    apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.

    Does anyone make such a device?

    Pat

    PEmpson181, Sep 7, 2003

  2. PEmpson181

    Tumbleweed Guest

    "PEmpson181" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

    my
    > computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

    Is
    > there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

    but
    > this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

    some
    > don't.
    >
    > Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
    > apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
    >
    > Does anyone make such a device?
    >
    > Pat

    How about just copying more pictures to the card or cards via your PC before
    putting them in the sandisk device? Or am I missing something here?
    --
    Tumbleweed

    newsgroups)

    Tumbleweed, Sep 7, 2003

  3. PEmpson181

    BLueCoBra Guest

    You don't mention how close to the TV the computer is. If it's close enough
    you might be able to use a S-Video patch cord and run it from the comp to
    the TV although both comp and TV need the proper jacks.

    BLueCoBra

    BLueCoBra, Sep 7, 2003
  4. PEmpson181

    FOR7b Guest

    >> Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
    >> apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
    >>
    >> Does anyone make such a device?
    >>
    >> Pat

    >How about just copying more pictures to the card or cards via your PC before
    >putting them in the sandisk device? Or am I missing something here?
    >--
    >Tumbleweed

    Since he mentioned "relatives" it is probably safe to assume that he wants them
    to be able to view them in the easiest way possible. Having them use such a
    device and sending them memory cards is not practical. Such a device would seem
    practical only to the original owner.

    The best way to share pics is on a CD or DVD. Since the resolution to display
    on a TV is much lower than what is needed for a print one could easily fit a
    huge number of pics onto a CD or a DVD. The more practical way is to use the
    inexpensive CD and write to .jpg and view on a .jpg compatible DVD player.
    There are many devices out there that allow viewing through memory cards but
    again it certainly isn't practical as a way of sharing pics with others unless
    you enjoy buying and handing out memory cards.

    FOR7b, Sep 7, 2003
  5. PEmpson181

    Bob Kelly Guest

    > I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

    my
    > computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

    Is
    > there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

    but
    > this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

    some
    > don't.
    >
    > Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
    > apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
    >
    > Does anyone make such a device?
    >
    > Pat

    This address might help you. It is a list put together by alot of VCD users
    about which DVD players play what formats.

    http://www.dvdrhelp.com/dvdplayers

    --
    ßöbçåt

    Bob Kelly, Sep 8, 2003
  6. Ed Ruf <EG*nospam*> writes:

    > On 07 Sep 2003 18:52:40 GMT, in rec.photo.digital
    > (PEmpson181) wrote:
    >
    > >I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on my
    > >computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.
    > >Is there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD
    > >but this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and
    > >some don't.

    > Most all, if not every DVD player can play VCDs. See
    > http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

    Not every DVD player can read VCDs. One of my DVDs (3 year old Sony) can read
    VCDs, but can't read CDs burned by consumer CD burners (it will handle
    commerical VCDs if you can still buy any). The other one (Phillips DVD writer)
    doesn't have VCD support listed in the features.

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email:

    Michael Meissner, Sep 8, 2003
  7. PEmpson181

    Bob Kelly Guest

    > I have a lot of digital pictures and those that I have scanned stored on

    my
    > computer and would like to be able to show them to relatives on their TV.

    Is
    > there a device that will allow me to do this? I've tried burning to a CD

    but
    > this doesn't help unless the DVD player can play a CD with JPG files and

    some
    > don't.
    >
    > Sandisk has a card reader that hooks to the TV for viewing pictures but
    > apparently it has no way to load additional pictures from a computer.
    >
    > Does anyone make such a device?
    >
    > Pat

    Try this link. I think this is close to what your looking for.

    http://www.1888camcorder.com/photmemcarto.html

    ßöbçåt

    Bob Kelly, Sep 8, 2003
  8. PEmpson181

    M. Souris Guest

    Look up Digital Photo Viewer or Digital Photo Player. One is made by
    Lexar, and the other by Sandisk. Allows you to show images on TV
    from a flash card; it's probably what you want.

    M. Souris, Sep 9, 2003
  9. PEmpson181

    Jack Mac Guest

    On Tue, 09 Sep 2003 01:11:22 GMT, M. Souris <> wrote:

    >Look up Digital Photo Viewer or Digital Photo Player. One is made by
    >Lexar, and the other by Sandisk. Allows you to show images on TV
    >from a flash card; it's probably what you want.

    I looked at the Sandisk unit at BestBuys yesterday... $79.99. I thought
    it was rather pricey so didn't buy it...... may change my mind!

    Jack Mac

    Jack Mac, Sep 9, 2003
  10. PEmpson181

    Jerry Dycus Guest

    I have 3 brand new ones in stock for $49.99 ea. Dazzle TV Photo Show
    with wireless remote.Accepts Compact Flash I & II, Smart Media, and
    IBM Micro Drive. Call me at 1-704-487-9057

    Jerry Dycus, Sep 10, 2003