Is there a way to check an email address?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Mick., Sep 22, 2004.

  1. Mick.

    Mick. Guest

    Hi all,
    I was sent an handwritten email address!
    I am not sure if I read it right, can anyone please tell me if apart from
    the letters I have left out
    this looks a genuine address, this is important to me.

    s**@s***.fsnet.co.uk

    is the .fsnet.co.uk bit to a recognised ISP?

    Thanks, Mick.
    Mick., Sep 22, 2004

  2. Mick.

    James Mourby Guest

    "Mick." <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    > I was sent an handwritten email address!
    > I am not sure if I read it right, can anyone please tell me if apart from
    > the letters I have left out
    > this looks a genuine address, this is important to me.
    >

    > s**@s***.fsnet.co.uk
    >

    > is the .fsnet.co.uk bit to a recognised ISP?

    As far as I can recall, fsnet.co.uk was one of three choices you could make
    when you joined freeserve? I'm sure someone will pick up on that but yes it
    is a "true" isp. These days it defaults to Wanadoo (who bought freeserve).
    James Mourby, Sep 22, 2004

  3. Mick.

    Mellowed Guest

    Send a 'test' email to that address. If it bounces then it's wrong.

    try checking out .fsnet.co.uk by going to www.fsnet.co.uk

    When I tried the above it forwarded to a Wanadoo ISP.

    Mellowed, Sep 22, 2004
  4. Mick.

    LiGhTnInG Guest

    fsnet.co.uk is a freeserve address, the reason it goes to wanadoo nowadays
    is because freeserve were bought out (might be wrong, it might have been a
    merger) by Wanadoo, and they rebranded everything.

    LiGhTnInG, Sep 22, 2004