    time as a group. Is there an extension available that will let me do this?

    Thanks,

    Jeff

    Jeff Ingram, Jun 19, 2004

  2. Jeff Ingram

    Mark Guest

    Jeff Ingram wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Is there an extension that will save a group of tabs in Firefox? Say there
    > were several sites that I always open and I'd like to open them at the same
    > time as a group. Is there an extension available that will let me do this?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Jeff

    Use the bookmarks manager and create a folder...
    inside the folder save the links you want to open in a group.

    Now click on the bookmark folder and select open in tabs...

    What I did was create groups and save them in my toolbar folder...

    works like a charm.

    happy surfing.

    Mark

    Mark, Jun 19, 2004

  3. Jeff Ingram

    maxo Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:56:24 +1000, Mark wrote:

    > Jeff Ingram wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Is there an extension that will save a group of tabs in Firefox? Say there
    >> were several sites that I always open and I'd like to open them at the same
    >> time as a group. Is there an extension available that will let me do this?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >>
    >> Jeff
    >>

    > Use the bookmarks manager and create a folder...
    > inside the folder save the links you want to open in a group.
    >
    > Now click on the bookmark folder and select open in tabs...
    >
    > What I did was create groups and save them in my toolbar folder...
    >
    > works like a charm.
    >
    > happy surfing.
    >
    > Mark

    That is indeed a very good solution, I personally use an alternate method
    since my folders tend to contain hundreds of entries:

    Install the Tabbrowser Extensions extension. After you restart the
    program, you'll see a menu entry called "Tab". Under it you'll see an
    entry called "Load Tab Session", under that is the choice "Save Tab
    Session" which makes perfect sense ;) At any rate, I find this method to
    be more kind to serindipitous session saving. But if it's only a set few
    that you want to open, then the above
    copy-to-folder-and-open-folder-in-tabs method is easier.

    Do give Tabbrowser Extensions a whirl--it's a tweakers paradise.

    Hope this helps.

    :D

    maxo, Jun 19, 2004
  4. Jeff Ingram

    Mark Guest

    maxo wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:56:24 +1000, Mark wrote:
    >

    >>Jeff Ingram wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>Is there an extension that will save a group of tabs in Firefox? Say there
    >>>were several sites that I always open and I'd like to open them at the same
    >>>time as a group. Is there an extension available that will let me do this?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Jeff
    >>>

    >>Use the bookmarks manager and create a folder...
    >>inside the folder save the links you want to open in a group.
    >>
    >>Now click on the bookmark folder and select open in tabs...
    >>
    >>What I did was create groups and save them in my toolbar folder...
    >>
    >>works like a charm.
    >>
    >>happy surfing.
    >>
    >>Mark

    > That is indeed a very good solution, I personally use an alternate method
    > since my folders tend to contain hundreds of entries:
    >
    > Install the Tabbrowser Extensions extension. After you restart the
    > program, you'll see a menu entry called "Tab". Under it you'll see an
    > entry called "Load Tab Session", under that is the choice "Save Tab
    > Session" which makes perfect sense ;) At any rate, I find this method to
    > be more kind to serindipitous session saving. But if it's only a set few
    > that you want to open, then the above
    > copy-to-folder-and-open-folder-in-tabs method is easier.
    >
    > Do give Tabbrowser Extensions a whirl--it's a tweakers paradise.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > :D

    The only thing with Tabbrowser exten is that its not updated yet for 0.9.

    Otherwise its a really good idea...

    thats why I came up with the other way using bookmarks...

    cheers

    Hopefully session saver will be updated along with Tabbrowser :)

    Mark, Jun 19, 2004
  5. Jeff Ingram

    maxo Guest

    On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 00:34:36 +1000, Mark wrote:

    > The only thing with Tabbrowser exten is that its not updated yet for 0.9.

    I should have mentioned that, oops...

    I tried 0.9 on my Fedora box and it just committed suicide left and
    right--I didn't realize that the TabbE. weren't updated, so not only did I
    have to delete my ~.mozilla/firefox profile--it wouldn't start even
    then!--I had to start firefox with my guest account, then copy the
    resulting profile to my account. Then I tried to install another extension
    and it happened again (I believe this was an approved 0.9 extension, but
    probably not suitable for linux (you'd think they'd mention that)).
    The mozilla-remote was broken for the short time it was alive.Well, after
    a couple hours of wrangling I came up with a great idea--I reinstalled
    8.3 and got on with life. Can't wait till 1.0 if that means this extension
    mess will be somewhat sorted...

    :D

    maxo, Jun 19, 2004
  6. Jeff Ingram

    Mark Guest

    maxo wrote:

    > On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:56:24 +1000, Mark wrote:
    >

    >>Jeff Ingram wrote:
    >>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>
    >>>Is there an extension that will save a group of tabs in Firefox? Say there
    >>>were several sites that I always open and I'd like to open them at the same
    >>>time as a group. Is there an extension available that will let me do this?
    >>>
    >>>Thanks,
    >>>
    >>>Jeff
    >>>

    >>Use the bookmarks manager and create a folder...
    >>inside the folder save the links you want to open in a group.
    >>
    >>Now click on the bookmark folder and select open in tabs...
    >>
    >>What I did was create groups and save them in my toolbar folder...
    >>
    >>works like a charm.
    >>
    >>happy surfing.
    >>
    >>Mark

    > That is indeed a very good solution, I personally use an alternate method
    > since my folders tend to contain hundreds of entries:
    >
    > Install the Tabbrowser Extensions extension. After you restart the
    > program, you'll see a menu entry called "Tab". Under it you'll see an
    > entry called "Load Tab Session", under that is the choice "Save Tab
    > Session" which makes perfect sense ;) At any rate, I find this method to
    > be more kind to serindipitous session saving. But if it's only a set few
    > that you want to open, then the above
    > copy-to-folder-and-open-folder-in-tabs method is easier.
    >
    > Do give Tabbrowser Extensions a whirl--it's a tweakers paradise.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > :D

    The only thing is tabbrowser ext isn't yet developed for 0.9 firefox.

    So thats why I did what I did...

    otherwise I would agree.

    Hopefully both session saver and tabbrowser ext will be updated shortly.

    Cheers

    Mark

    Mark, Jun 19, 2004
  7. Jeff Ingram