    I can think of at least one extremely important use: against felony
    battery. If you are physically assaulted, then such a camera could
    save the felon's picture even after he destroyed the camera.

    Scott H, Feb 1, 2008

  2. Scott H

    Marvin Guest

    Re: Is there such a thing as a camera that stores its photographsin remote storage chips by remote signalling at the moment of snapshot?

    Scott H wrote:
    > The idea I have is this: if digital cellphones can send messages to
    > each other, why couldn't a camera send messages to a remote storage
    > chip--say, located in your house--at the moment a picture is taken?
    >
    > I can think of at least one extremely important use: against felony
    > battery. If you are physically assaulted, then such a camera could
    > save the felon's picture even after he destroyed the camera.

    I think there are a few that can send a photo by e-mail when
    you have an internet connection. Phones with cameras can do
    it wherever the phone is connected.

    Marvin, Feb 1, 2008

  3. Scott H

    Paul Furman Guest

    Scott H wrote:
    > The idea I have is this: if digital cellphones can send messages to
    > each other, why couldn't a camera send messages to a remote storage
    > chip--say, located in your house--at the moment a picture is taken?

    Yes Sports photographers use something like this where one guy can sit &
    review three photographers shots as they work and send them off direct
    to the news agency. It's not super compact though & probably only good
    for a few hundred feet distance, not sure exactly.

    Paul Furman, Feb 1, 2008
  4. Re: Is there such a thing as a camera that stores its photographs in remote storage chips by remote signalling at the moment of snapshot?

    Scott H <> wrote:
    >The idea I have is this: if digital cellphones can send messages to
    >each other, why couldn't a camera send messages to a remote storage
    >chip--say, located in your house--at the moment a picture is taken?

    Some cameras support WiFi connections.

    jue

    Jürgen Exner, Feb 1, 2008
  5. Scott H

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Scott H wrote:
    > The idea I have is this: if digital cellphones can send messages to
    > each other, why couldn't a camera send messages to a remote storage
    > chip--say, located in your house--at the moment a picture is taken?
    >
    > I can think of at least one extremely important use: against felony
    > battery. If you are physically assaulted, then such a camera could
    > save the felon's picture even after he destroyed the camera.

    The iPhone with Wi-Fi can send pictures to your computer, or to a
    networked HD.

    Ron Hunter, Feb 1, 2008