    support?
    is it easy to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit (vista)?
    thank you.

    ×ייל, Jul 17, 2008

  2. ×ייל

    Jane C Guest

    "×ייל" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:...
    > On the compare vista versions, there is information about home, premium,
    > ultimate and buisness versions. no information about 64 bit.
    > the tool of vista advisor not saing anything about 64 bit compatibillity,
    > nor about language support for the languages installed on my computer.
    > the bottom line is : Is there vista 64-bit for Hebrew users ? or with
    > hebrew
    > support?
    > is it easy to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit (vista)?
    > thank you.

    Vista is available in Hebrew. All Editions are available in 64 bit.
    Ultimate Edition will come with 2 DVDs in the retail box, 32 bit and 64 bit.
    Other Editions come with just the 32 bit DVD, but there is an information
    card in the box with details on ordering the 64 bit DVD for a nominal
    postage fee.

    The Windows Vista Advisor only works on a 32 bit install of XP or Vista. It
    is only a guide, and is not essential. Your best bet is to visit the
    websites of all of your hardware manufacturers to see if they have Vista
    drivers (including Vista 64 bit drivers), and to check with your software
    companies for any known compatibility issues.

    There is no upgrade path from a 32 bit system to a 64 bit one. 64 bit is
    clean (custom) install only. You would have to save all of your
    data/documents to external media first.
    --
    Jane, not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    MVP - Windows Desktop Experience

    Jane C, Jul 17, 2008

  3. "×ייל" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > On the compare vista versions, there is information about home, premium,
    > ultimate and buisness versions. no information about 64 bit.
    > the tool of vista advisor not saing anything about 64 bit compatibillity,
    > nor about language support for the languages installed on my computer.
    > the bottom line is : Is there vista 64-bit for Hebrew users ? or with
    > hebrew
    > support?
    > is it easy to upgrade from 32 bit to 64 bit (vista)?
    > thank you.

    The Vista Upgrade Advisor does not run in 64bit. Simply put, there are no
    previous versions of 32 bit Windows that are upgradeable to Vista x64
    without a clean install. There is an XP Pro x64 but upgrade to Vista x64
    also requires a clean install. Running the Upgrade Advisor in 32bit Windows
    only gives valid info for 32bit Vista so it is useless for judging an
    upgrade to Vista x64.

    For upgrading to 32bit Vista see the Vista Upgrade Matrix at
    http://www.microsoft.com/uk/windows/products/windowsvista/buyorupgrade/upgradepaths.mspx
    The green dots indicate where you can upgrade without having to reinstall
    your appls. The yellow dots indicate where a custom install is required
    (you will have to reinstall your apps). The green dots are not supported in
    all languages.

    All upgrades to 64bit Vista from 32bit Windows are custom installs.

    The information for Vista x64 is the same as for Vista x86. Both Vista
    Ultimate x86 and x64 entitle you to language packs, including Hebrew.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jul 17, 2008