    Is there some configuration option I can set to cause the network to stay
    active at all times?

    Michael Giroux

    Michael Giroux, Apr 28, 2005

  2. Michael Giroux

    Malke Guest

    Michael Giroux wrote:

    > I had a hardware failure that caused me to reinstall Windows XP.
    >
    > The system is XP PRO SP2 with all available updates from Windows
    > Update.
    >
    > I have a Linksys wireless adapter.
    >
    > Prior to rebuilding the system, the wireless network was constantly
    > available. It never disconnected as far as I know.
    >
    > After rebuilding the system, the wireless network seems to drop
    > periodically.
    >
    > Is there some configuration option I can set to cause the network to
    > stay active at all times?
    >
    > Michael Giroux

    Look in your wireless network adapter's Properties from Device Manager.
    On the Power Management tab, uncheck "Allow Windows to turn off this
    device when not in use". If that doesn't help, see if there are updated
    drivers. If you are using OEM wireless management software (IOW, not
    Windows), see if there is an update to it.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers
    www.elephantboycomputers.com