    Cheers,
    Steve

    , May 16, 2006

  2. Rod Dorman Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >One other q - will these commands only work if the running config is
    >altered or will they also work if the Startup config is altered?

    They are unrelated to changes, they will work even if nothing is
    altered.

    Issueing "reload in" when making running config changes give you a
    warm tummy feeling since if you screw something up and lock yourself
    out the router will reboot and load the (presumably working) startup
    config as the running config.

    Issueing "reload in" when making startup config changes is kinda
    pointless. The recomended sequence is to make your "reload in"
    protected running config changes first and only when you're sure its
    OK do a copy from running to startup.

    --
    -- Rod --
    rodd(at)polylogics(dot)com

    Rod Dorman, May 16, 2006

  3. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >I am writing software that uses SNMP to configure a Cisco 3725 and
    >would like to know if there is an SNMP equivalent to these commands in
    >order to automatically restore the config if something goes horribly
    >wrong. Or will I have to resort to using Telnet as well?

    If I recall correctly, there are two different MIBs for that
    functionality, depending upon model and IOS version.

    My recollection is that the current SNMP method is to first write
    a command number to one OID, and then write the time until that command
    into another OID. To cancel, you rewrite the time to 0.

    Walter Roberson, May 16, 2006
  4. jay Guest

    load the snmplink.org online MIB browser and search for 'reload' in all
    Cisco MIBs
    You may find something there is it exists. Hope that helps.

    jay, May 17, 2006
  5. Guest

    , May 20, 2006
  6. Guest

    Never mind my last response. I blanked on the fact that you were
    asking about how to do a scheduled reload using SNMP and not a regular
    reload. Sorry.

    Cisco da Gama
    http://ciscostudy.blogspot.com

    , May 20, 2006