Is this information correct regarding IP addresses?

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by ~BD~, Jun 8, 2009.

  1. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Peter Foldes" <> wrote in message
    >I would not do that Rick. You will then also be a persona non grata. BD
    >is trouble
    > all the way as you can attest from the post asking you to do his bad
    > deeds. And
    > believe me there are many. He can be man enough to do this on his own
    > unless he is
    > missing his backbone (probably)
    >
    > BTW. Even if you are posting in another name and posting that sort of
    > question or
    > even similar will also ban you not just there but in from most Usenet
    > newsgroups.
    > You are not able to hide your ID even if posted or changed with
    > another IP unless
    > you are using your own bonafide server along with Exchange
    > (2K3&8,SBS,Exchange and
    > similar)
    >
    > Also this newsgroup and others including Google and all unsent etc is
    > read all the
    > time by all knowing BD in Ahuma . His IP's (Also in Mac and Linux )
    > have been
    > flagged on the Internet all over the globe

    This is a message posted for the attention of 'Big Rick' in the
    'microsoft.public.test.here' newsgroup. For general info. I *have* been
    banned from posting at www.Aumha.net but no real reason was ever given.
    Here is a copy of the email I received from the forum owner:-

    Subject: You have been permanently banned
    Date: 08/03/2008 22:45:37 GMT Standard Time

    Dave,

    I have just disabled your account on AumHa.net. I will do some surgical
    work
    to remove the contents of some of your posts.

    You are permanently banned. There is no basis for appeal. I gave you
    breaks
    and opportunities, and you abused them. I told you what you had to avoid
    doing, and you did it anyway.

    If we discover that you attempt to register on this forum under any
    other
    identity, you will be disabled. Under those circumstances, I am asking
    my
    co-administrators to contact whatever ISP you are then using and attempt
    get your account revoked under the ISP's anti-abuse rules.

    Do not attempt to contact me, or I will contact whatever ISP you use and
    attempt to get your account revoked under the ISP's anti-abuse rules.
    (Or, I
    may simply delete your emails.)

    I regret that I have to take such a stand. You have given me no other
    reasonable choice.

    --
    Jim Eshelman

    Dave
    ~BD~, Jun 8, 2009

  2. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <h0jh3e$u96$-september.org>,
    says...
    > This is a message posted for the attention of 'Big Rick' in the
    > 'microsoft.public.test.here' newsgroup. For general info. I *have* been
    > banned from posting at www.Aumha.net but no real reason was ever given.

    You should never post emails sent in private in Usenet without
    permission of the other person. Based on what I've seen of your posts I
    can easily imagine you being banned from a lot of places.

    Trust yourself.
    (remove 999 for proper email address)
    Leythos, Jun 8, 2009

  3. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <h0jh3e$u96$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> This is a message posted for the attention of 'Big Rick' in the
    >> 'microsoft.public.test.here' newsgroup. For general info. I *have*
    >> been
    >> banned from posting at www.Aumha.net but no real reason was ever
    >> given.
    >>

    > You should never post emails sent in private in Usenet without
    > permission of the other person. Based on what I've seen of your posts
    > can easily imagine you being banned from a lot of places.

    Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful to
    me, though, had you answered my question!

    FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
    Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).

    This is an interesting disclaimer which may be found posted by Mr
    Eshelman on his web site:-

    FINAL NECESSARY LEGAL STUFF by James A. Eshelman: All information given
    in this forum, and on all other parts of the Windows Support Center Web
    site, is probably wrong. I cannot guarantee, and do not guarantee, that
    any information provided here will work on any computer system for any
    user at any time. All content is provided only for entertainment
    purposes. Worse yet, I sometimes make mistakes (that's life!), and it is
    possibly I made one or more of them here. All information herein is
    offered as-is and without warranty of any kind. You take your life in
    your own hands if you trust me on any of it. Bad things may happen to
    you, and you have only yourself to blame. Neither James Eshelman, this
    site, outside contributors to this site, people quoted on this site, nor
    my cat Ares is/are responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, direct
    or consequential, resulting from application of any information
    presented here.

    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jun 8, 2009
  4. ~BD~

    Todd H. Guest

    "~BD~" <> writes:

    > FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
    > Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).

    Well, that's 2 more than the vast majority of the rest of us have been
    banned from.

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Jun 8, 2009
  5. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Addendum:

    "Peter Foldes" <> wrote in message

    (Said in reply to my recent comment of - "I'm fairly sure that at some
    point in the past I could click on the message 'identifier' (shown in
    blue) and the full, original, message would appear in a new OE6 window.
    That no longer happens - in fact, nothing happens at all!")

    > First step to having any IP flagged and then banned. That IP will then
    > not have the capacity of the posting show up in the msnewsgroups but
    > will show up on Google and similar.

    Does this make sense to anyone here?

    My thanks for any guidance.

    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jun 8, 2009
  6. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Thank you again for your comment, Leythos. Mr Eshelman follows a rather
    strange philosophy, of which you were perhaps unaware, which allows him
    to do as he wishes. I feel that I should be allowed the same priviledge!

    THELEMIC TEPHILAH
    Copyright © 2001, James A. Eshelman, All Rights Reserved

    Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

    Bhakti Yoga, in its higher forms, is a continuous recollection of
    Deity-as-Love, and a continuing participation in that Love. It is, at
    root, identical with the d'vequth ("adherence, intense devotion") of the
    Chassidim.

    Both bhakti and d'vequth have outer and inner aspects of worship.
    Ritualistic forms serve initially to establish the conscious awareness
    of this relationship with the root of all love and, later, to serve as a
    stimulus to its continuing recollection; but the essence of the higher
    practice is simply the continuing awareness of, and abiding within, the
    interminable Love itself. As it is written in Liber Legis: "A feast
    every day in your hearts in the joy of my rapture! A feast every night
    unto Nu, and the pleasure of uttermost delight!"

    The davaqah regards this intimate relationship as being with "God."
    The bhakti regards it as being with Ishvara. We say it is with the Holy
    Guardian Angel. All of this is the same, but for the words; and we are
    counseled best to remember those words with which the feet of the
    Probationer of A.'.A.'. are first set firmly upon the Straight Path:
    "Should therefore the candidate hear the name of any God, let him not
    rashly assume that it refers to any known God, save only the God known
    to himself."

    One of the most successful approaches to this state of bhakti is the
    Jewish tradition of daily reading in the Sepher ha-Torah, regarding the
    whole of the Chamsha (lit., "group of five") as a wheel, or cycle, that
    one completes in the course of each year. For many years, I contemplated
    an adaptation of this concept; for we, in Thelema, have our own Sepher
    ha-Torah, or "Book of the Law;" and our tradition has, as well, long
    recognized the Torah as a Rota ("wheel") - whence our word Taro. I
    established a personal foundation for this some years ago in identifying
    sacred readings and meditations for each of the 22 days of the Thelemic
    High Holy Season (March 20-April 10 of each year), originally shared
    only with Second Order members of Temple of Thelema, and later (Anno
    XCIV) published in Black Pearl.

    On these 12th and 13th days of October, Anno XCIV (1998 E.V.), my mind
    has returned more pointedly to the deeper concept, and I have found
    myself receiving a more complete model, and then working out its
    details. Of great interest to me is that these two days coincide, this
    year, with Simchas Torah, the annual festival of the Torah that
    inaugurates the Jewish annual cycle of readings. Though the Thelemic
    cycle commences nearly six months from now, at the Vernal Equinox, I
    have decided to follow these promptings and let the teaching have its
    birth on its own schedule.

    Until a better term comes along, the traditional term tephilah is
    recommended to describe this cycle of daily practices, in its particular
    sense of a psalm, or song upraised in adoration. [See below for download
    links and further explanation.]

    Love is the law, love under will.

    - Yaakov Dov bar-Aeshel
    13 October, 1998 E.V. (Anno XCIV)
    ~BD~, Jun 8, 2009
  7. ~BD~

    Todd H. Guest

    "~BD~" <> writes:

    > Addendum:
    >
    > "Peter Foldes" <> wrote in message
    >
    > (Said in reply to my recent comment of - "I'm fairly sure that at some
    > point in the past I could click on the message 'identifier' (shown in
    > blue) and the full, original, message would appear in a new OE6 window.
    > That no longer happens - in fact, nothing happens at all!")
    >
    >> First step to having any IP flagged and then banned. That IP will then
    >> not have the capacity of the posting show up in the msnewsgroups but
    >> will show up on Google and similar.

    > Does this make sense to anyone here?
    >
    > My thanks for any guidance.

    It means "go away and don't come back, don't try to sign up for new
    accounts with different names, you're not welcome here because you've
    been a Problem. Do not pass Go, do not collect $200."

    Also, this is not a security question, therefore it is off-topic for
    alt.computer.security, and you're itching for being added to lots of
    killfiles in newsreaders round the globe (as I'm I for replying to a
    question of yours, I'm sure).

    Best Regards,
    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/
    Todd H., Jun 9, 2009
  8. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <h0k1pi$mog$-september.org>,
    says...
    > Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful to
    > me, though, had you answered my question!
    >
    > FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
    > Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).

    What you're missing is that you were banned, and you don't have a
    "Right" to post on the board, it's a privilege only.

    Based on that simple understanding, and my impression of how you act
    here, I can completely understand you being banned and that makes your
    question worthless.

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2009
  9. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <h0k40u$8fi$-september.org>,
    says...
    > Thank you again for your comment, Leythos. Mr Eshelman follows a rather
    > strange philosophy, of which you were perhaps unaware, which allows him
    > to do as he wishes. I feel that I should be allowed the same priviledge!

    Son, you are always permitted to do anything you want, but there are
    repercussions for your actions. Since you have no rights to tell an
    owner/operator what to do with their site, if you don't follow their
    rules and restrictions, like them or not, you can be banned, it's that
    simple.

    So, you can either try and be a quality member of a community or be an
    outcast by your own actions - you've chosen to be an outcast and your
    comments in Usenet show good reason to cast you out.

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2009
  10. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <h0k34f$1qn$-september.org>,
    says...

    > Addendum:
    >
    > "Peter Foldes" <> wrote in message
    >
    > (Said in reply to my recent comment of - "I'm fairly sure that at some
    > point in the past I could click on the message 'identifier' (shown in
    > blue) and the full, original, message would appear in a new OE6 window.
    > That no longer happens - in fact, nothing happens at all!")
    >
    > > First step to having any IP flagged and then banned. That IP will then
    > > not have the capacity of the posting show up in the msnewsgroups but
    > > will show up on Google and similar.

    > Does this make sense to anyone here?

    Yes, it's makes a LOT of sense.

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2009
  11. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    > snip.
    > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant
    >
    > --
    > Dave
    > Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

    :))) Hahaha! But what if he's *not* being flippant?!!!!

    Have you, or your colleagues, by chance ever investigated the
    help/advice given on the www.aumha.net site, David, especially when such
    'help' involves downloading software onto one's machine?

    Are you able to assure me that *no* malpractice is occurring there?
    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jun 9, 2009
  12. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    Thanks for putting your neck on the line, Todd! :)

    My apologies for being off topic - I just happen to value the comments
    of some folk answering here rather than some respondingon the Microsoft
    groups.
    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jun 9, 2009
  13. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <h0k1pi$mog$-september.org>,
    > says...
    >> Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful
    >> me, though, had you answered my question!
    >>
    >> FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
    >> Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).
    >>

    > What you're missing is that you were banned, and you don't have a
    > "Right" to post on the board, it's a privilege only.

    That I DO understand. But I do *not* know what caused my expulsion from
    aumha - it seemed to be prompted by notifying the staff that I was using
    a corporate version of Symantec for protection.

    > Based on that simple understanding, and my impression of how you act
    > here, I can completely understand you being banned and that makes your
    > question worthless.

    My question was (supposed) to be about this:-

    "You are not able to hide your ID even if posted or changed with another
    IP unless you are using your own bonafide server along with Exchange
    (2K3&8,SBS,Exchange and similar)"

    Peter Foldes has told me this too. I cannot understand how anyone can
    'track' anyone else if an IP is changed and/or one's ISP changed - but I
    do recognise that changing username is pointless. How can/does using a
    server rather than a staight-forward computer alter things?
    --
    Dave
    ~BD~, Jun 9, 2009
  14. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <h0l755$eve$-september.org>,
    says...

    > "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > > In article <h0k1pi$mog$-september.org>,
    > > says...
    > >> Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful
    > >> me, though, had you answered my question!
    > >>
    > >> FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
    > >> Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).
    > >>

    > > What you're missing is that you were banned, and you don't have a
    > > "Right" to post on the board, it's a privilege only.

    > That I DO understand. But I do *not* know what caused my expulsion from
    > aumha - it seemed to be prompted by notifying the staff that I was using
    > a corporate version of Symantec for protection.

    Hardly, as the corporate versions of Symantec products are considered
    reliable. You were warned, I'm betting, and ignored the warning.

    [Snip]

    Leythos, Jun 9, 2009
  15. On Mon, 08 Jun 2009 18:19:27 -0500, Todd H. wrote:

    > Also, this is not a security question, therefore it is off-topic for
    > alt.computer.security, and you're itching for being added to lots of
    > killfiles in newsreaders round the globe (as I'm I for replying to a
    > question of yours, I'm sure).

    You can bet on it, Todd.
    --
    A fireside chat not with Ari!
    http://tr.im/holj
    ♥Ari♥, Jun 10, 2009
  16. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > If you will pardon my intrusion, I'll comment through your post
    > since I do not see the original (mercifully.)
    >
    > Perhaps BD might understand a simple analogy

    I have no problem with that Leonard, you're being very nice to BD, far
    niced than need be.

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2009
  17. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > If you will pardon my intrusion, I'll comment through your post
    > since I do not see the original (mercifully.)
    >
    > Perhaps BD might understand a simple analogy

    I have no problem with that Leonard, you're being very nice to BD, far
    nicer than need be.

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2009
  18. ~BD~

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > Also, I didn't think I was really that nice. I need to work on
    > that.

    Maybe I'll let you write some of my responses when I'm tired, so that
    they appear to be nicer than I would be :)

    Leythos, Jun 11, 2009
  19. ~BD~

    Scarlett Guest

    David H. Lipman wrote:
    > From: "~BD~" <>
    >

    >> "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    >>> In article <h0jh3e$u96$-september.org>,
    >>> says...

    >>> You should never post emails sent in private in Usenet without
    >>> permission of the other person. Based on what I've seen of your
    >>> posts I
    >>> can easily imagine you being banned from a lot of places.

    >> Thank you for your comment, Leythos. It would have been more helpful
    >> to me, though, had you answered my question!

    >> FYI - I have not been banned from "lots of places" - just Aumha and
    >> Annexcafe (as far as I am aware).

    >> This is an interesting disclaimer which may be found posted by Mr
    >> Eshelman on his web site:-

    >> FINAL NECESSARY LEGAL STUFF by James A. Eshelman: All information
    >> given in this forum, and on all other parts of the Windows Support
    >> Center Web site, is probably wrong. I cannot guarantee, and do not
    >> guarantee, that any information provided here will work on any
    >> computer system for any user at any time. All content is provided
    >> only for entertainment purposes. Worse yet, I sometimes make
    >> mistakes (that's life!), and it is possibly I made one or more of
    >> them here. All information herein is offered as-is and without
    >> warranty of any kind. You take your life in your own hands if you
    >> trust me on any of it. Bad things may happen to you, and you have
    >> only yourself to blame. Neither James Eshelman, this site, outside
    >> contributors to this site, people quoted on this site, nor my cat
    >> Ares is/are responsible for any loss, injury, or damage, direct or
    >> consequential, resulting from application of any information
    >> presented here.

    >> --
    >> Dave

    > http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant

    LOL that's like trying to explain satire to Kent.....anything posted he took
    as real....such as the invite to a fishing trip and someone mentioned
    bringing the cement blocks......after 12 years he still accuses us of making
    death threats.
    Scarlett, Jun 14, 2009
  20. ~BD~

    ~BD~ Guest

    See below

    "~BD~" <> wrote in message

    >> snip.
    >> http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flippant
    >>
    >> --
    >> Dave
    >> http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
    >> Multi-AV - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp
    >>

    > :))) Hahaha! But what if he's *not* being flippant?!!!!
    >
    > Have you, or your colleagues, by chance ever investigated the
    > help/advice given on the www.aumha.net site, David, especially when
    > such 'help' involves downloading software onto one's machine?
    >
    > Are you able to assure me that *no* malpractice is occurring there?

    I should be most grateful for a reponse, David H. Lipman.

    --
    Dave

    ~BD~, Jun 23, 2009