    for when I want to use my jukebox

    the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    , Aug 13, 2007

  2. Dogpoop Guest

    wrote:
    > and does a cable excist to do it
    >
    > I have a old P.C which i have turned in to a juke box by loading up
    > all my CD's in MP3 format and some jukebox software
    >
    > It has a standard vga monitor connection
    >
    > I now have a 32inch LCD television with 2 scart , 2 HDMI inputs plus
    > svideo and RGB but no dedicated PC connection
    >
    > Is it possible to connect the PC to the TV and use the TV as a monitor
    > for when I want to use my jukebox
    >
    > the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    Yes but you need a video card with DVI (digital) or HDMI output.

    --
    Dog Poop

    Stand by me,

    Dogpoop, Aug 13, 2007

  3. Kenny Guest

    Not necessarily, I have a laptop connected to 37" LCD via 15 pin d-sub
    cable.

    --
    Kenny Cargill

    Kenny, Aug 13, 2007
  4. Vanguard Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > and does a cable excist to do it
    >
    > I have a old P.C which i have turned in to a juke box by loading up
    > all my CD's in MP3 format and some jukebox software
    >
    > It has a standard vga monitor connection
    >
    > I now have a 32inch LCD television with 2 scart , 2 HDMI inputs plus
    > svideo and RGB but no dedicated PC connection
    >
    > Is it possible to connect the PC to the TV and use the TV as a
    > monitor
    > for when I want to use my jukebox
    >
    > the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    And what would be a "dedicated PC connection"?

    So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the sound
    inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video inputs but
    said nothing about the sound inputs of the television. MP3 is an
    audio coding format. Your sound card or mobo has connectors going to
    your speakers. So why can't those go to your television?

    Vanguard, Aug 13, 2007
  5. dadiOH Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> and does a cable excist to do it
    >>
    >> I have a old P.C which i have turned in to a juke box by loading up
    >> all my CD's in MP3 format and some jukebox software
    >>
    >> It has a standard vga monitor connection
    >>
    >> I now have a 32inch LCD television with 2 scart , 2 HDMI inputs
    >> plus svideo and RGB but no dedicated PC connection
    >>
    >> Is it possible to connect the PC to the TV and use the TV as a
    >> monitor
    >> for when I want to use my jukebox
    >>
    >> the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    > And what would be a "dedicated PC connection"?
    >
    > So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the sound
    > inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video inputs but
    > said nothing about the sound inputs of the television. MP3 is an
    > audio coding format. Your sound card or mobo has connectors going
    > to your speakers. So why can't those go to your television?

    Did you see his info about "jukebox software"?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 13, 2007
  6. Rectum Burn Guest

    "Dogpoop" <> said in news:vCZvi.13918$rr5.8131@newsfe1-
    win.ntli.net:

    > wrote:
    >> and does a cable excist to do it
    >>
    >> I have a old P.C which i have turned in to a juke box by loading up
    >> all my CD's in MP3 format and some jukebox software
    >>
    >> It has a standard vga monitor connection
    >>
    >> I now have a 32inch LCD television with 2 scart , 2 HDMI inputs plus
    >> svideo and RGB but no dedicated PC connection
    >>
    >> Is it possible to connect the PC to the TV and use the TV as a monitor
    >> for when I want to use my jukebox
    >>
    >> the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    > Yes but you need a video card with DVI (digital) or HDMI output.

    Dear Dogshit,

    If OP would say what lind of video card he has, maybe the idiot already
    has one. And if he doesn't maybe the idiot has an S-video c0nnection. But
    the dumb ass just ASSUMES we know what he has. OTH, he COULD get an adapter
    from VGA to DVI and use that to plug into the LCD TV, but it may look like
    SHIT. You seem to know a lot about that.

    Rectum Burrrrrrrrrn

    Rectum Burn, Aug 14, 2007
  7. Vanguard Guest

    "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> <> wrote in message
    >>> and does a cable excist to do it
    >>>
    >>> I have a old P.C which i have turned in to a juke box by loading
    >>> up
    >>> all my CD's in MP3 format and some jukebox software
    >>>
    >>> It has a standard vga monitor connection
    >>>
    >>> I now have a 32inch LCD television with 2 scart , 2 HDMI inputs
    >>> plus svideo and RGB but no dedicated PC connection
    >>>
    >>> Is it possible to connect the PC to the TV and use the TV as a
    >>> monitor
    >>> for when I want to use my jukebox
    >>>
    >>> the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    >> And what would be a "dedicated PC connection"?
    >>
    >> So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the
    >> sound
    >> inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video inputs but
    >> said nothing about the sound inputs of the television. MP3 is an
    >> audio coding format. Your sound card or mobo has connectors going
    >> to your speakers. So why can't those go to your television?

    > Did you see his info about "jukebox software"?

    And that has what to do with his audio outputs which is hardware?

    Vanguard, Aug 14, 2007
  8. ded Guest

    "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> Vanguard wrote:
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> And what would be a "dedicated PC connection"?
    >>>
    >>> So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the sound
    >>> inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video inputs but
    >>> said nothing about the sound inputs of the television. MP3 is an
    >>> audio coding format. Your sound card or mobo has connectors going
    >>> to your speakers. So why can't those go to your television?

    >> Did you see his info about "jukebox software"?

    > And that has what to do with his audio outputs which is hardware?

    I think OP intends to use LCD as monitor for track listing etc of the PC
    based
    jukebox. I doubt the intention is for a LCD display to be used for sonics,
    the
    speakers in flat panel displays are not hi-fidelity to say the least.

    ded, Aug 14, 2007
  9. dadiOH Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > "dadiOH" <> wrote in message
    >> Vanguard wrote:
    >>> <> wrote in message

    >>> And what would be a "dedicated PC connection"?
    >>>
    >>> So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the
    >>> sound
    >>> inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video inputs but
    >>> said nothing about the sound inputs of the television. MP3 is an
    >>> audio coding format. Your sound card or mobo has connectors going
    >>> to your speakers. So why can't those go to your television?

    >> Did you see his info about "jukebox software"?

    > And that has what to do with his audio outputs which is hardware?

    It is pertinent because OP has no interest in playing his MP3s thru
    the television - he has a dedicated computer for that. What he *does*
    want to do is use the TV as a visual monitor (instead of the computer
    monitor) of the jukebox software.

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Aug 14, 2007
  10. Vanguard Guest

    "ded" <> wrote in message

    > "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    >> "dadiOH" <> wrote in message

    >>> Did you see his info about "jukebox software"?

    >> And that has what to do with his audio outputs which is hardware?
    >>

    > I think OP intends to use LCD as monitor for track listing etc of
    > the PC based
    > jukebox. I doubt the intention is for a LCD display to be used for
    > sonics, the
    > speakers in flat panel displays are not hi-fidelity to say the
    > least.

    Oops, I see the OP wants to use his television as a monitor only. I
    thought he wanted to use its audio (speakers) in place of whatever he
    is currently using for speakers in his "old P.C".

    Odd his LCD television doesn't have a simple single RCA plug for
    component video input, like from a DVD player, to which he could
    connect the video out of the video card in his old PC (if it has
    component video out). Yes, some DVD players have sVideo outputs (the
    OP said his television has sVideo in) but many just have component
    video. While the OP mentioned sVideo in, he never mentioned what his
    video card has for outputs unless the 15-pin VGA connector is it. Do
    any LCD televisions really have RGB inputs as teh OP claims (3
    separate shielded BNC connections for red, green, and blue)?

    If all the OP has is a VGA output from his video card in his old PC,
    there are VGA-to-HDMI converter boxes (to convert analog signals to
    digital), but they're pricey (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2qfddh).
    There are also VGA-to-SCART converter boxes
    (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2jk93y). Might be a lot cheaper to use a
    VGA-to-sVideo adapter cable (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2tm5sx) since
    the OP said his TV had sVideo inputs. Of course, while he has the VGA
    output of his video card connected to his TV, he can't use his
    disconnected computer monitor unless he also uses a VGA splitter
    (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2qbpyl or
    http://preview.tinyurl.com/3dms9b).

    Vanguard, Aug 14, 2007
  11. ded Guest

    "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    > "ded" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Vanguard" <> wrote in message
    >>> "dadiOH" <> wrote in message

    >>> And that has what to do with his audio outputs which is hardware?
    >>>

    >> I think OP intends to use LCD as monitor for track listing etc of the PC
    >> based
    >> jukebox. I doubt the intention is for a LCD display to be used for
    >> sonics, the
    >> speakers in flat panel displays are not hi-fidelity to say the least.

    > Oops, I see the OP wants to use his television as a monitor only. I
    > thought he wanted to use its audio (speakers) in place of whatever he is
    > currently using for speakers in his "old P.C".
    >
    > Odd his LCD television doesn't have a simple single RCA plug for component
    > video input, like from a DVD player, to which he could connect the video
    > out of the video card in his old PC (if it has component video out). Yes,
    > some DVD players have sVideo outputs (the OP said his television has
    > sVideo in) but many just have component video. While the OP mentioned
    > sVideo in, he never mentioned what his video card has for outputs unless
    > the 15-pin VGA connector is it. Do any LCD televisions really have RGB
    > inputs as teh OP claims (3 separate shielded BNC connections for red,
    > green, and blue)?

    The OP is a Brit and 21 pin RGB SCART is a standard hardware
    configuration in Europe for PAL/secam. It's doubtful he meant YUV-RGB
    component inputs.

    > If all the OP has is a VGA output from his video card in his old PC, there
    > are VGA-to-HDMI converter boxes (to convert analog signals to digital),
    > but they're pricey (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2qfddh). There are also
    > VGA-to-SCART converter boxes (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2jk93y). Might
    > be a lot cheaper to use a VGA-to-sVideo adapter cable
    > (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2tm5sx) since the OP said his TV had sVideo
    > inputs. Of course, while he has the VGA output of his video card
    > connected to his TV, he can't use his disconnected computer monitor unless
    > he also uses a VGA splitter (http://preview.tinyurl.com/2qbpyl or
    > http://preview.tinyurl.com/3dms9b).

    I personally think the OP is going the wrong route, though he only
    lists his PC as "old" and dosen't specify OS, I think a budget AGP
    graphics card with DVI would be the better option.

    ded, Aug 14, 2007
  12. nobody > Guest

    Kenny wrote:
    > Not necessarily, I have a laptop connected to 37" LCD via 15 pin d-sub
    > cable.

    The OP stated he doesn't have that type of VGA connector on his LCD TV.

    From what I've seen from recent shopping, D-subs are starting to
    disappear on new TVs. Something about DRM....

    nobody >, Aug 15, 2007
  13. nobody > Guest

    Vanguard wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >> and does a cable excist to do it
    >>
    >> I have a old P.C which i have turned in to a juke box by loading up
    >> all my CD's in MP3 format and some jukebox software
    >>
    >> It has a standard vga monitor connection
    >>
    >> I now have a 32inch LCD television with 2 scart , 2 HDMI inputs plus
    >> svideo and RGB but no dedicated PC connection
    >>
    >> Is it possible to connect the PC to the TV and use the TV as a monitor
    >> for when I want to use my jukebox
    >>
    >> the PC runs windows XP but is fairly slow

    > And what would be a "dedicated PC connection"?
    >
    > So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the sound
    > inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video inputs but said
    > nothing about the sound inputs of the television. MP3 is an audio
    > coding format. Your sound card or mobo has connectors going to your
    > speakers. So why can't those go to your television?

    He wants to WATCH the jukebox. Most likely he got the audio part done
    the day he got the TV.

    nobody >, Aug 15, 2007
  14. Vanguard Guest

    "nobody" wrote in message news:...
    > Vanguard wrote:
    >> So why not connect the sound outputs from your computer to the
    >> sound inputs of the television? You mention a bunch of video
    >> inputs but said nothing about the sound inputs of the television.
    >> MP3 is an audio coding format. Your sound card or mobo has
    >> connectors going to your speakers. So why can't those go to your
    >> television?

    > He wants to WATCH the jukebox. Most likely he got the audio part
    > done the day he got the TV.

    Already addressed in my 3rd post made 13 hours after my 1st one but 8
    hours before your post.

    Vanguard, Aug 15, 2007