    connection outside a Laundromat even, and no one knows who you are. Am I
    wrong?

    thanks

    barnesds, Feb 23, 2007

  2. barnesds

    C. Guest

    Re: Is this right group? A sort of Security Question?

    On 23 Feb, 08:54, barnesds <> wrote:
    > I guess this more a privacy question - but would be a personal security
    > question, if a better group to ask, please inform me, thanks.
    >
    > The internet is now so transparent that if you do anything from home,
    > everyone knows it. Back in the days, one could sign up for a service,
    > even from home, and no one knew it was you, by using various telephony
    > techniques. That has been dead for awhile.

    No. An increasing number of users are more readily identifiable on the
    internet (but the issue of jurisdiction still remains). But in actual
    fact, there are more and easier ways of achieving anonymity ranging
    from anonymizing services such as Tor, prepay mobile phones, free dial-
    up access...its not just te internet - all systems of communications
    are more accessible without credentials now.

    C.

    C., Feb 25, 2007