/07
    > Video BIOS Date 03/23/07
    > Award BIOS Type Phoenix -
    > AwardBIOS
    > Award BIOS Message (713D1P40)
    > EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
    > DMI BIOS Version 1.0.7
    >
    > --------[ Windows Video
    >
    > [ Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ]
    >
    > Video Adapter Properties:
    > Device Description Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > Adapter String Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > BIOS String Intel Video
    > BIOS
    > Chip Type Intel(R) GMA
    > 3100
    > DAC Type Internal
    > Installed Drivers igxprd32
    > (6.14.10.4820)
    > Memory Size 128 MB
    >
    > --------[ Network
    >
    > Property Value
    > Card 1
    > Model Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection

    You said "dell" and "best computer"? Sorry, it's junk.

    --

    Jerry McBride ()
    Jerry McBride, Feb 20, 2008
  20. Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del

    Moldy Cheese Guest

    "Ctrl¤/Alt¤/Del" wrote:

> [...]
    > CPU FSB 199.5 MHz
    > (original: 200 MHz)
    >
    > CPU Cache:
    > L1 Code Cache 32 KB per core
    > L1 Data Cache 32 KB per core
    > L2 Cache 1 MB (On-Die,
    > ASC, Full-Speed)
    >
    > --------[ Hard Drive
    > ]--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    >
    > ATA Device Properties:
    > Model ID ST3250310AS
    > Revision 3.ADA
    > Device Type SATA-II
    > Parameters 484406
    > cylinders, 16 heads, 63 sectors per track, 512 bytes per sector
    > LBA Sectors 488281250
    > Buffer 8 MB
    > Multiple Sectors 16
    > ECC Bytes 4
    > Unformatted Capacity 238419 MB
    >
    > --------[ Motherboard
    >
    > Motherboard Properties:
    > Manufacturer Dell Inc.
    > Product 0RY007
    >
    > --------[ Front Side Bus
    >
    > Front Side Bus Properties:
    > Bus Type Intel AGTL+
    > Bus Width 64-bit
    > Real Clock 200 MHz (QDR)
    > Effective Clock 800 MHz
    > Bandwidth 6400 MB/s
    >
    > --------[ Memory
    >
    > SPD Memory Modules:
    > DIMM1: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    > DIMM3: Nanya NT1GT64U8HB0BY-3C 1 GB DDR2-667
    > DDR2 SDRAM (5-5-5-15 @ 333 MHz) (4-4-4-12 @ 266 MHz) (3-3-3-9 @ 200
    > MHz)
    >
    > --------[ Bios
    > BIOS Properties:
    > System BIOS Date 11/03/07
    > Video BIOS Date 03/23/07
    > Award BIOS Type Phoenix -
    > AwardBIOS
    > Award BIOS Message (713D1P40)
    > EVALUATION ROM - NOT FOR SALE
    > DMI BIOS Version 1.0.7
    >
    > --------[ Windows Video
    >
    > [ Intel(R) G33/G31 Express Chipset Family ]
    >
    > Video Adapter Properties:
    > Device Description Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > Adapter String Intel(R)
    > G33/G31 Express Chipset Family
    > BIOS String Intel Video
    > BIOS
    > Chip Type Intel(R) GMA
    > 3100
    > DAC Type Internal
    > Installed Drivers igxprd32
    > (6.14.10.4820)
    > Memory Size 128 MB
    >
    > --------[ Network
    >
    > Property Value
    > Card 1
    > Model Intel(R) 82562V-2 10/100 Network Connection
    > Status Connected
    > Type WIRED
    > Speed 100 Mbps
    >

    > --
    > All of Usenet is in a psychological, emotional, and antisocial free fall
    > into an abyss and fully immersed in a drowning pool of mental illness.

    The best computer ever made was the Altair 8800.
    Moldy Cheese, Feb 20, 2008