    Gromada Guest

    .... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    features and interdependence of security system elements?

    Gromada, Apr 20, 2007

  2. Gromada

    Todd H. Guest

    Gromada <> writes:

    > ... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    > features and interdependence of security system elements?

    Yes.

    Why do you ask?

    --
    Todd H.
    http://www.toddh.net/

    Todd H., Apr 20, 2007

  3. Gromada

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:19:01 +0200, Gromada
    <> wrote:

    >... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    >features and interdependence of security system elements?

    I liken computer security to building a wall, one of the
    traditional elements in physical security. It might also
    be like a box of chocolates, including the spring surprise.

    Or it could be likened to the sound of one hand clapping.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Apr 20, 2007
  4. Gromada

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Jim Watt wrote:
    > On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 20:19:01 +0200, Gromada
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> ... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    >> features and interdependence of security system elements?

    > I liken computer security to building a wall, one of the
    > traditional elements in physical security. It might also
    > be like a box of chocolates, including the spring surprise.
    >
    > Or it could be likened to the sound of one hand clapping.
    > --
    > Jim Watt
    > http://www.gibnet.com

    "you never know what you're going to get" - F. Gump

    Rick Merrill, Apr 20, 2007
  5. Gromada

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Gromada wrote:
    > ... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    > features and interdependence of security system elements?

    The difficulty of breaking in should be proportional to the value of
    what's being protected.

    Rick Merrill, Apr 20, 2007
  6. Gromada

    Gromada Guest

    Todd H. said the following on 20.04.2007 20:37:
    > Gromada <> writes:

    >> ... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    >> features and interdependence of security system elements?

    > Yes.

    > Why do you ask?

    I can't find any...
    It's quite a paintfull to explain (to the boss or to the customers)
    security issues without some visualisation and without consistent
    conceptual model. If there isn't any, than I'll just have to build one ;) .

    Gromada, Apr 20, 2007
  7. Gromada

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Gromada wrote:
    > Todd H. said the following on 20.04.2007 20:37:
    >> Gromada <> writes:

    >>> ... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    >>> features and interdependence of security system elements?

    >> Yes.

    >> Why do you ask?

    > I can't find any...
    > It's quite a paintfull to explain (to the boss or to the customers)
    > security issues without some visualisation and without consistent
    > conceptual model. If there isn't any, than I'll just have to build one ;) .

    like this?
    http://194.7.80.153/website/book.asp?menuid=15&vs=3&page=ihb/ch04s03.html

    Rick Merrill, Apr 21, 2007
  8. Gromada

    Jim Watt Guest

    On Fri, 20 Apr 2007 16:20:16 -0400, Rick Merrill
    <> wrote:

    >Gromada wrote:
    >> ... conceptual model that can be used for describing and visualizing
    >> features and interdependence of security system elements?

    >The difficulty of breaking in should be proportional to the value of
    >what's being protected.

    Thats where the wall model comes in, because the height can be
    increased, barbed wire added, but if there is a door someone
    has to hold the keys.
    --
    Jim Watt
    http://www.gibnet.com

    Jim Watt, Apr 21, 2007
  9. Gromada

    Gromada Guest

    Rick Merrill said the following on 21.04.2007 01:48:
    > Gromada wrote:
    >> Todd H. said the following on 20.04.2007 20:37:

    >>> Yes.

    >>> Why do you ask?

    >> I can't find any...
    >> It's quite a paintfull to explain (to the boss or to the customers)
    >> security issues without some visualisation and without consistent
    >> conceptual model. If there isn't any, than I'll just have to build one
    >> ;) .

    > like this?
    > http://194.7.80.153/website/book.asp?menuid=15&vs=3&page=ihb/ch04s03.html

    Nice, but not good enough.
    Thnx for link!

    Gromada, Apr 21, 2007
  10. Gromada

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Gromada wrote:
    > Rick Merrill said the following on 21.04.2007 01:48:
    >> Gromada wrote:

    >>> I can't find any...
    >>> It's quite a paintfull to explain (to the boss or to the customers)
    >>> security issues without some visualisation and without consistent
    >>> conceptual model. If there isn't any, than I'll just have to build one
    >>> ;) .

    >> like this?
    >> http://194.7.80.153/website/book.asp?menuid=15&vs=3&page=ihb/ch04s03.html

    > Nice, but not good enough.