Is there such a device?

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Peter F, Mar 25, 2009.

  1. Peter F

    Peter F Guest

    i All,

    I was hoping for some help/guidance on a problem we have at one of our
    satelite sites. We have a large screen array - it is currently fed by a UAD
    which has three 4 port graphics cards installed to provide 12 video inputs -
    we have proposed a solution using a Dexon video controller which does provide
    the functionality but the Users still want to be able to provide 12 video
    inputs - we don't have any system currently that can drive the equivalent.
    The proposition was to have multiple UADs fitted with a 4 port card - but the
    users didn't like to have to switch between the systems through a KVM.

    I still think that this is one of the options but the main problem they have
    is when they are carrying out a demo on the board they don't want to be
    switching during the presentation - so we have a piece of work that is
    currently looking at options to aid their working practices.

    This is where I need the help - my thoughts are that for a majority of the
    time during a demo a mouse can be used. Is there such a product available to
    provide a wireless mouse which would allow users to switch between systems.
    By that I am thinking that the wireless mouse may have channel button
    allowing to switch between receivers connected to different computers - hope
    this makes sense.
    --
    Flinty
    Peter F, Mar 25, 2009

  2. Peter F

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    Get few sets of Wireless Mice sets, connect each one to a system, mark each
    one with a clear big number, and put them one next to the other each one on
    its own pad.
    It would take the same time to move the hand from one to the other as
    choosing pressing a sequence on a small switch.
    Otherwise look at computer equipment meant for the TV and Movie industry.
    They might have a gizmo like this (and it probably going to be very
    expensive).
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Mar 25, 2009

  3. Peter F

    Peter F Guest

    Hi Jack,

    thanks very much for your reply.

    We have 12 different screens superemposed on 1 big screen. These screens are
    linked back to 3 PC's with one 4 port video card installed on each.

    Is there a wireless mouse that would be able to control the 12 screens?

    Thanks for you help.
    --
    Flinty

    Peter F, Mar 26, 2009
  4. Peter F

    Jack-MVP Guest

    Hi
    I never came across one in the regular computer related market.
    You should try through routes like this,
    http://www.millenniumfilm.org/rental.html
    Jack (MS, MVP-Networking)

    Jack-MVP, Mar 26, 2009