Is there scratch-free printer paper?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by WoodyMatthew3, Jul 20, 2003.

  1. Hi,
    Does anyone know if there are scratch-free papers for computer printers on the
    market?

    If so, which are the best photo printers to handle such papers?

    Thanks
     
    WoodyMatthew3, Jul 20, 2003
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. WoodyMatthew3 wrote:
    > Does anyone know if there are scratch-free papers for computer printers on the
    > market?


    Scratch free? Do you mean that there are scratches in your prints? I
    have an HP printer that does this but my Epson doesn't. The scratches
    aren't in the paper I think, they are caused by poor paper handling in
    the printer.

    >
    > If so, which are the best photo printers to handle such papers?


    One that does not cause the scratches.
     
    Andrew McDonald, Jul 20, 2003
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. WoodyMatthew3 wrote:
    >>Scratch free? Do you mean that there are scratches in your prints? <

    >
    >
    > No. I mean are there any scratch free papers for PC printers on the market?


    Please define "scratch free" then. I have absolutely no idea what you
    are talking about.
     
    Andrew McDonald, Jul 21, 2003
    #3
  4. WoodyMatthew3

    John Bean Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 23:13:04 GMT, Andrew McDonald <>
    wrote:

    >I have absolutely no idea what you
    >are talking about.


    Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me...

    --
    Regards

    John Bean
     
    John Bean, Jul 21, 2003
    #4
  5. Charlie D wrote:
    >
    > I believe he's after the diamond coated stuff.


    They have diamond coated paper?
     
    Andrew McDonald, Jul 21, 2003
    #5
  6. "Andrew McDonald" <> wrote in message
    news:RHFSa.111708$...
    > Charlie D wrote:
    > >
    > > I believe he's after the diamond coated stuff.

    >
    > They have diamond coated paper?
    >


    OK, I have noticed that Canon Photo Paper Pro has a softer emulsion
    (coating) than, for example, Epson PGPP. Prints that show tram lines and
    scratches on the Canon paper are clear on the Epson paper. I haven't noticed
    much scratching after it comes out of the printer, however.

    Gary Eickmeier
     
    Gary Eickmeier, Jul 21, 2003
    #6
  7. >>I have absolutely no idea what you
    >>are talking about. <


    >Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me... <


    You've got to be kidding ??

    Scratch-free paper would be paper that is resistant to scratching.

    Perhaps not as resistant as Darkroom RC Photographic Paper----but not as easily
    scratched as all the current inkjet photo papers out now. With all the current
    inkjet photo papers I am seeing on the market, you can easily take your finger
    nail & put a very noticeable scratch on the photo.

    That is the major drawback of Inkjet Paper Vs Darkroom Photographic Paper.
    They can make it look like a photograph developed in a darkroom---but the paper
    quality is another story.

    But I think your confusion to the question answers the question I was asking.

    There evidently is no such durable paper invented for any sort of Printer yet.

    Maybe someday.
     
    WoodyMatthew3, Jul 21, 2003
    #7
  8. WoodyMatthew3

    Mark B. Guest

    "WoodyMatthew3" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > >>I have absolutely no idea what you
    > >>are talking about. <

    >
    > >Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me... <

    >
    > You've got to be kidding ??
    >


    Nope!

    > Scratch-free paper would be paper that is resistant to scratching.
    >
    > Perhaps not as resistant as Darkroom RC Photographic Paper----but not as

    easily
    > scratched as all the current inkjet photo papers out now. With all the

    current
    > inkjet photo papers I am seeing on the market, you can easily take your

    finger
    > nail & put a very noticeable scratch on the photo.
    >


    Stop doing that!

    > That is the major drawback of Inkjet Paper Vs Darkroom Photographic Paper.
    > They can make it look like a photograph developed in a darkroom---but the

    paper
    > quality is another story.
    >
    > But I think your confusion to the question answers the question I was

    asking.
    >


    No, the confusion is that we're what the heck you're doing to your prints
    that they get scratched easily? Never been a problem for me on the papers I
    mention above.

    Mark
     
    Mark B., Jul 22, 2003
    #8
  9. WoodyMatthew3

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Mark B. wrote:

    > "WoodyMatthew3" <> wrote in message
    > news:...
    >
    >>>>I have absolutely no idea what you
    >>>>are talking about. <

    >>
    >>>Thank goodness for that. I thought it was me... <

    >>
    >>You've got to be kidding ??
    >>

    >
    >
    > Nope!
    >
    >
    >>Scratch-free paper would be paper that is resistant to scratching.
    >>
    >>Perhaps not as resistant as Darkroom RC Photographic Paper----but not as

    >
    > easily
    >
    >>scratched as all the current inkjet photo papers out now. With all the

    >
    > current
    >
    >>inkjet photo papers I am seeing on the market, you can easily take your

    >
    > finger
    >
    >>nail & put a very noticeable scratch on the photo.
    >>

    >
    >
    > Stop doing that!
    >
    >
    >>That is the major drawback of Inkjet Paper Vs Darkroom Photographic Paper.
    >>They can make it look like a photograph developed in a darkroom---but the

    >
    > paper
    >
    >>quality is another story.
    >>
    >>But I think your confusion to the question answers the question I was

    >
    > asking.
    >
    >
    > No, the confusion is that we're what the heck you're doing to your prints
    > that they get scratched easily? Never been a problem for me on the papers I
    > mention above.
    >
    > Mark
    >
    >

    I have not had a problem with scratching inkjet prints if they were
    allowed to dry before handling.
     
    Ron Hunter, Jul 22, 2003
    #9
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. LnkWizard

    OT: Paper PC for Paper MCSE

    LnkWizard, Apr 2, 2004, in forum: MCSE
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    688
  2. nobody nowhere

    Permajet paper and ink to replace Epson paper and ink?

    nobody nowhere, Aug 30, 2003, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    2,127
    Rafe B.
    Aug 31, 2003
  3. BillKirch

    Scratch in printer prints??

    BillKirch, Jan 11, 2004, in forum: Computer Information
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    392
    Bill Nathan
    Jan 14, 2004
  4. Steven Campbell

    300d how do you keep the screen scratch free?

    Steven Campbell, Jan 25, 2005, in forum: Digital Photography
    Replies:
    24
    Views:
    541
    Steven Campbell
    Jan 30, 2005
  5. Replies:
    1
    Views:
    491
Loading...

Share This Page