  1. I was just wondering if there is anyway I can edit my past posts.

    Thanks,

    cg
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0, Feb 17, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 17, 2006

  3. No, that's not a feature of public newsgroups.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2006
  4. I don't think blocking or cancelling are supported by this NG. Except for MS
    being able to remove spam and viruses.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2006
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0

    John Barnes Guest

    Blocking is supported by OE for those who are using it.

    John Barnes, Feb 17, 2006
  6. I must be confusing it with the Private ones then. :)
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Feb 17, 2006
  7. Ah, but that's a different kind of blocking - you're blocking your actual
    VIEW of the newsgroup, but the messages are still there.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2006
  8. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0

    Larry Hodges Guest

    Killfiling. It's simply a local filter of what you see and nothing to do
    with the ng server. Everybody else still sees the posts.

    Larry Hodges, Feb 17, 2006
  9. You can block the view of a message, but you can't block it's actual
    presence, nor effectively can you cancel it. Especially with Google Groups.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 17, 2006
  10. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 05:03:58 -0800, Chad Garber (no longer disgusted)
    <> wrote:

    >I was just wondering if there is anyway I can edit my past posts.

    You could try and sent a cancel. But if this is honoured, depends on
    whether the NNTP-server acknowledges the cancels. Some do, others don't.

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Feb 17, 2006
  11. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 08:24:32 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >No, that's not a feature of public newsgroups.

    It certainly is. Do you mean the Microsoft public ones?

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Feb 17, 2006
  12. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:18:29 -0800, "Charlie Russel - MVP"
    <> wrote:

    >You can block the view of a message, but you can't block it's actual
    >presence, nor effectively can you cancel it.

    Yes, you can cancel it, but again, most providers have switched off
    cancelling due to this being abused (it is possible to cancel someone
    else's post, but you are not allowed to).

    >Especially with Google Groups.

    You might read http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=8380

    jud
    Jud Hendrix, Feb 18, 2006
  13. =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhZCBHYXJiZXIgKG5vIGxvbmdlciBkaXNndXN0

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    Jud Hendrix, Feb 18, 2006
  14. Yes. I had one entry in mine for a while, but removed it. Somehow, though, I
    doubt that Chad would want to killfile himself. :)

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Feb 18, 2006