    Google is your Friend
    gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk
    www.gbpcomputing.co.uk

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 15, 2003

  2. Gordon Burgess-Parker

    Guest

    In alt.internet.providers.uk.0800 Gordon Burgess-Parker <> wrote:
    > I'm looking for a UK ISP that has 64K ISDN peak access at all times,
    > but allows 128K access off-peak. Doesn't have to have Email, but must
    > be 24/7 and have web space.

    I don't think there is such a beast, I'd love exactly the same but I
    really don't believe it exists. Actually I don't even need the web
    space, just connection to the internet. (BT's Midband would be sort
    of OK'ish but I don't have a BT line so that's out)

    > I've tried searching on net4nowt, but it doesn't seem to be as easy as
    > it used to be since they changed the site about.

    Yes, searching for specific requirements is rather difficult now isn't
    it. www.ispreview.co.uk is possibly a bit better.

    --
    Chris Green ()

    , Sep 15, 2003

  3. wrote:

    > In alt.internet.providers.uk.0800 Gordon Burgess-Parker
    > <> wrote:
    > > I'm looking for a UK ISP that has 64K ISDN peak access at all times,
    > > but allows 128K access off-peak. Doesn't have to have Email, but
    > > must be 24/7 and have web space.
    > >

    > I don't think there is such a beast, I'd love exactly the same but I
    > really don't believe it exists. Actually I don't even need the web
    > space, just connection to the internet. (BT's Midband would be sort
    > of OK'ish but I don't have a BT line so that's out)
    >

    > > I've tried searching on net4nowt, but it doesn't seem to be as easy
    > > as it used to be since they changed the site about.

    > Yes, searching for specific requirements is rather difficult now isn't
    > it. www.ispreview.co.uk is possibly a bit better.

    Thanks for the comments and the site. What I've decided to do is to
    sign up for another 64k Unmetered ISP (I'm leaving freeserve because of
    all the spam and my email address is now ISP-independent) and I'm also
    going to sign up for an 0845 128K connection, which I shall only use
    infrequently in the evenings and weekends when I want to download
    something a bit bigger than email or newsgroups.....

    Gordon Burgess-Parker, Sep 15, 2003
  4. Gordon Burgess-Parker

    Guest

    In alt.internet.providers.uk.0800 Gordon Burgess-Parker <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    >
    > > In alt.internet.providers.uk.0800 Gordon Burgess-Parker
    > > <> wrote:
    > > > I'm looking for a UK ISP that has 64K ISDN peak access at all times,
    > > > but allows 128K access off-peak. Doesn't have to have Email, but
    > > > must be 24/7 and have web space.
    > > >

    > > I don't think there is such a beast, I'd love exactly the same but I
    > > really don't believe it exists. Actually I don't even need the web
    > > space, just connection to the internet. (BT's Midband would be sort
    > > of OK'ish but I don't have a BT line so that's out)
    > >

    > > > I've tried searching on net4nowt, but it doesn't seem to be as easy
    > > > as it used to be since they changed the site about.

    > > Yes, searching for specific requirements is rather difficult now isn't
    > > it. www.ispreview.co.uk is possibly a bit better.

    > Thanks for the comments and the site. What I've decided to do is to
    > sign up for another 64k Unmetered ISP (I'm leaving freeserve because of
    > all the spam and my email address is now ISP-independent) and I'm also

    I have a FreeServe anytime account at the moment and the Freeserve
    E-Mail address (which I don't use) gets no spam at all. The major
    source of spam is any E-Mail address that appears on a web page
    somewhere, then a distant second is E-Mail addresses shown on
    newsgroups. I don't hide my E-Mail address here and get *very* little
    junk mail to this address.

    > going to sign up for an 0845 128K connection, which I shall only use
    > infrequently in the evenings and weekends when I want to download
    > something a bit bigger than email or newsgroups.....

    Yes, I think that's probably the only way to get something reasonable.
    I've been thinking of going for an anytime 64k account and an off
    peak 128k one. Will a 128k 0845 account really be worth it,
    wouldn't it still be cheaper to use the 64k one for longer?

    --
    Chris Green ()

    , Sep 16, 2003
  5. Gordon Burgess-Parker

    SjT Guest

    On 16 Sep 2003 10:57:12 GMT, Typedy Typed:

    >Yes, I think that's probably the only way to get something reasonable.
    >I've been thinking of going for an anytime 64k account and an off
    >peak 128k one. Will a 128k 0845 account really be worth it,
    >wouldn't it still be cheaper to use the 64k one for longer?

    I use a 24/7 64k account with one.tel (15/month) and then bt midband
    for 75 hours of 128k connection anytime (10/month) and i am very happy
    with it.

    128k is great, but 64k is plenty enough for me if im not gaming, plus
    you get the 2nd line free for phone calls.

    --
    "CARGILL - ITS THE 10TH!" Campaign 2003
    Show your support

    SjT, Sep 17, 2003