    (getting my A+ this week) I thought about going for this, but wouldn't it be
    better to get an MCP on WinXP and go straight for the MCSA rather than bother
    with this? Maybe it's just not in high demand here, is all.

    wayne62682, Sep 6, 2004

  2. wayne62682

    The Geek Guest

    The biggest problem with MCDST (and MCSA for that matter) is that employers
    don't recognize them. They figure that an MCSE already has all the "lesser
    certifications". Sometimes then the HR department calls you for that first
    interview, you have to prove to them that a MCDST or an MCSA can handle the
    task they have advertised for. And since you're new to the IT field, here's
    a bit of advice:

    Don't get discouraged. You're going to get a lot of doors slammed on your
    face. Plus a lot of the ad's I see now are wanting AT LEAST an associate
    degree to even be considered for the position.

    "wayne62682" <> wrote in message
    > I know the whole thing about the more certification the better, but

    seriously

    The Geek, Sep 6, 2004