    Does such a database exist and, if so, what is/are the URL(s)?

    Thanks.

    IHT
    Internet Highway Traveler, Nov 23, 2010

  2. Internet Highway Traveler

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:25:00 -0500, Internet Highway Traveler wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I am attempting to locate all domains (number unknown at present) that a
    > particular person has registered under his own name as the registrant.
    >
    > If such a database exists, it would be a "reverse Whois" because one would
    > search by registrant's name, not by domain name.
    >
    > Does such a database exist and, if so, what is/are the URL(s)?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > IHT

    Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
    Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
    records for that handle can be found.

    ARIN used to have that feature but not any more.

    Problem is, a person could have one domain in the USA, and hundreds in
    france and those in france will not be listed in the USA records.
    richard, Nov 23, 2010

  3. Internet Highway Traveler

    NormanM Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:43:53 -0700, richard wrote:

    > Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
    > Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
    > records for that handle can be found.

    http://www.easyname.eu/support/domains/20-what-is-a-domain-handle

    From which, "Each registrar has its own handle types." So, if you don't know
    the domain, you can't get that domain handle, yes?

    --
    Norman
    ~Oh Lord, why have you come
    NormanM, Nov 23, 2010
  4. Internet Highway Traveler

    richard Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:09:38 -0800, NormanM wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:43:53 -0700, richard wrote:
    >
    >> Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
    >> Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
    >> records for that handle can be found.

    > http://www.easyname.eu/support/domains/20-what-is-a-domain-handle
    >
    > From which, "Each registrar has its own handle types." So, if you don't know
    > the domain, you can't get that domain handle, yes?

    Actually, the handle is assigned to the person or entity.
    Arin used to do this but not no more or I don't know how to do it with the
    new changes.
    richard, Nov 23, 2010
  5. Internet Highway Traveler

    Hot-Text Guest

    When are you go to update your links at espphotography.com
    For the Front page looks good just same of links go no were!

    Hot-Text, Nov 23, 2010
  6. Internet Highway Traveler

    NormanM Guest

    On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 23:26:57 -0700, richard wrote:

    > On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:09:38 -0800, NormanM wrote:

    >> On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 22:43:53 -0700, richard wrote:

    >>> Every person or entity that registers a domain name is assigned a "handle".
    >>> Once you know what the handle is for that domain name, then all other
    >>> records for that handle can be found.

    >> http://www.easyname.eu/support/domains/20-what-is-a-domain-handle
    >>
    >> From which, "Each registrar has its own handle types." So, if you don't know
    >> the domain, you can't get that domain handle, yes?

    > Actually, the handle is assigned to the person or entity.
    > Arin used to do this but not no more or I don't know how to do it with the
    > new changes.

    Well, according to the cited text, each registrar has their own method of
    issuing these "domain handles", so to get the domain handle, you need to
    know which registrar issued the domain. Which means you need to know which
    domain has the handle. Which means, if you don't know the domain, you can't
    get the handle. And, without the handle, you can't find the domain. Classic
    "Catch-22" situation.

    NormanM, Nov 23, 2010
  7. Hello,

    I was not aware of domain handles before posting, but would the following be
    helpful?
    1. I know of one domain, and it is a .com registered through Network
    Solutions.
    2. The registrant of the domain is a U.S. citizen and resident, and he
    registered the domain for his business which is located relatively close to
    New York City.
    3. If there are more domains, I am certain that they, too, would be .com
    domains.
    4. Netsol's Whois displayed: Current Registrar: NETWORK SOLUTIONS, LLC.
    IP Address: (snipped) (ARIN
    & RIPE IP search)
    Record Type: Domain Name
    Server Type: Apache 2
    Lock Status:
    clientTransferProhibited
    WebSite Status: Active
    5. When I clicked the (snipped) IP Address, the following appeared:
    NetHandle:
    NET-XX-XX-X-X-X (snipped)

    Notwithstanding the IP address and Nethandle that I snipped, can any of the
    above info be used to locate any additional domains that the individual may
    have possibly registered?

    Thanks!

    IHT

    Internet Highway Traveler, Nov 23, 2010