    & be on my way.If this can be done please tell me what I will need to
    do.
    Thanks

    J C Ames, Dec 11, 2005

  2. J C Ames

    clot Guest

    J C Ames wrote:
    > I want to make an image of my main hdd C: only & put that image on a
    > seperate hdd so in case of a blow out I can : transfer the saved image
    > & be on my way.If this can be done please tell me what I will need to
    > do.
    > Thanks

    Google for Norton Ghost or Acronis True Image. These will do what you
    want.

    clot, Dec 11, 2005

  3. J C Ames

    old jon Guest

    "J C Ames" <> wrote in message
    >I want to make an image of my main hdd C: only & put that image on a
    > seperate hdd so in case of a blow out I can : transfer the saved image
    > & be on my way.If this can be done please tell me what I will need to
    > do.
    > Thanks

    Yes it is possible. You plug your second drive into your system as a Slave
    device. (making sure the existing one is Master). You can then use imaging
    software, to create an exact copy of your existng drive.
    Software ?. You`ve got a choice. Some are XXcopy, XXclone, Ghost and Acronis
    True image. There are of course others. Hope this helps.
    best wishes..OJ

    old jon, Dec 11, 2005