    the possible job positions and salary in Uzbekistan later on?

    Thank you very much in advance.

    Alisher

    Alisher Sadikov, Oct 13, 2005

  2. Alisher Sadikov

    T-Bone Guest

    "Alisher Sadikov" <Alisher > wrote
    > I am a student from Uzbekistan and am considering to attend to Microsoft
    > Certified Systems Administrator courses. However, those courses can hit me
    > hard in the wallet and that is why I am not sure whether it is gonna be a
    > successful investment.

    Greetings! Depending on your learning style, you might be better off reading
    the books and studying on your own. Instead of paying for courses, use the
    money to set up your own home lab. This way isn' the best for everyone, but
    its worth considering.

    > And I intend to spend this coming summer in the
    > USA. My question is, is it possible to find a normal job for 3 months in

    the
    > USA, I mean will the employers be ready to accept me?

    Do you mean you are staying for three months (and then going home), or you
    will need to find a job within three months? If you are only looking for
    temporary work, there are choices available, but none of them pay very much.

    > Also, what are my
    > chances with Microsoft Certificates, I mean, am I gonna be underestimated

    in
    > comparison with bachelors and to what extent?

    If you don't have any experience, a university degree would probably stand
    out more than a certification. Best thing to do is do whatever you can to
    get experience first. Even if its volunteer work.

    > Finally, how do you evaluate
    > the possible job positions and salary in Uzbekistan later on?

    Sorry, can't help you there. I know sometimes the goverment offers
    information on employment and average wages. Best thing to do might be to
    ask around now, see what's available and what experience they are looking
    for.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL

    T-Bone, Oct 13, 2005

  3. Dear T-Bone,

    thanks very much indeed for your valuable response. I also consider studying
    on my own a good alternative. I believe, this is exactly my learning style.
    However, if I study on my own, I still have to pay for the exams, in order to
    get certificates, or do you think I can do well without certificates? I still
    think, probably not, cause there is a huge difference while looking for a job
    whether you have Microsoft Certificates or not, is that right? Additionally,
    they usually offer substantial discounts for exams for those who have
    attended to courses... I am really puzzled.

    Thanks again,
    Alisher Sadikov

    Alisher Sadikov, Oct 20, 2005
  4. Alisher Sadikov

    T-Bone Guest

    "Alisher Sadikov" <> wrote
    > However, if I study on my own, I still have to pay for the exams, in order

    > get certificates, or do you think I can do well without certificates?

    Many employers consider certification a requirement for the job (even if the
    certification is not directly related). Once that is out of the way, it
    experience that counts.

    > Additionally,
    > they usually offer substantial discounts for exams for those who have
    > attended to courses... I am really puzzled.

    You mean "they" as in the training centre? I could see htat. If you spend a
    whole lot of money taking their courses, then they'll give you a break on
    the test. Again, it comes down to your preference and if you want to spend a
    lot of money on training and still have no experience.

    I would check witht he companies you are interested in working for and see
    what kind of requirements they have.
    --
    T-Bone
    MCNGP XL