    every recipient if finds in there. Of so, is there any way for me to
    examine the source code in this thing without activating it?

    I'm running XP-Pro and Outlook.
    John Schutkeker, Jun 10, 2005

  2. John Schutkeker

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 07:00:00 GMT, John Schutkeker <> wrote:

    >Somebody I don't know sent me an e-mail message with an .msg file attached.
    >Can a file with that extension open my address book and send itself to
    >every recipient if finds in there. Of so, is there any way for me to
    >examine the source code in this thing without activating it?

    Use notepad or another text editor.

    >I'm running XP-Pro and Outlook.

    Barry
    =====
    Home page
    http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og
    Barry OGrady, Jun 10, 2005

  3. John Schutkeker

    Ingeborg Guest

    John Schutkeker <> wrote in

    > Somebody I don't know sent me an e-mail message with an .msg file
    > attached. Can a file with that extension open my address book and
    > send itself to every recipient if finds in there.

    Maybe. It's an email, and can contain scripts. I don't know if Outlook will
    run that script.

    > Of so, is there any
    > way for me to examine the source code in this thing without activating
    > it?

    Open it with notepad.
    Ingeborg, Jun 10, 2005
  4. John Schutkeker

    WormWood Guest

    Rt click on the email header, Properties / Details / Message Source. Now
    you can examine the source code of any attachment without having to
    first open it, thus you avoid activating any virus it may contain.

    WormWood, Jun 10, 2005
  5. John Schutkeker wrote:

    > Somebody I don't know sent me an e-mail message with an .msg file attached.

    Lots of people seem to be allergic to MSG. Did that email originate at
    a Chinese restaurant, by any chance? If so, I wouldn't eat it.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 10, 2005
  6. John Schutkeker

    Rick Merrill Guest

    John Schutkeker wrote:

    > Somebody I don't know sent me an e-mail message with an .msg file attached.

    Don't open it until you are willing to take a risk!

    > Can a file with that extension open my address book and send itself to
    > every recipient if finds in there.

    Sometimes.

    > Of so, is there any way for me to
    > examine the source code in this thing without activating it?

    Save to disk and open with Notepad (as others have suggested).

    Rick Merrill, Jun 10, 2005
  7. I right clicked on the email header, but there was no Properties command.
    Does that exist under Outlook 2000?

    John Schutkeker, Jun 13, 2005
  8. What is this, Mad Magazine?

    Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    John Schutkeker, Jun 13, 2005
  9. John Schutkeker wrote:

    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> John Schutkeker wrote:

    >>> Somebody I don't know sent me an e-mail message with an .msg file
    >>> attached.

    >> Lots of people seem to be allergic to MSG. Did that email originate
    >> at a Chinese restaurant, by any chance? If so, I wouldn't eat it.

    > What is this, Mad Magazine?

    As for me, I'm posting from Potrzebie.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 13, 2005
  10. Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Lots of people seem to be allergic to MSG. Did that email originate
    >>> at a Chinese restaurant, by any chance? If so, I wouldn't eat it.

    >> What is this, Mad Magazine?

    > As for me, I'm posting from Potrzebie.

    Greeps, Kaplootie.
    John Schutkeker, Jun 16, 2005
  11. John Schutkeker wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> What is this, Mad Magazine?

    >> As for me, I'm posting from Potrzebie.

    > Greeps, Kaplootie.

    See sig:

    --
    -... -.-- .--. .-. --- .... .. .- ...
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 16, 2005
  12. John Schutkeker

    Scraggy Guest

    Blinky the Shark wrote:
    > John Schutkeker wrote:
    >> Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> As for me, I'm posting from Potrzebie.

    >> Greeps, Kaplootie.

    > See sig:

    v Why start with an "M"? ;-)
    --
    -... -
    Scraggy, Jun 16, 2005
  13. Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >> Greeps, Kaplootie.

    > See sig:
    >
    > --
    > -... -.-- .--. .-. --- .... .. .- ...

    Is that morse or binary?
    John Schutkeker, Jun 16, 2005
  14. John Schutkeker

    Mike Easter Guest

    John Schutkeker wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in
    >
    >>> Greeps, Kaplootie.

    >> See sig:
    >>
    >> --
    >> -... -.-- .--. .-. --- .... .. .- ...
    >>

    > Is that morse or binary?

    See Spy vs Spy, altho' he's retired, Antonio Prohias's morse sig is
    still bannered by the current artist.

    --
    Mike Easter
    Mike Easter, Jun 16, 2005
  15. John Schutkeker

    Guest

    --
    *..· ´¨¨)) -:¦:-
    ¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
  16. John Schutkeker wrote:
    > Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> Greeps, Kaplootie.

    >> See sig:

    >> --
    >> -... -.-- .--. .-. --- .... .. .- ...

    > Is that morse or binary?

    I thouht you were a Mad buff. :)

    --
    Blinky
    International Thank Your Developers Week - June 20-27, 2005
    Blinky the Shark, Jun 17, 2005
  17. Blinky the Shark <> wrote in

    >>> --
    >>> -... -.-- .--. .-. --- .... .. .- ...

    >> Is that morse or binary?

    > I thouht you were a Mad buff. :)

    I'm an EC collector.
    John Schutkeker, Jun 17, 2005
  18. wrote in news:m904b19t9u470q9u4i43ku59cn9m47losn@
    4ax.com:

    > --
    > *..ú ïùù)) -:Ý:-
    > ÷.úï .úïùù))
    > ((÷÷.úï .úï -:Ý:-
    > -:Ý:- ((÷÷.úï*

    Did you do that by hand?
    John Schutkeker, Jun 17, 2005
  19. John Schutkeker

    Gary Guest

    It might be Morse but it makes no sense:
    BY PROHIAS

    Gary, Jun 17, 2005
  20. John Schutkeker

    Guest

    On John Schutkeker <> wrote:

    |> wrote in news:m904b19t9u470q9u4i43ku59cn9m47losn@
    |>4ax.com:
    |>
    |>> --
    |>> *..ú ïùù)) -:Ý:-
    |>> ÷.úï .úïùù))
    |>>

    |>Did you do that by hand?

    I had it on hand, I don't get to use them that often anymore. You
    never know what font someone is using, better when everyone used
    terminal :)

    --
    o _ _ _