    type1/type2????? Kindly advise..

    regards,
    Uttam
    Ranger, May 5, 2006

  2. Ranger

    Dan Evans Guest

    "Ranger" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I hve an IBM thinkpad & was wondering if there is anyway to get good
    > graphics support so that I can play games on it(I know laptops are not
    > meant for these bt i cant buy a desktop now!!). I wud like to know if
    > I can get any graphic card that can be inserted into the laptop slot
    > type1/type2????? Kindly advise..

    USB graphics adaptors exist, but as for how good they are for games, I
    dunno.

    Pretty crap I would guess.

    Dan

    Dan Evans, May 5, 2006

  3. Ranger

    Mitch Guest

    In article <>,
    Ranger <> wrote:

    > Hi Guys,
    >
    > I hve an IBM thinkpad & was wondering if there is anyway to get good
    > graphics support so that I can play games on it(I know laptops are not
    > meant for these bt i cant buy a desktop now!!). I wud like to know if
    > I can get any graphic card that can be inserted into the laptop slot
    > type1/type2????? Kindly advise..

    There have been in the past, like from Rocket and others.
    Don't think I've seen one in years.
    Mitch, May 5, 2006
  4. Ranger

    thanatoid Guest

    Mitch <> wrote in

    > In article
    > <>,
    > Ranger <> wrote:
    >
    >> Hi Guys,
    >>
    >> I hve an IBM thinkpad & was wondering if there is anyway
    >> to get good graphics support so that I can play games on
    >> it(I know laptops are not meant for these bt i cant buy a
    >> desktop now!!). I wud like to know if I can get any
    >> graphic card that can be inserted into the laptop slot
    >> type1/type2????? Kindly advise..

    > There have been in the past, like from Rocket and others.
    > Don't think I've seen one in years.

    I'm really just guessing, but a) probably not b) would cost an
    awful lot c) poking inside laptops is a little risky.

    You could look around ebay and other places where they sell
    older/discountinued stuff but you probably won't find what you
    need, or it will be too old to do the job right by today's
    standards.

    Try to get rid of/trade in your laptop and get one with a hi-end
    card built-in. There are many such models available.

    --
    thanatoid-Tip® #14
    Installing a spellchecker is a good start.
    thanatoid, May 5, 2006