    Someone Guest

    .... to getting a Microsoft USB 802.11b device to work with a Netgear
    802.11g router?
    Someone, Feb 16, 2004

  2. Someone

    gb Guest

    Yes, there is.

    But it's a secret, so I can't tell you.

    Shh!

    gb, Feb 16, 2004

  3. Someone

    Someone Guest

    "gb" <> wrote in news:c0rkfv$7c8$:

    > Yes, there is.
    >
    > But it's a secret, so I can't tell you.
    >
    > Shh!
    >
    > "Someone" <> wrote in message
    >> ... to getting a Microsoft USB 802.11b device to work with a Netgear
    >> 802.11g router?

    Heh. But seriously, I am having significant issues. Do different
    manufacturers not talk across the "standard" ?
    Someone, Feb 16, 2004
  4. Someone

    Keyser Soze Guest

    Re: ? Is there a secret ... to posting enrish?

    Someone wrote:

    >> Heh. But seriously, I am having significant issues. Do different
    >> manufacturers not talk across the "standard" ?

    Yes.

    --
    Some Big ****
    Your free insult: Thou relinquishing, dining, battery-powered worm casting pessimum cock sucker
    Keyser Soze, Feb 17, 2004
  5. Someone

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:49:01 GMT, Someone <>
    wrote:

    >"gb" <> wrote in news:c0rkfv$7c8$:
    >
    >> Yes, there is.
    >>
    >> But it's a secret, so I can't tell you.
    >>
    >> Shh!
    >>
    >> "Someone" <> wrote in message
    >>> ... to getting a Microsoft USB 802.11b device to work with a Netgear
    >>> 802.11g router?

    >Heh. But seriously, I am having significant issues. Do different
    >manufacturers not talk across the "standard" ?

    There shouldn't be any issues. I've never used MS wireless devices,
    but have worked with many other manufacturers, includng in mixed
    environments. MS hardware should work with Netgear hardware, and
    mixing Wireless B and G shouldn't be a problem. What specifically are
    your problems?

    Cheers,
    dan
    Dan Shea, Feb 17, 2004
  6. Someone

    Someone Guest

    Dan Shea <> wrote in

    > On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 23:49:01 GMT, Someone <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>"gb" <> wrote in news:c0rkfv$7c8$:
    >>
    >>> Yes, there is.
    >>>
    >>> But it's a secret, so I can't tell you.
    >>>
    >>> Shh!
    >>>
    >>> "Someone" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>Heh. But seriously, I am having significant issues. Do different
    >>manufacturers not talk across the "standard" ?

    > There shouldn't be any issues. I've never used MS wireless devices,
    > but have worked with many other manufacturers, includng in mixed
    > environments. MS hardware should work with Netgear hardware, and
    > mixing Wireless B and G shouldn't be a problem. What specifically are
    > your problems?
    >
    > Cheers,
    > dan

    Installing the USB wireless (Microsoft), it sees the network but
    complains of an invalid WEP even though encryption was specifically
    disabled.
    Someone, Feb 17, 2004
  7. Someone

    Dan Shea Guest

    On Tue, 17 Feb 2004 01:55:23 GMT, Someone <>
    wrote:

    >Dan Shea <> wrote in

    <snip>

    >> There shouldn't be any issues. I've never used MS wireless devices,
    >> but have worked with many other manufacturers, includng in mixed
    >> environments. MS hardware should work with Netgear hardware, and
    >> mixing Wireless B and G shouldn't be a problem. What specifically are
    >> your problems?
    >>

    >Installing the USB wireless (Microsoft), it sees the network but
    >complains of an invalid WEP even though encryption was specifically
    >disabled.

    By "invalid WEP" you mean you get some kind of invalid shared key
    message? Can you be specific? And encryption was disabled on both
    the base station and the adapter?

    Every little bit helps.

    Cheers,
    dan