Is this a good deal? (Panasonic FZ5 / Ebay Question)

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by badsushi, Apr 15, 2005.

  1. badsushi

    badsushi Guest

    Hi guys,

    I'm still new to this internet stuff so please don't flame if I ask a
    really dumb question. I to am looking for a new digicam, preferably the
    Panasonic FZ5, and I stumbled across this on ebay.

    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=30019&item=7508373931&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

    >From what I've seen this seems like a really nice deal but I'm also

    leary about using ebay since I never purchased anything on there. Is
    ebay safe to use? How do I know I won't get ripped off? Sorry about the
    stupid questions. I hear about people getting ripped off and having
    their identity stolen. Guess I'm paranoid :(

    I appreciate any tips also let me know if this ebay auction is too good
    to be true.

    thanks!
    badsushi, Apr 15, 2005

  2. badsushi

    paul Guest

    If it is a good deal, it will probably bid up very close to new price.

    paul, Apr 15, 2005

  3. badsushi

    howard Guest

    if you go for it.............MAKE SURE YOU FUND YOUR PAYMENT WITH A
    CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    that should give you about 25 days to do a charge back should you get
    scammed by the seller!

    Not saying you will, but just adding a little insurance on your side of the
    purchase.

    howard, Apr 15, 2005
  4. badsushi

    P.R.Brady Guest

    howard wrote:
    > if you go for it.............MAKE SURE YOU FUND YOUR PAYMENT WITH A
    > CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >
    > that should give you about 25 days to do a charge back should you get
    > scammed by the seller!
    >
    > Not saying you will, but just adding a little insurance on your side of the
    > purchase.

    1. Check seller's history - click on the link.
    2. If you do register, ignore all those scam spam messages you will get
    inviting you to 'update your details' with Ebay or Paypal (or your bank,
    etc).

    Phil
    P.R.Brady, Apr 15, 2005
  5. badsushi

    badsushi Guest

    I think I'm going to go for it. His feedback looks good. Plus I think
    thats a helluva deal for that camera.
    badsushi, Apr 15, 2005
  6. badsushi

    badsushi Guest

    badsushi, Apr 15, 2005
  7. badsushi

    badsushi Guest

    any other places I can find the FZ5?
    badsushi, Apr 16, 2005
  8. badsushi

    badsushi Guest

    what does "paypal verified" mean? I guess this must be a good thing
    right?
    badsushi, Apr 17, 2005