is this legit?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by cpt Bollox, Aug 20, 2004.

  1. cpt Bollox

    cpt Bollox Guest

    cpt Bollox, Aug 20, 2004

  2. cpt Bollox

    ICee Guest

    ICee, Aug 20, 2004

  3. cpt Bollox

    cpt Bollox Guest

    cpt Bollox, Aug 20, 2004
  4. cpt Bollox

    Bob Guest

    Bob, Aug 21, 2004
  5. cpt Bollox

    ICee Guest

    cpt Bollox wrote:
    > "ICee" <> wrote in message
    >> cpt Bollox wrote:
    >>> http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=1&Id=hvh2nbr
    >>>
    >>> the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

    >> Snake oil.
    >>

    > say what?

    Snake oil. I.E., it's bullsh*t, unless they've found a way to get
    around the laws of physics.
    ICee, Aug 21, 2004
  6. cpt Bollox

    Jim Berwick Guest

    "cpt Bollox" <> wrote in news:2ondu2FcgcjeU1@uni-
    berlin.de:

    > the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

    It's just as believable as NetZero (or my company) offering "High-Speed
    dialup" that is 5 times faster than regular dialup. It's a best case
    scenario 5 times faster. I imagine getting a 10MB webpage consistenting
    entirely of the letter 'a' could be accelerated to be downloaded in 5
    seconds, but I don't believe any form of dialup is "fast"
    Jim Berwick, Aug 21, 2004
  7. cpt Bollox

    joevan Guest

    On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:59:03 -0400, "ICee" <>
    wrote:

    >cpt Bollox wrote:
    >> http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=1&Id=hvh2nbr
    >>
    >> the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

    >Snake oil.

    Hey ICee, I signed up with a throwaway email addy just for farts and
    giggles. I will keep you posted about the oil. :eek:)
    joevan

    Congratulations………

    Your application has been accepted and queued. You now have a SPECIAL
    OFFER totally FREE for life account and will receive a link to
    download the JUICE software on October 1st 2004.

    You will be sent an email within a few seconds confirming your account
    and issuing you a JUICE
    broadband customer account number for future reference and activation.

    Please refer your friends, family and work colleagues. Simply send
    them to the JUICE site or use
    the email a friend feature on the JUICE site.

    EARN cash for referring. Join the JUICE affiliate scheme and EARN a
    lot of CASH. Click here to join up.

    Good Luck

    JUICE pre-launch customer support team 2004
    joevan, Aug 21, 2004
  8. cpt Bollox

    ICee Guest

    joevan wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 18:59:03 -0400, "ICee" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> cpt Bollox wrote:
    >>> http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=1&Id=hvh2nbr
    >>>
    >>> the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

    >> Snake oil.
    >>

    > Hey ICee, I signed up with a throwaway email addy just for farts and
    > giggles. I will keep you posted about the oil. :eek:)
    > joevan

    [snip]

    > EARN cash for referring. Join the JUICE affiliate scheme and EARN a
    > lot of CASH. Click here to join up.

    [snip]

    At least they're honest enough to call it a scheme. I look forward to
    your report. :)
    ICee, Aug 21, 2004
  9. cpt Bollox

    David Qunt Guest

    "cpt Bollox" <> squirted these wordjisms deep
    inside the bumtube of the newstwat in news::

    > http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=1&Id=hvh2nbr
    >
    > the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

    All that's missing fronm that site is an 'I am a gullible twat' button.

    --
    *********************************

    David Qunt, Aug 21, 2004
  10. cpt Bollox

    PC Guest

    PC, Aug 21, 2004
  11. cpt Bollox

    Max Guest

    In article <>, ICee
    <> wrote:

    > At least they're honest enough to call it a scheme. I look forward to
    > your report. :)

    Sure they are.
    "Scheme" just means it's planned, nothing negative.
    Max, Aug 21, 2004
  12. "cpt Bollox" <> wrote in message
    > http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=1&Id=hvh2nbr
    >
    > the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable

    Sounds like that other speeder upper that the UK Pc mags have been going on
    about.

    On Speed or something like that. If it is, it works by compressing the pages
    that you are d/loading, the graphics mainly so that they get on your screen
    faster. But it makes no difference to files like .mp3 that you might want to
    d/load.
    It gets pretty good reviews though.
    Dr Hackenbush, Aug 21, 2004
  13. "Dr Hackenbush" <> wrote in
    message news:iSDVc.61$...

    > "cpt Bollox" <> wrote in message
    > > http://www.juiceboosted.com/index.php?RequestId=1&Id=hvh2nbr
    > >
    > > the page is fine, just doesnt sound believable
    > >

    > Sounds like that other speeder upper that the UK Pc mags have been going

    on
    > about.
    >
    > On Speed or something like that. If it is, it works by compressing the

    pages
    > that you are d/loading, the graphics mainly so that they get on your

    screen
    > faster. But it makes no difference to files like .mp3 that you might want

    > d/load.
    > It gets pretty good reviews though.

    Just had another mosey and it doesnt even start until October. It states
    that it uses a different kind of compression
    Dr Hackenbush, Aug 21, 2004
  14. cpt Bollox

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Max wrote:

    > In article <>, ICee
    > <> wrote:
    >

    >>At least they're honest enough to call it a scheme. I look forward to
    >>your report. :)

    > Sure they are.
    > "Scheme" just means it's planned, nothing negative.

    In the context of computers, you are correct, unless the word
    is capitalized, in which case "Scheme" is the name of a computer
    language (like Lisp).

    In English in general, scheme DOES have negative connotations, as in
    'the robbers schemed how to lift a bundle.' - RM
    Rick Merrill, Aug 21, 2004