    Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    Lennier
    Lennier, Dec 20, 2003

  2. Lennier

    Dumdedo Guest

    Re: Is there a ...Yes if you use MS OS...?

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:

    >Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
    >
    >Lennier

    So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..

    Or do you wish for a early grave..?
    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003

  3. Lennier

    Howard Guest

    Checkout Quanta or Bluefish.
    Howard, Dec 20, 2003
  4. Lennier

    Mouse Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    > >Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
    > >
    > >Lennier

    > So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
    >
    > Or do you wish for a early grave..?

    Gee Roger, and you wonder why nobody wants to help you...

    "And your point in this useless post is..?" - Dumdedo
    Mouse, Dec 20, 2003
  5. Lennier

    madknoxie Guest

    In article <pan.2003.12.20.00.46.33.792832@TRACKER>,
    Lennier <> wrote:

    > Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    > Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    Do you want to create a website and then manage it with a program like
    this? If you just want to manage a site that already exists, whats wrong
    with a FTP clients like gFTP? You can edit your files, upload new ones,
    etc...

    Have you tried Mozilla's Composer? It is pretty basic but should do
    everything that you would want from it. There are of course others such
    as BlueFish, Quanta, Amaya.

    I find the table of Windows equivalents for Linux is pretty useful, it
    is quite big so just search for Dreamweaver (using your browsers Find
    function) and you should find the entry for WYSIWYG editors:
    http://linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml

    You should handcode your sites though :)

    --
    madknoxie
    madknoxie, Dec 20, 2003
  6. Lennier

    Lennier Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:23:47 +1300, madknoxie wrote:

    >> Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >> Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    > Do you want to create a website and then manage it with a program like
    > this?

    Want to import and manage an existing website - am sick of repetitive page
    coding - templates are the better way.

    > If you just want to manage a site that already exists, whats wrong
    > with a FTP clients like gFTP?

    Nothing wrong with FTP clients.

    But I wasn't asking about FTP clients, I was asking about open source
    WYSIWYG website creation/management software.

    > Have you tried Mozilla's Composer? It is pretty basic but should do
    > everything that you would want from it.

    Mozilla can create individual pages, but cannot manage and keep track of
    an entire website.

    Lennier
    Lennier, Dec 20, 2003
  7. Lennier

    Lennier Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:07:49 +1300, Howard wrote:

    > Checkout Quanta or Bluefish.

    Thanks...

    Lennier
    Lennier, Dec 20, 2003
  8. "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    > Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    > Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    Is there a reason why you specifically want your website management program
    to be open-source running Linux?
    Nathan Mercer, Dec 20, 2003
  9. Lennier

    T.N.O. Guest

    Lennier wrote:
    > Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    > Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    Dunno, but have a look at "mambo" http://sourceforge.org/projects/mambo
    very very cool.

    Just been fucking around with it for a few days, and have got this sofar
    www.dave.net.nz/mambo
    T.N.O., Dec 20, 2003
  10. Lennier

    jonas Guest

    Nathan Mercer wrote:
    > "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >>Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    > Is there a reason why you specifically want your website management program
    > to be open-source running Linux?

    Maybe because he doesnt want to spend/waste his money on Windows and its
    expensive software.
    jonas, Dec 20, 2003
  11. Lennier

    Gordon Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:53:17 +1300, Dumdedo wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:
    >
    >>Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >>Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
    >>
    >>Lennier

    > So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
    >
    > Or do you wish for a early grave..?

    Yep, yours. Be gone Now!

    Gordon, Dec 20, 2003
  12. Lennier

    Alice Guest

    "T.N.O." <> wrote in message
    > Lennier wrote:
    > > Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    > > Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    > Dunno, but have a look at "mambo" http://sourceforge.org/projects/mambo
    > very very cool.
    >
    > Just been fucking around with it for a few days, and have got this sofar
    > www.dave.net.nz/mambo

    Nice page - but I didn't know MM scripts were open source?
    Alice, Dec 20, 2003
  13. Lennier

    a Guest

    Re: Is there a ...Yes if you use MS OS...?

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:
    >
    > >Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    > >Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
    > >
    > >Lennier

    > So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
    >
    > Or do you wish for a early grave..?

    Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?
    a, Dec 20, 2003
  14. Lennier

    T.N.O. Guest

    Alice wrote:
    > Nice page - but I didn't know MM scripts were open source?

    Heh, thanks... pretty much no change from the standard template yet,
    besides, it is only for playing with at the moment... not really for
    public consumption, but yeah, I have some users(registered) that have
    found it somehow from in NZ and elsewhere... so thats a bit odd.

    ummm, they seem to be :)
    T.N.O., Dec 20, 2003
  15. Lennier

    Lennier Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:12:06 +1300, jonas wrote:

    >>>Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >>>Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    >> Is there a reason why you specifically want your website management
    >> program to be open-source running Linux?

    > Maybe because he doesnt want to spend/waste his money on Windows and its
    > expensive software.

    Yeah - why waste money on Micro$oft software when there are perfectly good
    alternatives?

    Lennier
    Lennier, Dec 20, 2003
  16. Lennier

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:13:40 +1300, Mouse <> wrote:

    >Dumdedo wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >> >Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
    >> >
    >> >Lennier

    >> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
    >>
    >> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

    >Gee Roger, and you wonder why nobody wants to help you...
    >
    >"And your point in this useless post is..?" - Dumdedo

    No just stating some facts, these Lunix idiots get right up my nose..

    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003
  17. Lennier

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 17:58:47 +1300, a <> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    >says...
    >> On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 13:46:33 +1300, Lennier <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >> >Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?
    >> >
    >> >Lennier

    >> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
    >>
    >> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

    >Do you have to get support all the time or something Rodger ?

    I am referring to a decent range of software, that is some thing that Lunix
    does nor have, that is what I mean by support.

    Plus you have to compile it to run on your system..
    Dumdedo, Dec 20, 2003
  18. Lennier

    steve Guest

    steve, Dec 20, 2003
  19. Lennier

    steve Guest

    On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 15:34:31 +1300, Nathan Mercer wrote:

    > "Lennier" <> wrote in message
    >> Is there an open-source programme for Linux that is similar to Adobe Go
    >> Live or Macromedia Dreamweaver for website management?

    > Is there a reason why you specifically want your website management program
    > to be open-source running Linux?

    I do it for the freedom.

    .....and XP Home won't install on my system (so far)...and XP Pro is about
    10 times more money than I'd want to spend on the OS.
    steve, Dec 20, 2003
  20. Lennier

    Mouse Guest

    Dumdedo wrote:

    > On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:13:40 +1300, Mouse <> wrote:
    >

    > >Dumdedo wrote:

    > >> So why bother with a unsupported OS like Lunix..
    > >>
    > >> Or do you wish for a early grave..?

    > >Gee Roger, and you wonder why nobody wants to help you...
    > >
    > >"And your point in this useless post is..?" - Dumdedo
    > >

    > No just stating some facts, these Lunix idiots get right up my nose..

    What facts have you stated ?
    Mouse, Dec 20, 2003