    Keyboard/Mouse
    56K Modem

    Should I?
    Bradley Hayward, Oct 17, 2004

  2. Bradley Hayward

    Thagor Guest

    Bradley Hayward <> wrote in
    news:6kAcd.10215$:

    > Many questions, I know. Please forgive me...but is this a good deal?
    > Like I said, I don't know much. I can buy the desktop described below
    > for $550.
    >
    > COMPAQ DESKTOP
    > Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+
    > Speed: 2.167 GHz
    > Bus: 333MHz
    > Memory: 512MB
    > Hard Drive: 160GB
    > CD/DVD writer
    > 48X CD-ROM
    > 3.15 Floppy drive
    > 7 USB ports
    > 9 in 1 media card reader
    > Miscrosoft XP Home Edition
    > Other software included
    > Keyboard/Mouse
    > 56K Modem
    >
    > Should I?
    >
    > Attachment decoded: untitled-2.txt
    > --------------000004040406010306050503
    > <head>
    > http-equiv="Content-Type"> <title></title>
    > </head>
    > Many questions, I know.&nbsp; Please forgive me...but is this a good
    > deal?&nbsp; Like I said, I don't know much.&nbsp; I can buy the
    > desktop described below for $550.<br>
    > Processor: AMD Athlon XP 3000+<br>
    > Speed: 2.167 GHz<br>
    > Bus: 333MHz<br>
    > Memory: 512MB<br>
    > Hard Drive: 160GB<br>
    > CD/DVD writer<br>
    > 48X CD-ROM<br>
    > 3.15 Floppy drive<br>
    > 7 USB ports<br>
    > 9 in 1 media card reader<br>
    > Miscrosoft XP Home Edition<br>
    > Other software included<br>
    > Keyboard/Mouse<br>
    > 56K Modem<br>
    > Should I?<br>
    >
    > Attachment decoded: untitled-3.htm
    > --------------000004040406010306050503--

    Is this new or used?

    If new, I'd say it's about right give or take a few dollars.

    If used or refurbished, run from it.
    Thagor, Oct 17, 2004

  3. Yes, it is refurbished. That's all my brother buys and he's never had a
    problem. I'd love to buy brand new, but when I put all the same amount
    of memory, drives, features, etc., this computer comes out to around
    $800. If you know where I could get all (or most) of what I listed for
    $550, I'd really appreciate it.

    Bradley Hayward, Oct 18, 2004