    Often when I am browsing the web, would like to be able to click on a link
    and Internet explorer open a new window and leaving the original window "as
    is". Is this possible?
    lbbs, Jan 28, 2004

  2. lbbs

    Miggsee Guest

    Tools> Internet Options> Advanced> Uncheck "Reuse windows for launching
    short-cuts".

    Miggsee, Jan 28, 2004

  3. lbbs

    Martin Guest

    "lbbs" <> wrote in message
    > Often when I am browsing the web, would like to be able to click on a

    link
    > and Internet explorer open a new window and leaving the original

    window "as
    > is". Is this possible?

    Yes.

    Right-click the link and select "Open In New Window".

    HTH,
    Martin.
    Martin, Jan 28, 2004
  4. lbbs

    °Mike° Guest

    The best way, IMO, is to use a tabbed browser, such as
    SlimBrowser, MyIE2, AvantBrowser. You get the option
    to use the middle mouse button to open new tabs.

    SlimBrowser
    http://www.flashpeak.com/sbrowser

    MyIE2
    http://www.myie2.com/

    AvantBrowser
    http://www.avantbrowser.com/

    On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:20:49 -0500, in
    <>
    lbbs scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance
    °Mike°, Jan 28, 2004
  5. You can also hold down the Shift-key as you click on a link

    Gustavo Cabrera, Jan 28, 2004

  6. > Often when I am browsing the web, would like to be able to click on a link
    > and Internet explorer open a new window and leaving the original window "as
    > is". Is this possible?

    Right-click the link and click "Open In New Window".

    FORT Freeware: http://freeware.quantum.2ya.com

    http://quantum.2ya.com/email.htm
    Bebop & Rocksteady, Jan 29, 2004