    from my home. Is there any way using a dial up modem that I could dial in
    from my shop to my residence and use the cable internet service?

    Thanks

    Turner, Oct 25, 2003

  2. if you run win2003 server at home then set -up a vpn you can

    "Turner" <> wrote in message
    > I have cable internet service at my residence and I am using a Linksys
    > Router to share internet service among two PCs. I have a shop about 2

    miles

    RICHARD reason, Oct 25, 2003

  3. Turner

    DeMoN_LaG Guest

    "RICHARD reason" <> wrote in news:QcBmb.193400
    $:

    > if you run win2003 server at home then set -up a vpn you can

    You do not need windows server 2003 to do this.

    DeMoN_LaG, Oct 25, 2003
  4. Turner

    Turner Guest

    I'm using XP Pro. How is it done? Do I need additional hardware?

    Turner, Oct 26, 2003
  5. Turner

    JTJersey Guest

    On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:40:16 +0000, RICHARD reason wrote:

    > if you run win2003 server at home then set -up a vpn you can
    >

    > "Turner" <> wrote in message
    >> I have cable internet service at my residence and I am using a Linksys
    >> Router to share internet service among two PCs. I have a shop about 2

    > miles
    >> from my home. Is there any way using a dial up modem that I could dial in
    >> from my shop to my residence and use the cable internet service?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    Be Careful. Comcast states that if it catches you using a VPN service it
    will disconnect you. They will gladly allow you to do it for another $49.95
    however. Don't know about other companies.

    JTJersey, Oct 26, 2003
  6. Turner

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    "Turner" <> wrote in news::

    > I'm using XP Pro. How is it done? Do I need additional hardware?

    I don't believe XP Pro supports RAS (Remote Access Services). It is,
    however, available in Windows 2000 Server and (unless I'm mistaken) Windows
    NT 4.0 Server, both of which are cheaper than Windows Server 2003.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)

    DeMoN LaG, Oct 26, 2003
  7. Turner

    DH Guest

    "DeMoN LaG" <n@a> wrote in message
    > "Turner" <> wrote in news::
    >
    > > I'm using XP Pro. How is it done? Do I need additional hardware?
    > >

    > I don't believe XP Pro supports RAS (Remote Access Services). It is,
    > however, available in Windows 2000 Server and (unless I'm mistaken)

    Windows
    > NT 4.0 Server, both of which are cheaper than Windows Server 2003.
    >
    > --
    > AIM: FrznFoodClerk (actually me)
    > email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    > website: under construction
    > email/IM for rates/services

    Windows XP does support VPN. Go to Control Panel/Network Connections/make a
    new connection/Se up an advanced connection/Accept incoming connection......

    Dave H.

    DH, Oct 26, 2003
  8. If they want $44.95 for that I would say go for a cheap dial-up ISP.

    --
    Andrew Watiker

    Visit My Website: http://andrewwatiker.alturl.com
    or
    http://andrewwatiker.homeip.net:81

    "All We Are Saying is Give Peace a Chance."
    - John Lennon

    Peace & Love.
    "JTJersey" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 20:40:16 +0000, RICHARD reason wrote:
    >
    > > if you run win2003 server at home then set -up a vpn you can
    > >

    > > "Turner" <> wrote in message
    > >> I have cable internet service at my residence and I am using a Linksys
    > >> Router to share internet service among two PCs. I have a shop about 2

    > > miles
    > >> from my home. Is there any way using a dial up modem that I could dial

    in
    > >> from my shop to my residence and use the cable internet service?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks
    > >>

    > Be Careful. Comcast states that if it catches you using a VPN service it
    > will disconnect you. They will gladly allow you to do it for another

    $49.95
    > however. Don't know about other companies.

    ---

    Andrew Watiker, Oct 26, 2003