Is this combination valid

Discussion in 'MCAD' started by Mehmet, Apr 18, 2004.

  1. Mehmet

    Mehmet Guest

    Hi Guys

    Here is a quote from the book I am studying for 70-315
    exam regarding MCAD requirements :

    "The one you can count as an elective is the exam from
    the opposite technology and language from the exam that
    you counted as a core exam. For example if you take C# Web
    Applications exam (70-315) as a core exam, you can take
    the Visual Basic.NET Windows based Applications exam."

    But as I read the requirements in microsoft site that
    didnt sound correct. From what I understood from ms site
    is that , once you take a core exam, you can take the
    opposing technology exam without regard to the language.
    If you take 2 exams that are from same technology but in
    different languages only one credit will be counted. Is
    that correct?
    So will 70-315,70-320 and 70-316 (as an elective) be a
    valid combination to earn MCAD?
    Thanks

    Mehmet, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Mehmet

    John Guest

    "Mehmet" <> wrote in message

    > So will 70-315,70-320 and 70-316 (as an elective) be a
    > valid combination to earn MCAD?

    Yes.

    John, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Mehmet

    ebru Guest

    kesinlikle aldigin sinavlar tamamen dogrudur..
    ve good luck...

    ebru, Apr 19, 2004
  4. Mehmet

    Moily Guest

    Not quite. Valid MCAD exam combinations are :-

    One of:
    70-305 VB.NET Web Apps
    70-306 VB.NET Windows Apps
    70-315 C#.NET Web Apps
    70-316 C#.NET Windows Apps

    plus one of:
    70-229 Database Design/Implementation with SQL Server
    2000
    70-230 Solution Design/Implementation of BizTalk Server
    2000
    70-234 Solution Design/Implementation of Commerce Server
    2000

    and finally one of:
    70-310 VB.NET XML Web Services and Components
    70-320 C#.NET XML Web Services and Components

    See here for more details:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcad/requirements.as

    Microsoft do let you cross streams with regards to C#.NET
    and VB.NET though, so you could theoretically do 70-305
    and 70-320, but why would you want to ?

    Moily, Apr 20, 2004
  5. Mehmet

    |{evin Guest

    On Tue, 20 Apr 2004 05:29:08 -0700, "Moily"
    <> wrote:

> [...]

    Interesting... so you're telling me the card I have that says MCAD is
    invalid because I took 315, 316, and 320?

    |{evin, Apr 21, 2004
  6. Mehmet

    vagpap Guest

    vagpap, Apr 21, 2004
  7. Mehmet

    Moily Guest

    Apologies, you are of course right! Didn't notice the
    smallprint at the bottom of that page:

    "If you use Exam 70-305 or 70-315 to satisfy the core
    exam requirement, you may use either Exam 70-306 or 70-
    316 as an elective.

    If you use Exam 70-306 or 70-316 to satisfy the core exam
    requirement, you may use either Exam 70-305 or 70-315 as
    an elective."

    Moily, Apr 22, 2004