    absolutely annoying series of black screens.

    Is there any known way of preventing this behaviour?

    tia, -Peter
    Peter Huebner, Aug 11, 2011

  2. Peter Huebner

    Mark C Guest

    Peter Huebner <> wrote in
    news::

    > When csc.exe (.net c compiler as I understand it) is invoked on
    > my xp installation, it will always open a shell. Occasionally
    > this is windowed, but most of the time it's fullscreen mode, so
    > I look at what amounts to a black screen-flash, in the case of
    > some applications who invoke it repeatedly an absolutely
    > annoying series of black screens.
    >
    > Is there any known way of preventing this behaviour?

    Are you calling it from scripts or programs that you control (and
    could you call a different, wrapper, program instead)?

    A VBS file can run the likes of csc.exe hidden, to prevent a console
    window popup.
    Mark C, Aug 27, 2011

  3. In article <4e586c64$0$30883$c3e8da3$>,
    d says...

    > Are you calling it from scripts or programs that you control (and
    > could you call a different, wrapper, program instead)?

    Unfortunately I have no control over the calls. Apart from stardock's
    "Impulse" software that appears to call it a dozen times or so and which I
    subsequently no longer use, I've recently installed some other software, namely
    motherboard drivers that did [whatever] including an update to my existing .net
    installation and csc.exe is now called during the Win XP loading sequence. At
    times CSC.exe stays nicely in the background and merely displays as a process
    on the sidebar, other times it opens full screen and I have to alt-enter to get
    rid of the thing.

    -P.
    Peter Huebner, Aug 28, 2011