Is there a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems ??????

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?SGVhdDE5NjQ=?=, May 5, 2006.

  1. I was wondering if there is a service pak 2 for 64 bit systems

    =?Utf-8?B?SGVhdDE5NjQ=?=, May 5, 2006

  2. Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 5, 2006

  3. =?Utf-8?B?SGVhdDE5NjQ=?=

    Jane Colman Guest

    Not yet, it doesn't need one ;)

    --
    Jane, but not plain ;) 64 bit enabled :)
    Batteries not included. Braincell on vacation.

    Jane Colman, May 5, 2006
  4. Windows XP is currently on Service Pack 2. This is a 32-bit only OS.

    Windows XP Pro x64 is on Service Pack 1. It matches the Windows Server 2003
    SP 1 codebase, not the XP codebase. A bit confusing, but that's why.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, Game Technology Group

    Chuck Walbourn [MSFT], May 5, 2006
  5. So Chuck, does that make it official then, that XP x64 future Service Packs
    will be aligned with Windows Server 2003 SPs?
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 6, 2006
  6. =?Utf-8?B?SGVhdDE5NjQ=?=

    Guest

    no not yet

    Posted with NewsLeecher v3.5 Beta 8
    ------------------- ----- ---- -- -

    , May 6, 2006
  7. =?Utf-8?B?SGVhdDE5NjQ=?=

    Martijn Saly Guest

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64] wrote:
    > So Chuck, does that make it official then, that XP x64 future Service Packs
    > will be aligned with Windows Server 2003 SPs?

    They probably will (if you were referring to Windows Server 2003 *x64
    Edition*), since they are based on one and the same kernel.

    --
    Thanks,

    Martijn Saly

    Martijn Saly, May 6, 2006
  8. Its not specific to Server 2003 x64, the SP1 integrated in Server 2003 x64
    also has its equivalent for Server 2003 x86.

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], May 7, 2006
  9. It is currently in Beta, just FYI.

    Kevin John Panzke, May 13, 2006
  10. Yes, I would expect Windows XP Pro x64 Edition's service packs to align with
    the Windows Server 2003 SPs. It is defintely not built out of the 32-bit
    Windows XP codebase.

    --
    Chuck Walbourn
    SDE, Game Technology Group