    the serenity to accept the people I cannot change
    the courage to change the one that I can
    the wisdom to know that it is me

    Grandpa Chuck, Mar 22, 2008

  2. Grandpa Chuck

    Mike Easter Guest

    Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    > Is there a way to delete, and/or killfile all of the commercial links
    > in a newsgroup that does not involve viewing at least one in a thread
    > from the spreaders of spam?

    You could run your own newsserver such as Hamster which would enable you
    to filter on the message body contents and score according to the ratio
    of html to non-html.

    If you just eliminate all of the googlegroupers with NProxy you will
    eliminate a lot of what you don't want, and you won't be missing much
    from the non-spamming GGers.

    Besides, the non-spamming GGers need to get a real newsreader & server
    anyway.

    --
    Mike Easter

    Mike Easter, Mar 22, 2008

  3. Grandpa Chuck

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 22 Mar 2008 19:53:21 GMT, Grandpa Chuck wrote:

    >Is there a way to delete, and/or killfile all of the commercial links
    >in a newsgroup that does not involve viewing at least one in a thread
    >from the spreaders of spam?

    Since you are using FA, head on over the the ng
    alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent
    see if there is a thread or 2 already about filtering these out.

    Or via Google i/f search before asking
    http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent/topics?

    >Thanks friends.

    Me

    why?, Mar 22, 2008
  4. Grandpa Chuck

    catchme Guest

    Grandpa Chuck wrote:
    > Is there a way to delete, and/or killfile all of the commercial links
    > in a newsgroup that does not involve viewing at least one in a thread
    > from the spreaders of spam?
    >
    > Thanks friends.

    you can weed most, but not all- with various applications.
    However, a lot of posters like replying to some of the spam, either as
    critique, or as parody, of the material in question- and not just the
    religious posts like you see here.
    for example, a certain lady in alt.basement.graveyard is posting the
    spam she receives from her own email, with a humourous editorial of her own.
    and in alt.anagrams, well....

    catchme, Mar 22, 2008
  5. Grandpa Chuck wrote:

    > Is there a way to delete, and/or killfile all of the commercial links in a
    > newsgroup that does not involve viewing at least one in a thread from the
    > spreaders of spam?

    Filter GG posts. That will kill much of the spam. See link in sig; read;
    then select Agent from the list of clients.

    Use a news feed that filters spam.

    Between those two solutions, you'll hardly see any spam at all.

    --
    Blinky
    Killing all posts from Google Groups

    Blinky the Shark, Mar 22, 2008