    repair Install,
    Or do I have to Format and and do a complete reinstall?

    Many thanks and Cheers

    Ockerr, Sep 19, 2004

  2. Ockerr

    Unk Guest

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:43:31 +1200, "Ockerr" <> wrote:

    >Hi all
    >I'm having a wee problem with my win98se, so I thought I might try a Windows
    >repair if there is such a thing. Is there a Switch that I can use and do a
    >repair Install,
    >Or do I have to Format and and do a complete reinstall?
    >
    >Many thanks and Cheers

    How to Manually Restore the Windows 98/Me Registry
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=221512

    Press and hold down the "Control" key during bootup until
    the Boot Menu appears, then select "5. Command prompt only".
    At the DOS prompt type "scanreg /restore" (Note the space)
    (You may need to type "cd c:\windows\command" if you get "bad command")
    Scan through the list and see if there's a date available when all was
    working correctly. If yes, restore that one, reboot.

    Unk, Sep 19, 2004

  3. Ockerr

    Shel-hed Guest

    First, What is the problem?
    There is a registry rollback available.
    Boot to dos, type
    scanreg /restore (note the space)
    Pick a date. Windows saves the last five days by default, but this can be changed.

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 16:43:31 +1200, "Ockerr" <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Sep 19, 2004
  4. Ockerr

    Jack Guest

    Ockerr wrote:

    > Hi all
    > I'm having a wee problem with my win98se, so I thought I might try a Windows
    > repair if there is such a thing. Is there a Switch that I can use and do a
    > repair Install,
    > Or do I have to Format and and do a complete reinstall?
    >
    > Many thanks and Cheers

    You can install windows 98 over the top of the current files
    without changing any settings etc.

    Hopefully it will replace any problem your having.

    Jack, Sep 19, 2004
  5. Ockerr

    Sano Guest

    Shel,

    I'm pretty sure in 98(SE) you can save fifty but you can only access the
    last five. That's hard coded into the restore command, or whatever. I never
    found any way around that.

    Sano, Sep 19, 2004
  6. Ockerr

    Shel-hed Guest

    I never realized that.. hmmm.
    <clickedy>
    http://makeashorterlink.com/?K6D251259
    A little deep for newbies, but do-able.

    On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 07:58:35 -0400, Sano <> wrote in
    24hoursupport.helpdesk:

    Shel-hed, Sep 19, 2004
  7. Ockerr

    Sano Guest

    Well, I guess you know which finger of the cramitone I'll put the ice on.

    Thanks.

    Sano, Sep 19, 2004
  8. <guffaw>

    Sano <> chiseled in stone, the following words

    @}-}-------Rosee, Sep 20, 2004