    All used but in mint condition and the whole package for $700

    any thoughts...

    thx

    Michael Eisenberg, Jul 20, 2005

  2. Michael Eisenberg

    BD Guest

    I just bought the 300D kit from a retailer, which included all of what
    your package contains except the 55-200 lens, the remotes, and the
    media. It was roughly the same cost as your package's cost.

    The remotes are a pittance ($20 apiece). Media's getting cheaper by the
    day. The lens is where you'd be saving good bucks.

    I'd say that if that 55-200 lens is decent, it's a fair deal. However,
    you should factor in the absence of a warranty, and what that's worth
    to you.

    Myself, I would likely find the 55-200 lens annoying without image
    stabilization. But that's just me - YMMV.

    BD

    BD, Jul 20, 2005

  3. On 20 Jul 2005 15:15:04 -0700, "BD" <> wrote:

    >I just bought the 300D kit from a retailer, which included all of what
    >your package contains except the 55-200 lens, the remotes, and the
    >media. It was roughly the same cost as your package's cost.
    >
    >The remotes are a pittance ($20 apiece). Media's getting cheaper by the
    >day. The lens is where you'd be saving good bucks.
    >
    >I'd say that if that 55-200 lens is decent, it's a fair deal. However,
    >you should factor in the absence of a warranty, and what that's worth
    >to you.
    >
    >Myself, I would likely find the 55-200 lens annoying without image
    >stabilization. But that's just me - YMMV.
    >
    >BD

    Thx BD...appreciate your input

    best

    Michael Eisenberg, Jul 20, 2005
  4. Michael Eisenberg

    CFB Guest

    In article <>,
    (Michael Eisenberg) wrote:

    > Canon EOS Digital Rebel 6.3MegaPixel SLR (300D)
    > EF-S 18-55 f/3.5-5.6 Lens
    > EF 55-200 f/4.5-5.6 Lens
    > RS60-E3 Wired Shutter Release
    > RC-5 Wireless Shutter Release
    > BP-511 Lithium Ion Battery and Charger
    > Transcend 1GB 45x Compact Flash Memory Card
    >
    > All used but in mint condition and the whole package for $700
    >
    > any thoughts...
    >
    > thx

    Wow. A lot of people have been making it easy to post my camera for
    sale. :^) I guess you can use it as an example and not take this as an
    attempt for me to sell my stuff. Honest.

    Look at my link below.

    http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/canon300d.html

    My lenses are better. But being that the D300 goes for $700 new, with
    the lenses included it's a good deal if you are not a serious
    photographer.

    Good luck!

    --

    http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/

    CFB, Jul 20, 2005
  5. Michael Eisenberg

    BD Guest

    Christian:

    I did email you about your 75-300 lens - did you reply?

    BD, Jul 20, 2005
  6. Michael Eisenberg

    CFB Guest

    In article <>,
    "BD" <> wrote:

    > Christian:
    >
    > I did email you about your 75-300 lens - did you reply?

    Yeah I did. I have decided to sell it all as a package first. Sorry for
    pulling the rug out from under you.

    --

    http://home.nc.rr.com/christianbonanno/

    CFB, Jul 21, 2005
  7. Michael Eisenberg

    BD Guest

    No sweat. I figure that with how much these things generally retain
    their value, I should just buy retail and get the warranty with it.

    BD, Jul 21, 2005