    Would I just run a cable from one of the computer connectors
    on the router to the other network adapter?

    How would MCE know which network adapter to use?

    sherry, Apr 24, 2008

  2. Hi
    You can connect it like this, Wireless Router as an AP -
    http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html
    However you probably do not need the second Wireless Router.
    If you have one Wireless Router every Wireless Device on your network can
    access through it any other devices on the network provided that the devices
    are set to Share resources.
    http://www.ezlan.net/sharing.html
    allowed to be shared.
    Vista File and Printer Sharing-
    Windows XP File Sharing -
    Printer Sharing XP -
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/875357
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922120
    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    Jack \(MVP-Networking\)., Apr 24, 2008

  3. Well, lots of info. here. This could take me a while.
    I'm doing this more as an experiment. Not sure if it's
    really practical.

    I have a wireless router that currently serves all my needs including
    handling my XBOX.

    I have recently gotten hold of a new Links G/A wireless router. Since the
    XBOX runs
    on the A band, and it supposedly not used as much, I thought
    I would try to configure it, the idea being I would have one network
    for the 'business' stuff, and the A router for the XBOX, if that
    makes any sense.

    Assuming this is possible, I am curious how it works. How does media center
    know which network card to handle requests from? I'm a bit fuzzy
    on this stuff. I configured my XBOX
    to run on this adapter, and I get as far as getting an IP address, but it
    stops
    when it can't find a media PC. It works fine in the 'old' configuration.
    Just curious.

    Thanks. I'll start reading.

    Sherry Crawley, Apr 24, 2008
  4. sherry

    Barb Bowman Guest

    do you have the latest firmware for this router? what model and
    hardware rev?

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP

    Barb Bowman, Apr 25, 2008
  5. It's a LinkSys A+G Router (WRT55AG)
    I've not checked it yet for updates. I'll do that.

    Thanks.

    Sherry Crawley, Apr 26, 2008