    Thanks in advance

    LEESA (I)

    http://www.walmart.com/eMachines-EL1300G-02W-Desktop-LCD/ip/11007926
    LEESA, Oct 27, 2009

  2. LEESA

    Guest

    LEESA <> wrote:

    >Hi... Believe it or not, I'm currently using (and have been) a DELL
    >XPS-T-450 PIII with only 128MB of RAM on a dial-up connection. Yes,
    >there are still a few of us with dial-up.
    >
    >I see that the local WalMart has a special. It is an Emachine bundle
    >including a monitor for $300. See link below.
    >
    >Is this a good deal? Can this PC be upgraded fairly easily if I ever
    >wanted to? I basically just surf the internet, edit some pictures and
    >play a few "basic" games so I don't need a high-powered unit.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >LEESA (I)
    >
    >http://www.walmart.com/eMachines-EL1300G-02W-Desktop-LCD/ip/11007926

    www.walmart.com/eMachines-EL1300G-02W-Desktop-LCD/ip/11007926#Specifications
    It doesn't mention the motherboard, nor slots.

    It's half the speed of the other single chips, but it does have a
    small 512 L2 cache (bigger the better, 512 is ok). But the graphics
    card (GeForce 6150SE) is close to worthless. and (56K ITU V.92 ready
    Fax/Modem (RJ-11 port) you'd still be using a modem - no ether net
    capability (see below) you can purchase network cards very cheap but
    need a PCI slot. a network card:
    http://www.macsense.com/images/product/FE-551.jpg (while for a Mac
    they are all the same).

    To see if it's upgradeable:
    Open it up, don't be shy, take a cross tip screw driver with you if
    need be. loosen two large screws (manual), or remove the two needing
    a screw driver - then the side slides off backwards.

    Make sure it's got at least two empty PCI slots.
    And if you expect to ever upgrade the video card for gaming, make
    sure it has at least one PCIe X16 slot.
    http://tinyurl.com/5l32sm

    Notice the long plastic tab at the end, it's a locking device for the
    video card and a fast way to identify the PCIe x16 slot.

    A PCIe X1 normally comes along for the ride if a PCIe X16 slot is
    included.

    Otherwise you get what you got. at $300 that's a basic system and a
    PCI slot is an added cost, and a PCIe slot I wouldn't expect.

    But to upgrade - you need those items, and a power supply which are
    standard, and a almost any new one will fit (so no need to worry about
    the power supply at this time).
    --

    You've got three months to grab what you need.
    http://torrentfreak.com/the-pirate-bay-ordered-to-delete-torrents-091022/

  3. In message <>, Rôgêr wrote:
    > §nühw¤£f wrote:
    > > Rôgêr <> pinched out a steaming pile of

    > >> According the eMachine site it comes with an ethernet port. At least
    > >> it's not one of those "slim" case designs, they're very difficult to
    > >> upgrade.
    > >>
    > >> http://www.emachines.com/products/products.html?prod=EL1300G-02w
    > >>

    > > So its "troll approved"?
    > > Excellent...

    > I've been posting to this group for about 10 years now, you are the only
    > dim-witted little twit to accuse me of being a troll. In what way am I
    > trolling, dipshit?

    BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

    <falls outta chair laughing>

    YHBT

    Proof of Americas 3rd world status:
    http://www.ramusa.org/
    Cash for *who*?
    http://www.pavlovianobeisance.com/
    §ñühw¤£f, Oct 28, 2009
  4. LEESA

    chuckcar Guest

    LEESA <> wrote in

    > Hi... Believe it or not, I'm currently using (and have been) a DELL
    > XPS-T-450 PIII with only 128MB of RAM on a dial-up connection. Yes,
    > there are still a few of us with dial-up.
    >
    > I see that the local WalMart has a special. It is an Emachine bundle
    > including a monitor for $300. See link below.
    >
    > Is this a good deal? Can this PC be upgraded fairly easily if I ever
    > wanted to? I basically just surf the internet, edit some pictures and
    > play a few "basic" games so I don't need a high-powered unit.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > LEESA (I)
    >
    > http://www.walmart.com/eMachines-EL1300G-02W-Desktop-LCD/ip/11007926

    Buying the cheapest the computer you can find (at *Walmart* no less) is
    *never* a good idea. Your computer will work on highspeed fine. Your
    computer is about twice what is required for a 50KB/s or faster
    connection.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )
    chuckcar, Oct 28, 2009