Is there any way to check the Spelling?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 24, 2006.

  1. Greetings, happy holidays,

    Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my hopes
    sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before posting
    besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott

    To check the spelling in messages

    Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
    Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
    PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
    command is not available.

    a.. In the New Message window, click Spelling on the toolbar, or on the
    Tools menu, click Spelling.
    Note

    a.. To customize the way your spelling checker works, on the Tools menu,
    click Options, and then select the Spelling tab.

    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 24, 2006

  2. Wereo_SUPREME

    beenthere Guest

    "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in message
    > Greetings, happy holidays,
    >
    > Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    > spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my hopes
    > sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before posting
    > besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott

    There`s a freeware one here Wereo.

    http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 24, 2006

  3. "beenthere" <>wrote in message

    > "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in message
    >> Greetings, happy holidays,
    >>
    >> Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    >> spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my
    >> hopes sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before
    >> posting besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott
    >>

    > There`s a freeware one here Wereo.
    >
    > http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html
    >
    > bw..OJ

    I just instaled it. Let's tryi it...

    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 24, 2006
  4. "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in message
    > "beenthere" <>wrote in message
    >>
    >> "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in message
    >>> Greetings, happy holidays,
    >>>
    >>> Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    >>> spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my
    >>> hopes sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before
    >>> posting besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott
    >>>

    >> There`s a freeware one here Wereo.
    >>
    >> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html
    >>
    >> bw..OJ
    >>

    > I just instaled it. Let's tryi it...

    Nothign happened! How does it work?

    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 24, 2006
  5. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >> "beenthere"

    >>> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html

    > Nothign happened! How does it work?

    I haven't used the spelloe, but OE's spellchecker works the best by your
    selecting a word you aren't sure about and then using Tools/ Spelling so
    that OE can specifically check that word against its wordlist and if it
    doesn't fit, then there are alternatives to use to replace if you are so
    configured.

    You can also select/highlight a 'bunch' of words you are editing and use
    Tools/ Spelling and OE will go thru' all of them.

    You can configure how the spellchecker works in Tools/ Options/ Spelling
    tab.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 24, 2006
  6. Wereo_SUPREME

    Fred Guest

    > "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in message
    >> "beenthere" <>wrote in message
    >>>
    >>> "Wereo_SUPREME" <> wrote in message

    >>> There`s a freeware one here Wereo.
    >>>
    >>> http://www.snapfiles.com/get/spelloe.html
    >>>
    >>> bw..OJ
    >>>

    >> I just instaled it. Let's tryi it...
    >>

    >> --
    >>

    > Nothign happened! How does it work?

    Badly.

    Fred, Dec 24, 2006
  7. Wereo_SUPREME

    Leythos Guest

    In article <458e3e39$0$15541$>,
    says...
    > Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    > spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my hopes
    > sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before posting
    > besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott

    Stop using an email client that's been reworked to allow Usenet access
    and use a full Usenet client - all of them allow for Spell Checking.

    --

    remove 999 in order to email me

    Leythos, Dec 24, 2006
  8. Wereo_SUPREME

    DanR Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    >>> "beenthere"

    >> Nothign happened! How does it work?

    > I haven't used the spelloe, but OE's spellchecker works the best by
    > your selecting a word you aren't sure about and then using Tools/
    > Spelling so that OE can specifically check that word against its
    > wordlist and if it doesn't fit, then there are alternatives to use to
    > replace if you are so configured.
    >
    > You can also select/highlight a 'bunch' of words you are editing and
    > use Tools/ Spelling and OE will go thru' all of them.
    >
    > You can configure how the spellchecker works in Tools/ Options/
    > Spelling tab.

    If by chance you are using "quotefix" with OE... the spell checker will not
    run by default when you are "reply"ing. You must highlight the text and
    click "Spelling".

    DanR, Dec 24, 2006
  9. Wereo_SUPREME

    Mike Easter Guest

    DanR wrote:
    > Mike Easter wrote:

    >> You can also select/highlight a 'bunch' of words you are editing and
    >> use Tools/ Spelling and OE will go thru' all of them.
    >>
    >> You can configure how the spellchecker works in Tools/ Options/
    >> Spelling tab.

    > If by chance you are using "quotefix" with OE... the spell checker
    > will not run by default when you are "reply"ing. You must highlight
    > the text and click "Spelling".

    I wouldn't use OE without QF.

    I wouldn't be happy with the problems between QF & OE w/ XP SP2, but I
    don't have to worry about that because I'm not XP.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Dec 24, 2006
  10. "Leythos" <> wrote in message
    > In article <458e3e39$0$15541$>,
    > says...
    >> Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    >> spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my
    >> hopes
    >> sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before posting
    >> besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott

    > Stop using an email client that's been reworked to allow Usenet access
    > and use a full Usenet client - all of them allow for Spell Checking.
    >
    > --
    >

    > remove 999 in order to email me

    HAY! The thing kicked in and is now working great! Thank you so much
    beenthere and everyone! :)

    Happy Holidays to all!

    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 24, 2006
  11. Wereo_SUPREME

    DanR Guest

    Mike Easter wrote:
    > DanR wrote:
    >> Mike Easter wrote:

    >>> You can also select/highlight a 'bunch' of words you are editing and
    >>> use Tools/ Spelling and OE will go thru' all of them.
    >>>
    >>> You can configure how the spellchecker works in Tools/ Options/
    >>> Spelling tab.

    >> If by chance you are using "quotefix" with OE... the spell checker
    >> will not run by default when you are "reply"ing. You must highlight
    >> the text and click "Spelling".

    > I wouldn't use OE without QF.
    >
    > I wouldn't be happy with the problems between QF & OE w/ XP SP2, but I
    > don't have to worry about that because I'm not XP.

    I had the same QF OE reply spelling issues with WinME.

    DanR, Dec 24, 2006
  12. "DanR" <> wrote in message
    > Mike Easter wrote:
    >> DanR wrote:

    >>> If by chance you are using "quotefix" with OE... the spell checker
    >>> will not run by default when you are "reply"ing. You must highlight
    >>> the text and click "Spelling".

    >> I wouldn't use OE without QF.
    >>
    >> I wouldn't be happy with the problems between QF & OE w/ XP SP2, but I
    >> don't have to worry about that because I'm not XP.

    > I had the same QF OE reply spelling issues with WinME.

    I've got it working now though. It's humming ;-)

    Wereo_SUPREME, Dec 24, 2006
  13. Wereo_SUPREME

    nobody > Guest

    Wereo_SUPREME wrote:
    > Greetings, happy holidays,
    >
    > Since using NNTP instead of the Gogg I haven't found a way to chekc my
    > spelling before posting. After reading this from the Help section my hopes
    > sink fast. Is there anything I can do check my spelling before posting
    > besides buying these expensive programs? Thank you, Scott
    >
    > To check the spelling in messages
    >
    > Outlook Express uses the spelling checker provided with the following
    > Microsoft Office programs: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft
    > PowerPoint. If you do not have one of these programs installed, the Spelling
    > command is not available.
    >
    > a.. In the New Message window, click Spelling on the toolbar, or on the
    > Tools menu, click Spelling.
    > Note
    >
    > a.. To customize the way your spelling checker works, on the Tools menu,
    > click Options, and then select the Spelling tab.

    I see "X-Newsreader: Microsoft Outlook Express 6.00.2900.3028"

    Try Thunderbird. Spell checking is built in on the later versions.

    nobody >, Dec 25, 2006