Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff!

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by J-McC, Jun 7, 2007.

  1. J-McC

    J-McC Guest

    Recently I have managed to pickup a virus called W32.Myzor.fk@yf or is
    it "spyheal" or "Dr Antispy". It has a bogus help screen which offers
    help on the removal. It has infected my IE7 and keeps redirecting it
    to several sites. Not to be deterred I made these sites "restricted"
    trying to get rid of them. No luck though!

    The message on the screen has things like my IP (138.217.37.29) which
    I believe is crap as I do not think my ISP (Telstra/Bigpond) uses that
    range.

    The help message is as follows.

    Download and install one of the following approved software products:
    Spy Heal
    • Over 40,000 threats in the database
    • Exclusive algorythm of cleaning
    • IE Safe Mode - simply cleans your browser!
    • Manual / automatic update system
    • Autostart items / IE Objects / Running Processes manager
    • Dialer blocker, Popup blocker

    • Visit Website • Free Download Dr Antispy
    • Daily updated threat databases
    • Intelligent threat scanner
    • Application advanced firewall
    • IE security improvements
    • Advanced system securty features
    • Multiple scan options (fast / normal / deep)

    • Visit Website • Free Download

    I thought this was a poor way to try and get customers (suckers) so I
    "Googled" for "spy heal removal" and got several what looked promising
    leads. I downloaded one from the google results, I installed it as
    advised and it was too good to be true!. It found heaps of things
    wrong, (If a human had all these ailments you would just cremaite them
    there and then). What made me so mad was once all this damage was
    located it then had a message requesting purchase (about $us30.00) to
    activate the program so it would then clean up the damage. This
    program was called "Spyhunter"

    I think this is soo wrong, I know they might need payment to cover
    their costs but on principle I will not be held ransom like this.

    Here are the first page of the google results for "spy heal removal"

    How To Remove Spyheal Or Spyheals (removal Instructions)How to remove
    SpyHeal or SpyHeals (Removal Instructions) What this program does:
    Note: More information needed on this. If you have this on your
    computer ...
    www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic58129.html - 43k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Spy Heal :: Spy Heal Removal InstructionsSpy Heal Description and
    Removal Instructions. Find and Detect Spy Heal on your PC. Remove,
    Uninstall and Get Rid of Spy Heal.
    www.spywareremove.com/removeSpy_Heal.html - 28k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    SpyHeal :: SpyHeal Removal InstructionsSpyHeal Description and Removal
    Instructions. Find and Detect SpyHeal on your PC. Remove, Uninstall
    and Get Rid of SpyHeal.
    www.spywareremove.com/removeSpyHeal.html - 27k - 5 Jun 2007 - Cached -
    Similar pages
    [ More results from www.spywareremove.com ]

    SpyHeal Removal[FeedShow RSS reader]Spy Heal can be extremely
    difficult to remove manually and could cause your computer to stop
    responding. This spyware hides itself in your system very well. ...
    www.feedshow.com/show_items-feed=f2ffdde6aad578ca3834540282c09de7 -
    13k - Cached - Similar pages

    Detect & Remove SpyHeal » 411-Spyware.comRemove SpyHeal with SpyHeal
    Removal Instructions. The 411 on how to get rid of SpyHeal & other
    parasite threats. Get free SpyHeal scan.
    www.411-spyware.com/remove-spyheal - 45k - Cached - Similar pages

    Remove SpyHeal or SpyHeals (removal instructions) - Security ...Click
    on Start; Then click on Control Panel; Double click on the Add/Remove
    icon; Find the entry: SpyHeal 2.1, if it excists. Then on every entry
    found, ...
    forum.securitycadets.com/index.php?showtopic=232 - 75k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    How to remove SpyHeal - Malware Help.OrgSpyHeal is what appears to be
    the latest rogue anti spyware application from the makers of
    SpywareQuake, SpyAxe, SpywareStrike, and SpyFalcon.
    www.malwarehelp.org/news/article-4171.html - 39k - Cached - Similar
    pages

    SpyHealInformation and removal instructions for the SpyHeal program.
    .... Removal tools:, List of products that detect/remove/protect
    against SpyHeal: ...
    www.spywareguide.com/spydet_3027_spyheal.html - 19k - 5 Jun 2007 -
    Cached - Similar pages

    SpyHeal Removal Instructions and Information :: Uninstall, Remove
    ....How to remove SpyHeal. SpyHeal Description and Removal
    Instructions. Uninstall, Delete and remove SpyHeal files and registry.
    www.uninstall-spyware.com/uninstallSpyHeal.html - 24k - Cached -
    Similar pages

    Security Cadets » SpyHeal removal guide updatedSpyHeal removal guide
    updated. July 12th, 2006 by AndyAtHull. The guide I made to remove the
    new rogue, SpyHeal, has been updated. ...
    www.securitycadets.com/2006/07/spyheal-removal-guide-updated/ - 27k -
    Cached - Similar pages

    My anti virus program is CA associates etrust, it has not found any
    virus, I have searched fo spyware using both CA and spybot but cannot
    find any thing.

    I am not blaming google but this does show waht absolute low life
    scumbags are out in our "bad bad" world.

    How do I repair this capturing of IE7 without getting ripped off.

    J-McC
    J-McC, Jun 7, 2007

  2. J-McC

    tom Guest

    "J-McC" <> wrote in message
    > Recently I have managed to pickup a virus called W32.Myzor.fk@yf or is
    > it "spyheal" or "Dr Antispy". It has a bogus help screen which offers
    > help on the removal. It has infected my IE7 and keeps redirecting it
    > to several sites. Not to be deterred I made these sites "restricted"
    > trying to get rid of them. No luck though!

    <snip>

    > My anti virus program is CA associates etrust, it has not found any
    > virus, I have searched fo spyware using both CA and spybot but cannot
    > find any thing.
    >
    > I am not blaming google but this does show waht absolute low life
    > scumbags are out in our "bad bad" world.
    >
    > How do I repair this capturing of IE7 without getting ripped off.
    >
    > J-McC

    First I'd get rid of CA. Very ineffective AV protection. I know from
    experience. Then go here http://www.kaspersky.com/ and DL and install their
    30 day trial program and see if it can find and eliminate your problem.
    Here's a link to a free scaled down version of the same program
    http://www.activevirusshield.com/antivirus/freeav/index.adp . If you install
    this free version don't install toolbar during installation. If you decide
    to get the pay version of kaspersky here a link for a $10 rebate.
    http://www.bpmessagecenter.com/~Kaspersky/click.asp?key=491160&url=http://ww
    w.kasperskyusa.com/promotions/KAV6_rmktE.pdf
    tom, Jun 7, 2007

  3. J-McC

    Luis Penna Guest

    J-McC wrote:

    > Recently I have managed to pickup a virus called W32.Myzor.fk@yf or is
    > it "spyheal" or "Dr Antispy". It has a bogus help screen which offers
    > help on the removal. It has infected my IE7 and keeps redirecting it
    > to several sites. Not to be deterred I made these sites "restricted"
    > trying to get rid of them. No luck though!
    >
    > The message on the screen has things like my IP (138.217.37.29) which
    > I believe is crap as I do not think my ISP (Telstra/Bigpond) uses that
    > range.

    Your IP address was about the only thing SpyHeal did identify correctly.

    > How do I repair this capturing of IE7 without getting ripped off.

    http://www.hijackthis.de/
    http://filedb.hijackthis.eu/
    http://www.precisesecurity.com/computer-virus/avmyzor-may01.htm

    If and when you get your PC sorted, stop using IE. Try Opera or Firefox 2.x.
    Luis Penna, Jun 7, 2007
  4. J-McC

    Luis Penna Guest

    Luis Penna, Jun 7, 2007
  5. J-McC

    Guest

    J-McC <> wrote:

    >The message on the screen has things like my IP (138.217.37.29) which
    >I believe is crap

    No it's correct
    Jun 2007 23:07:33 EST)
    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , Jun 7, 2007
  6. J-McC

    Guest

    wrote:

    >>The message on the screen has things like my IP (138.217.37.29) which
    >>I believe is crap

    >No it's correct
    >Jun 2007 23:07:33 EST)

    forgot to add:
    Turn off ActiveX don't use it. then give AVG Spyware a try
    http://free.grisoft.com/doc/1 and do a full scan.

    --

    http://www.onahorse.com/
    , Jun 7, 2007
  7. J-McC

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Use Remove-it version 11, it's fast and free. It now has over 3500
    signatures to remove All variants of Virusburst, Spy Heal, Spy Dawn,
    Spylock, and Antivermins. New Feature, Remove-it will now update your hosts
    file. This tool is designed to Specifically remove all variants. Scan time
    is about 2 minutes. Designed for Windows 2000/XP only. Password is still
    required.
    First read this page http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads then use the email
    link on the bottom of the page to receive the software.

    Check my feedback and see what others have said about it
    http://pcbutts1-therealtruth.blogspot.com/

    Feedback is very important to the development of Remove-it.
    Let me know how it works. Send feedback here

    pcbutts1, Jun 8, 2007
  8. J-McC

    Leythos Guest

    In article <f4a5ul$ktc$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > Check my feedback and see what others have said about it

    All they need to do is check the links you provide below, not some BS
    faked posts you added to your own blog.

    *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    website ***
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
    http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
    All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com
    Leythos, Jun 8, 2007
  9. J-McC

    tom Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <f4a5ul$ktc$>, pcbutts1
    > @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > > Check my feedback and see what others have said about it

    > All they need to do is check the links you provide below, not some BS
    > faked posts you added to your own blog.
    >
    > --
    > Want to know what PCBUTTS1 is really about?
    > *** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
    > abusive nature created by PCBUTTS1 and still hosted on his public
    > website ***
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm Exposed to Kids ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm REMOVED ,
    > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/bughunters.htm Exposed to Kids ...
    > All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

    Got some sickos sleazin round here.
    tom, Jun 8, 2007
  10. J-McC

    Luis Penna Guest

    Luis Penna, Jun 8, 2007
  11. J-McC

    pcbutts1 Guest

    FYI stalker. Remove-it worked, what are you going to troll him now because
    he ignored you.
    https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogID=8261578886161919944&postID=113514999305518430

    pcbutts1, Jun 8, 2007
  12. J-McC

    Leythos Guest

    In article <f4c1b5$98j$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > FYI stalker. Remove-it worked, what are you going to troll him now because
    > he ignored you.

    For your information your site is still a filthy porn hosting site that
    is filled with nasty items that you put there. Your site is contains
    nothing beneficial that can't be found from valid, honorable, good sites
    on the net.

    Oh, and you are the troll, stalking me, creating a website in my name,
    posting filth on your website....

    Leythos, Jun 8, 2007
  13. J-McC

    tom Guest

    "Luis Penna" <> wrote in message
    > tom wrote:
    >

    > > Got

    > Ever considered upgrading to Windows XP SP2, which was released near three
    > years ago ?
    >
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/6ceaw

    Never found the need.
    tom, Jun 8, 2007
  14. J-McC

    J-McC Guest

    Re: Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff! thanks for fix

    I would like to say thanks for your help. Your software removed this
    pest very thoroughly and quickly. Your attention and response was
    very well accepted. I am sorry that my request for help has triggered
    a few nasty comments from some readers. All I can say is your help
    has been very well received by myself. I am surprised at the length
    of one of your program (batch) files. Still it all worked well, told
    me what it was doing at each stage (which I like rather than no
    indication of what is happening). Once again thank you very much.
    J-McC

    J-McC, Jun 9, 2007
  15. J-McC

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Re: Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff! thanks for fix

    You're Welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

    pcbutts1, Jun 9, 2007
  16. J-McC

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff! thanks for fix

    In article <>,
    says...
    > I would like to say thanks for your help. Your software removed this
    > pest very thoroughly and quickly. Your attention and response was
    > very well accepted. I am sorry that my request for help has triggered
    > a few nasty comments from some readers. All I can say is your help
    > has been very well received by myself. I am surprised at the length
    > of one of your program (batch) files. Still it all worked well, told
    > me what it was doing at each stage (which I like rather than no
    > indication of what is happening). Once again thank you very much.
    > J-McC

    And you could have got better results without resorting to getting them
    from an unethical person, a person that hosts nasty porn on the same
    site you downloaded the file from, and a person that doesn't offer you a
    means to recover from anything they delete.

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2007
  17. J-McC

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff! thanks for fix

    In article <f4d1hs$mos$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > You're Welcome. Thanks for the feedback.

    Nice nymshifting butts - posted within minutes of each other.

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2007
  18. J-McC

    pcbutts1 Guest

    Re: Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff! thanks for fix

    What are you too stupid to read headers.

    pcbutts1, Jun 9, 2007
  19. J-McC

    J-McC Guest

    Hi Tom, I have been running Win XP SP2 for many years and do
    constantly update using MS update. I even d/l the shit upgrade that
    had a bad memory leak and killed the computer. Took a while to track
    down why I had a svchost that slowly consumed over 140mb of ran and
    55% of cpu resources. I fail to see how microslop could release such
    a patch, makes one wonder about their quality control. I guess we
    should be glad that they do not make automobiles. "What no brakes!,
    Oh do not worry, we will fix that in our new model to be released in
    October."
    If it was not so close to the truth this comment might be funny.
    Perhaps if they cannot really do the job then they need to self
    appraise themselves.
    I used to feel sorry for microslop once, now I am sorry I use
    microslop products.

    J McC

    J-McC, Jun 9, 2007
  20. J-McC

    Leythos Guest

    Re: Is this sneaky or clever virus or spyware or a ripoff! thanks for fix

    In article <f4d2m5$p42$>, pcbutts1
    @leythosthestalker.com says...
    > What are you too stupid to read headers.

    What, are you too stupid to think that anyone can't post from anywhere
    in the world? It takes seconds to setup an account with a provider in
    any country and be able to post - not to mention that headers can be
    faked.

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2007