    the test, and get the cert in paper?

    MS seems to have delegated the job of actual testing to some 3rd party
    providers. And this seems have made things rather confusing.
    xpm, Dec 12, 2003

  2. Re: is there a step-by-step guide to take the exam and get the certinto my hands?

    xpm wrote:
    > I'm trying to register for the tests, and have been digging around
    > microsoft.com/traincert/ without getting any useful clues.
    >
    > Isn't there an easy to follow step-by-step guide on where i can find a test
    > center near my location, and how to pay the test fee, and then how to take
    > the test, and get the cert in paper?
    >
    > MS seems to have delegated the job of actual testing to some 3rd party
    > providers. And this seems have made things rather confusing.

    Every company in the entire certification industry has delegated the job
    to 3rd parties.

    Go to prometric.com or vue.com.
    General Protection Fault, Dec 12, 2003

  3. xpm

    Jack Guest

    Use www.2test.com. You will have all your questions
    answered.

    Jack, Dec 12, 2003
  4. xpm

    Eric Guest

    There are basically 2 company's who contract with lots of smaller
    local businesses in many cities. Many of these are colleges or
    technical schools. Some are just specialty companies that give tests
    (many of the tests are for professionals like doctors, lawyers, etc.).

    Some are open extended hours, and even on Saturdays. Find the ones in
    your area, then call them to learn their hours, etc.

    The test fees are pretty standard: $125 each for most MS tests.
    Sometimes you'll find a discount coupon somewhere, but I think it's
    rare to find these.

    One thing that bugs me about Prometric: they don't have the .NET tests
    on their web site (they only show 070, 071, 074, 075, 076), but they
    DO have the .NET tests available for you. If you click on the link for
    "070", 2 screens later they show you the real list.

    I like Pearson Vue: http://www.vue.com/
    This is Prometric: http://www.2test.com/index.jsp

    I think it's best to stick with one of these 2 companies. That way all
    of your records are available in one place at their web site.
    Microsoft will get your records eventually, but there's always a lag
    of 2 to 4 weeks, I think.

    Eric
    Eric, Dec 15, 2003
  5. xpm

    rosephelan Guest

    hello caller....this site is about the worst possible
    advertisement for microsoft products...i cannot even log
    in..what a waste of time!!

    rosephelan, Dec 15, 2003
  6. xpm

    Guest Guest

    Go to vue.com and find a test center at the site or call
    your nearest microsoft office for help . Good luck!!

    Raja Gopal

    Guest, Dec 17, 2003