    recommend?

    The Moz composer is working for me, but I'm new to making web pages
    and wondered how others are doing it.

    default, Jan 16, 2006

  2. default

    Jedi Fans Guest

    On 16/01/06 14:33, default scribbled:

    <url: http://nvu.com/>

    --
    Hope This Helped and MTFBWY...
    The Force Is With Me, SUSE Linux 10.0, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 RC2,

    Jedi Fans, Jan 16, 2006

  3. default

    gwtc Guest

    default wrote:

    > Or some freeware web page creator that someone would like to
    > recommend?
    >
    > The Moz composer is working for me, but I'm new to making web pages
    > and wondered how others are doing it.

    The future of Moz Composer is NVU. This program picks up where Moz
    left off: www.nvu.org

    gwtc, Jan 16, 2006
  4. default

    Lee Guest

    gwtc wrote:

    > The future of Moz Composer is NVU. This program picks up where Moz left
    > off: www.nvu.org

    Apparently no more as it shows the domain is up for sale!

    Lee

    Lee, Jan 16, 2006
  5. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Ed Mullen, Jan 16, 2006
  6. default

    Echy Guest

    default wrote:
    > Or some freeware web page creator that someone would like to
    > recommend?
    >
    > The Moz composer is working for me, but I'm new to making web pages
    > and wondered how others are doing it.

    Hello

    I happily use Trellian Web Page. Easy enough to use, many features,
    plenty of help and good email support for any problems. Free at:-

    http://www.trellian.com/webpage/index.html

    HTH

    Echy
    Greetings from Melbourne, Australia
    Home of the 2006 Commonwealth Games March 2006
    www.visitvictoria.com.au

    Echy, Jan 16, 2006
  7. default

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > Lee wrote:
    >
    >>gwtc wrote:
    >>

    >>>The future of Moz Composer is NVU. This program picks up where Moz
    >>>left off: www.nvu.org

    >>Apparently no more as it shows the domain is up for sale!
    >>
    >>Lee

    > http://www.nvu.com/

    Ooops, my mistake. Dot com. Thanks Ed.

    gwtc, Jan 16, 2006
  8. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> Apparently no more as it shows the domain is up for sale!
    >>>
    >>> Lee

    >> http://www.nvu.com/
    >>

    > Ooops, my mistake. Dot com. Thanks Ed.

    No problem. Don't worry, you're not losing your mind - the dot org
    domain WAS an active Nvu location. I even had a couple of bookmarks
    with that domain.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 16, 2006
  9. default

    gwtc Guest

    Ed Mullen wrote:

    > gwtc wrote:
    >
    >>Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>>http://www.nvu.com/
    >>>

    >>Ooops, my mistake. Dot com. Thanks Ed.

    > No problem. Don't worry, you're not losing your mind - the dot org
    > domain WAS an active Nvu location. I even had a couple of bookmarks
    > with that domain.

    I could have sworn it was dot org at one point. Thanks for that
    clarification Ed.

    gwtc, Jan 16, 2006
  10. gwtc wrote:
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> gwtc wrote:

    >>> Ooops, my mistake. Dot com. Thanks Ed.

    >> No problem. Don't worry, you're not losing your mind - the dot org
    >> domain WAS an active Nvu location. I even had a couple of bookmarks
    >> with that domain.
    >>

    > I could have sworn it was dot org at one point. Thanks for that
    > clarification Ed.

    I think he mirrored it, and probably let the .org lapse.

    Lee

    I'm tempted to say the Original Lee ;)

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 16, 2006
  11. default

    default Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:00:58 -0800, gwtc
    <> wrote:

    >default wrote:
    >
    >> Or some freeware web page creator that someone would like to
    >> recommend?
    >>
    >> The Moz composer is working for me, but I'm new to making web pages
    >> and wondered how others are doing it.
    >>

    >The future of Moz Composer is NVU. This program picks up where Moz
    >left off: www.nvu.org

    Thanks, it looks good to me

    default, Jan 17, 2006
  12. default

    default Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:30:06 GMT, Echy <> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I happily use Trellian Web Page. Easy enough to use, many features,
    >plenty of help and good email support for any problems. Free at:-
    >
    >http://www.trellian.com/webpage/index.html
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Echy

    Hi Echy

    The readme says it requires Internet Explorer that would scotch it for
    me. why does it need IE?

    Thanks
    bob

    default, Jan 17, 2006
  13. default

    Faun Guest

    In article <>, default says...

    > Or some freeware web page creator that someone would like to
    > recommend?

    Try NVU as everybody else say. But remember, if you want to do Image
    Mapping, NVU doesn't support this (AFAICT).

    I found this one quite useful, very basic, but it works for simple maps:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/jimagemapper

    BTW, perhaps anyone else in here has another suggestion what to use,
    preferable free, of course. ;-)

    Faun, Jan 17, 2006
  14. default

    Echy Guest

    default wrote:
    > On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 18:30:06 GMT, Echy <> wrote:
    >

    >>Hello
    >>
    >>I happily use Trellian Web Page. Easy enough to use, many features,
    >>plenty of help and good email support for any problems. Free at:-
    >>
    >>http://www.trellian.com/webpage/index.html
    >>
    >>HTH
    >>
    >>Echy

    > Hi Echy
    >
    > The readme says it requires Internet Explorer that would scotch it for
    > me. why does it need IE?
    >
    > Thanks
    > bob

    Beats me. I am using it with Firefox 1.5. Admittedly the web pages were
    originally created when I was still using IE but I have certainly
    updated it from within Firefox.

    Echy

    Echy, Jan 17, 2006
  15. Faun wrote:
    > In article <>, default says...
    >
    >> Or some freeware web page creator that someone would like to
    >> recommend?

    > Try NVU as everybody else say. But remember, if you want to do Image
    > Mapping, NVU doesn't support this (AFAICT).
    >
    > I found this one quite useful, very basic, but it works for simple maps:
    > http://sourceforge.net/projects/jimagemapper
    >
    > BTW, perhaps anyone else in here has another suggestion what to use,
    > preferable free, of course. ;-)

    Have you checked the latest version of Nvu? I think it may support
    image mapping.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Jan 17, 2006
  16. default

    Faun Guest

    In article <>, default says...

    > The readme says it requires Internet Explorer that would scotch it for
    > me. why does it need IE?

    I'm guessing because it probably relies on IE's functions to work at
    all, for previewing and such. Personally, I don't trust software that
    uses IE stuff for viewing. It's just as unsafe to use as IE.

    Latest I heard, there was something like a 98% security risk to use IE
    while online, roughly 16% for Fx, if memory serves me.

    Faun, Jan 17, 2006
  17. default

    Faun Guest

    In article <xZXyf.266242$>,
    says...

    > Have you checked the latest version of Nvu? I think it may support
    > image mapping.

    Not unless you have access to some fancier version than the one I use,
    it doesn't. I use version 1.0 (20050620), which, according to the site,
    is the latest available.

    http://forum.nvudev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3307&highlight=image map

    In the sense that it supports the actual code for the ImageMap, you're
    right, but the code has no meaning to NVU since it cannot decode it to
    show you the clickable areas.

    Faun, Jan 17, 2006
  18. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Leonidas Jones wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Ed Mullen wrote:

    >>> No problem. Don't worry, you're not losing your mind - the dot org
    >>> domain WAS an active Nvu location. I even had a couple of
    >>> bookmarks with that domain.
    >>>

    >> I could have sworn it was dot org at one point. Thanks for that
    >> clarification Ed.

    > I think he mirrored it, and probably let the .org lapse.
    >
    > Lee
    >
    > I'm tempted to say the Original Lee ;)

    There is only one. ;-)

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 17, 2006
  19. default

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Faun wrote:
    > In article <xZXyf.266242$>,
    > says...
    >
    >> Have you checked the latest version of Nvu? I think it may support
    >> image mapping.

    > Not unless you have access to some fancier version than the one I use,
    > it doesn't. I use version 1.0 (20050620), which, according to the site,
    > is the latest available.
    >
    > http://forum.nvudev.org/viewtopic.php?t=3307&highlight=image map
    >
    > In the sense that it supports the actual code for the ImageMap, you're
    > right, but the code has no meaning to NVU since it cannot decode it to
    > show you the clickable areas.

    Is anyone actually using/promoting image mapping anymore? From what
    I've read, especially with recent emphasis on CSS, image mapping is
    /very/ frowned upon as a design tool. The last time I used it on a site
    was back about 1997. It's incredibly difficult to manage and fraught
    with browser compatibility problems. It's stuff like this that CSS was
    designed to "fix." Image mapping also is hugely problematical for
    screen reader software, i.e. for vision impaired users who employ sw to
    "read" html and other tags on a Web page. And there are more of those
    folks out there than most of would imagine. It's something I grapple
    with on my pages.

    Just a couple of thoughts on the topic. Do what you like with your
    site/pages.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net

    Ed Mullen, Jan 17, 2006
  20. default

    Charani Guest

    On Mon, 16 Jan 2006 09:33:15 -0500, default wrote:

    > Or some freeware web page creator that someone would like to
    > recommend?
    >
    > The Moz composer is working for me, but I'm new to making web pages
    > and wondered how others are doing it.

    I used Composer for the web pages I did for my site. It's the only
    webpage creator that I can use successfully!! :))

    I've downloaded nvu but haven't had a play - er, experiment - with it
    yet.

    Charani, Jan 17, 2006