    it.

    Thanks for your help,
    Joe Ponkey
    chaser, Apr 24, 2007

  2. chaser

    Charles Guest

    Charles, Apr 24, 2007

  3. chaser

    Warren Block Guest

    chaser <> wrote:
    > I too am noob. Based on what I've gleaned from other recent posts, I'm
    > having second thoughts about taking this ad seriously.
    >
    > http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-XTi-XT-i-SLR-Camera-3Lens-
    > 1GB_W0QQitemZ290107956270QQihZ019QQcategoryZ147173QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebay
    > photohosting

    Note the description: Manufacturer Warranty: --

    "Barclays Photo" has several other names. resellerratings.com shows
    them rated as a perfect 0.00 out of 10.0.

    Warren Block, Apr 25, 2007
  4. chaser

    JP Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in

    > "chaser" <> wrote in message
    >>I too am noob. Based on what I've gleaned from other recent posts, I'm
    >> having second thoughts about taking this ad seriously.
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-XTi-XT-i-SLR-Camera-3Lens-

    > "Page not responding" is all I can get.

    I don't know if this is proper or not. I'm sure if not then someone will
    let me know. This is cut and pasted from the ad.

    Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi SLR Camera US $847.00

    Supplied Accessories:
    NB-2LH Battery Pack
    Battery Charger
    Power Cord for Battery Charger
    USB Interface Cable
    Video Cable
    Neck Strap
    Viewfinder & Body Caps
    EOS Digital Solutions v.13.0 CD-ROM:
    EOS Utility
    ZoomBrowser EX
    ImageBrowser
    PhotoStitch
    Digital Photo Professional
    Instruction Manual CD-ROM (PDF version)
    User Guides

    Bonus Package:
    Tamron 28-80mm f/3.5-5.6 Autofocus Lens
    Tamron 75-300mm F/4-5.6 LD Macro Autofocus Lens
    0.45x Wide Angle Converter Lens
    1GB Compact Flash Memory Card
    Full Size Tripod
    Black Stylish Camera & Accessory Case
    Lens and LCD Screen Cleaning Kit
    Table-Top Tripod

    an image of the package
    http://barclaysphoto.com/mmBARCLAYSPHOTO/Images/30200_BP.jpg

    Thanks again,
    JP
    JP, Apr 25, 2007
  5. chaser

    dwight Guest

    "Charles" <> wrote in message

    > "chaser" <> wrote in message
    >>I too am noob. Based on what I've gleaned from other recent posts, I'm
    >> having second thoughts about taking this ad seriously.
    >>
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-XTi-XT-i-SLR-Camera-3Lens-

    > "Page not responding" is all I can get.

    That's because you cut off the link.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digit...yZ147173QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

    As a "complete package", it would be VERY tempting at that price. You'd have
    to take a careful look at the "extras" that this package includes, and
    decide whether you want the Tamron lenses, tripod, etc.

    Personally, I'm a component guy, as opposed to rack system.

    Hey, Joe - I came to the Rebel XT from the S1 IS. If you DO step up, you're
    going to enjoy the hell out of it. But be prepared to start lusting after
    lenses...

    dwight
    dwight, Apr 25, 2007
  6. Jürgen Exner, Apr 25, 2007
  7. chaser

    JP Guest

    "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in

    > dwight wrote:
    >> That's because you cut off the link.
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digital-Rebel-XTi-XT-i-SLR-Camera-3Lens-
    >> 1GB_W0QQitemZ290107956270QQihZ019QQcategoryZ147173QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    >> #ebayphotohosting
    >>
    >> As a "complete package", it would be VERY tempting at that price.

    > I strongly suggest to see
    > http://www.resellerratings.com/store/BarclaysPhoto and read the recent
    > thread "Re: How the Brooklyn scumbags make money" in RPD.SLR-system
    > before buying from that company. You have been warned!
    >
    > jue

    Thank you for this resource. I am looking around with a sceptical eye

    JP
    JP, Apr 25, 2007
  8. chaser

    dwight Guest

    "Jürgen Exner" <> wrote in message
    > dwight wrote:
    >> That's because you cut off the link.
    >> http://cgi.ebay.com/Canon-EOS-Digit...yZ147173QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
    >>
    >> As a "complete package", it would be VERY tempting at that price.

    > I strongly suggest to see
    > http://www.resellerratings.com/store/BarclaysPhoto and read the recent
    > thread "Re: How the Brooklyn scumbags make money" in RPD.SLR-system before
    > buying from that company. You have been warned!
    >
    > jue

    Thanks. I did not mean to in any endorse the seller here.

    dwight
    dwight, Apr 25, 2007