    lists??

    are they too cleaer to stop this happing to them?
    Dan
    Daniel Farley, Aug 19, 2003

  2. Daniel Farley

    Peter Guest

    this quote is from Daniel Farley of Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:51 :
    > we complain about them, but there must be some way to start shutting them
    > down?? hacking into the servers they use and shuting down there
    > conections??? hacking into there computer's and destroning there email
    > lists??

    Cracking the mail relay servers might not be a good idea. At least some of
    these are trojaned (= hijacked) or simply insecure servers that are owned /
    run by ignorant innocents, or the spam is spoofed, so you run a high risk
    of missing the spammer and hitting someone else.

    Certainly, you should lobby your MP to make spamming illegal in NZ at least.
    This won't stop the overseas spammers, of course, but if we do our bit and
    people overseas do too ...
    However, any legislation needs to be clear, not that weak excuse for
    legislation that some USA states are considering. That is, under proposed
    USA legislation spamming is ok if it has [ADV] or similar in the title, or
    if the spammer thinks you opted in, or some other excuse. We need real
    laws, so that _any_ unsolicited commercial or pornographic emails are
    forbidden.

    Otherwise, don't buy anything advertised by spam, and if you find the real
    company behind it, let them know how antisocial they are.

    Maybe some others have some more ideas?

    Peter
    Peter, Aug 19, 2003

  3. Daniel Farley

    Who is this Guest

    In article <>,
    Peter <> wrote:

    > Otherwise, don't buy anything advertised by spam, and if you find the real
    > company behind it, let them know how antisocial they are.
    >

    > Maybe some others have some more ideas?

    Yes, send a letter to the local consulate/embassy telling them that you
    are so sick of the spam originating from their country you will no
    longer buy any products made in their country and you will no longer
    consider their country as a holiday destination. When governments see
    that spam is harming their economy then they will do something
    worthwhile.
    Let large companies know too that if their products are made in those
    countries they will sit on the shelf, they have a LOT of clout with
    these tin pot governments.
    Who is this, Aug 19, 2003
  4. Daniel Farley

    Who is this Guest

    In article <>,
    Who is this <> wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Peter <> wrote:
    >

    > > Otherwise, don't buy anything advertised by spam, and if you find the real
    > > company behind it, let them know how antisocial they are.
    > >

    > > Maybe some others have some more ideas?

    Yes, search through the source of the spam and when you find a mailto:
    post it in a usenet posting such as this. If this is an email address
    that they are expecting orders to flood into let get it flooded with
    spam and make that email account useless, it will also give the ISP of
    the spam haven some grief.

    For example

    then add some addresses such as

    Who is this, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Daniel Farley

    paulsy Guest

    On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 22:51:06 +1200, "Daniel Farley"
    <> wrote:

    >we complain about them, but there must be some way to start shutting them
    >down?? hacking into the servers they use and shuting down there
    >conections??? hacking into there computer's and destroning there email
    >lists??
    >

    >are they too cleaer to stop this happing to them?
    >Dan

    Would it be any use pissing off the credit card companies or billing
    companies?
    paulsy, Aug 20, 2003
  6. Daniel Farley

    Julian Visch Guest

    Who is this wrote:

    > In article <>,
    > Who is this <> wrote:
    >

    >>In article <>,
    >> Peter <> wrote:
    >>

    >>>Otherwise, don't buy anything advertised by spam, and if you find the real
    >>>company behind it, let them know how antisocial they are.
    >>>

    >>>Maybe some others have some more ideas?
    >>>

    > Yes, search through the source of the spam and when you find a mailto:
    > post it in a usenet posting such as this. If this is an email address
    > that they are expecting orders to flood into let get it flooded with
    > spam and make that email account useless, it will also give the ISP of
    > the spam haven some grief.
    >
    > For example
    >

    > then add some addresses such as

    Then there are the false spammers, everything is faked, they are just
    out to annoy not to sell.
    Julian Visch, Aug 20, 2003
  7. Daniel Farley

    m00se Guest

    Who is this wrote:

    > And ?
    > When enough people get really pissed off then ISPs and governments will
    > do something about killing off spam

    History has proven this is not the case. It wont be long before China
    becomes an Intranet.
    m00se, Aug 21, 2003
  8. Daniel Farley

    Who is this Guest

    In article <3f442375$>, m00se <>
    wrote:

    > Who is this wrote:
    >

    > > And ?
    > > When enough people get really pissed off then ISPs and governments will
    > > do something about killing off spam

    > History has proven this is not the case. It wont be long before China
    > becomes an Intranet.

    Exactly, it is ONLY while ISPs accept email from china that the spam
    thrives there, as soon as no one accepts any email from china then the
    spam havens would dissapear so fast it would be like a miracle.
    Who is this, Aug 21, 2003