    models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
    satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
    Thanks.

    ogoja, Mar 6, 2007

  2. ogoja

    Brian A Guest

    On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" <> wrote:

    >I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
    >models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
    >satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
    >Thanks.

    I may have use for a WiFi phone in future but I am looking at the
    mobile phones that have this feature. They are currently not cheap but
    might be worth a look, then checking out the models on the newsgroups
    to find if suitable for SIP.
    Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

    Brian A, Mar 6, 2007

  3. ogoja

    Guest

    On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" <> wrote:

    >I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
    >models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
    >satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
    >Thanks.

    UTstarcom F1000G around £93.00 from provu.co.uk had no problems with
    it so far, the Linksys WIP-330 WiFi Phone which costs a lot more has
    audio distortion so the guy at Provu told me the other week when I was
    over there .

    , Mar 6, 2007
  4. In article <>,
    <> wrote:
    >On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" <> wrote:
    >
    >>I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
    >>models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
    >>satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
    >>Thanks.

    >UTstarcom F1000G around £93.00 from provu.co.uk had no problems with
    >it so far, the Linksys WIP-330 WiFi Phone which costs a lot more has
    >audio distortion so the guy at Provu told me the other week when I was
    >over there .

    I have an F1000G and while it has "toy" value, I'd never recomend it to
    clients. It certinaly won't pass the "wife test". I tried it today on
    a clients site, and it just wasn't happy, brought it home and it worked
    first time when I switched it on. (And both my Nokia 770 & 9500 worked
    fine on the clients WiFi APs, so I've no idea why the phone didn't!)

    Gordon

    Gordon Henderson, Mar 7, 2007
  5. ogoja

    Guest

    On 07 Mar 2007 00:35:07 GMT, (Gordon Henderson)
    wrote:

    >I have an F1000G and while it has "toy" value, I'd never recomend it to
    >clients. It certinaly won't pass the "wife test". I tried it today on
    >a clients site, and it just wasn't happy, brought it home and it worked
    >first time when I switched it on. (And both my Nokia 770 & 9500 worked
    >fine on the clients WiFi APs, so I've no idea why the phone didn't!)

    Matter of what you want it for and how much use you are going to put
    it to I guess , there is no way that I would or ever will pay over a
    ton for a phone no matter how many tricks it will do.

    , Mar 7, 2007
  6. Brian A wrote:
    > On 6 Mar 2007 11:06:23 -0800, "ogoja" <> wrote:
    >
    >> I am interested in exploring a wifi phone, but all the reviews of the
    >> models I have looked at sound pretty negative. Has anyone had a
    >> satisfying experience - and if so with what model?
    >> Thanks.

    > I may have use for a WiFi phone in future but I am looking at the
    > mobile phones that have this feature. They are currently not cheap but
    > might be worth a look, then checking out the models on the newsgroups
    > to find if suitable for SIP.

    Having set up an e60 at a site. I can tell you that it seems to work and
    that the batteries really don't last very long.

    Thomas Kenyon, Mar 7, 2007
  7. ogoja

    mr deo Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > On 07 Mar 2007 00:35:07 GMT, (Gordon Henderson)
    > wrote:
    >

    > >I have an F1000G and while it has "toy" value, I'd never recomend it to
    > >clients. It certinaly won't pass the "wife test". I tried it today on
    > >a clients site, and it just wasn't happy, brought it home and it worked
    > >first time when I switched it on. (And both my Nokia 770 & 9500 worked
    > >fine on the clients WiFi APs, so I've no idea why the phone didn't!)

    > Matter of what you want it for and how much use you are going to put
    > it to I guess , there is no way that I would or ever will pay over a
    > ton for a phone no matter how many tricks it will do.

    Not to be rude, but if you pay 250£ for a phone (you can get the wi-fi
    phones for this on a contract, dump the contract and use the wi-fi part) and
    save yourself 300£ a year in phone calls then sh0rely there's a trick that's
    worth while.

    Or possibly you have never bought a good trick.

    mr deo, Mar 8, 2007