    To delete click here.
    Is this a virus or something or is it legimate ?
    Thanks for any info.

    J C Ames, Nov 29, 2005

  2. J C Ames

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 16:02:22 -0600, J C Ames <>
    wrote:

    >I am currently using firefox 107 but am haveig more problems with
    >popups than I can handle so was going to try IE but when I clicked on
    >the icon a blue screen came up saying
    >Detected spyware system #384
    >Your computer ius full of evidence and gave a whole strings of stuff
    >that the comp held.
    >Next came
    >To protect your computer click here
    >To prevent click here
    >To delete click here.
    >Is this a virus or something or is it legimate ?
    >Thanks for any info.

    Sounds like a browser hijack or spyware. Do you have a Antivirus
    program? A Anti-spyware program?

    Evan Platt, Nov 29, 2005

  3. J C Ames

    Ron Martell Guest

    J C Ames <> wrote:

    >I am currently using firefox 107 but am haveig more problems with
    >popups than I can handle so was going to try IE but when I clicked on
    >the icon a blue screen came up saying
    >Detected spyware system #384
    >Your computer ius full of evidence and gave a whole strings of stuff
    >that the comp held.
    >Next came
    >To protect your computer click here
    >To prevent click here
    >To delete click here.
    >Is this a virus or something or is it legimate ?
    >Thanks for any info.

    It is a trap, trying to lure you into downloading some spyware laden
    app that masquerades as a genuine product. WinFixer is probably the
    most common of these rogue popups at present but there are a great
    many others.

    Good luck

    Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
    --
    Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
    On-Line Help Computer Service

    Ron Martell, Nov 29, 2005
  4. J C Ames

    f1nger Guest

    Here are some ideas.

    Check out BHOmon.exe and Adaware and run them on your PC. BHO looks for
    Browser Hijack Objects and you can disable them with it or check on the net
    on how to remove the actual hijack identified.

    Adaware will show up all those spyware items and bad cookies.

    What you saw was generated through a site you visited.

    Also - consider going back to IE and use Google Toolbar with the pop up
    blocker unless someone knows of a pop up blocker (free) that does it with
    firefox (maybe check out the plug ins to see)

    Seems these days nothing is completely free of some kind of cookie or
    spy-type of activity but if its benign its better than if its trying to get
    you to load something worse...

    f1nger, Nov 30, 2005