    and cleaned my cache.It is not my NAV updateing.Is there any way to see
    where this data is coming from ?
    Thanks in advance

    Wyatt, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Wyatt wrote:

    > When connected to the internet with no browser window open there is data
    > coming down from the net to my HD.I have ran AD aware,Spy Bot,Trojan remover
    > and cleaned my cache.It is not my NAV updateing.Is there any way to see
    > where this data is coming from ?
    > Thanks in advance

    you can open a command prompt and type netstat.

    all this without the "" marks.

    for 2k or XP click on start, click on run, type "cmd" in the space
    provided. click on OK.
    type "netstat"

    for the win9x series, click on start, click on run, type "command" in
    the space provided. click on ok.
    type "netstat"

    This will tell you what your computer is currently connected to.

    do this and post the info it gives you.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Jan 29, 2004

  3. Wyatt

    -[Myth]- Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:34:05 +1300, T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Wyatt wrote:
    >
    >> When connected to the internet with no browser window open there is data
    >> coming down from the net to my HD.I have ran AD aware,Spy Bot,Trojan remover
    >> and cleaned my cache.It is not my NAV updateing.Is there any way to see
    >> where this data is coming from ?
    >> Thanks in advance

    > you can open a command prompt and type netstat.
    >
    > all this without the "" marks.
    >
    > for 2k or XP click on start, click on run, type "cmd" in the space
    > provided. click on OK.
    > type "netstat"
    >
    > for the win9x series, click on start, click on run, type "command" in
    > the space provided. click on ok.
    > type "netstat"
    >
    > This will tell you what your computer is currently connected to.
    >
    > do this and post the info it gives you.

    To find out what program is downloading the data at your end, download
    fport -
    http://www.foundstone.com/index.htm....htm&subcontent=/resources/proddesc/fport.htm

    -[Myth]-, Jan 29, 2004
  4. Wyatt

    GraB Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:24:09 +1300, "Wyatt" <> wrote:

    >When connected to the internet with no browser window open there is data
    >coming down from the net to my HD.I have ran AD aware,Spy Bot,Trojan remover
    >and cleaned my cache.It is not my NAV updateing.Is there any way to see
    >where this data is coming from ?
    >Thanks in advance

    Would aI be right in guessing you don't have a good firewall?
    ZoneAlarm will only let programmes comminicate with the net that you
    give permission to.

    GraB, Jan 30, 2004
  5. Wyatt

    Enkidu Guest

    On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 11:24:09 +1300, "Wyatt" <> wrote:

    >When connected to the internet with no browser window open there is data
    >coming down from the net to my HD.I have ran AD aware,Spy Bot,Trojan remover
    >and cleaned my cache.It is not my NAV updateing.Is there any way to see
    >where this data is coming from ?
    >Thanks in advance

    Got Messenger or ICQ??

    Cheers,

    Cliff
    --

    I think that Don Brash is a Labour mole.
    That would explain everything.

    Enkidu, Jan 30, 2004
  6. Wyatt

    Stuart Guest

    "Wyatt" <> wrote in message
    > When connected to the internet with no browser window open there is data
    > coming down from the net to my HD.

    Windows enjoys checking for and downloading updates, if you've given it the
    green light. See if you have a little Windows Update icon in your system
    tray.

    Stuart

    Stuart, Jan 30, 2004