    connection of the internet on a client or workstation?

    Your help is gratefully appreciated
    P.S I have tried Bandwidth Controller and does not work With windows XP!

    Kosta Patsellis, Jul 8, 2003

  2. Kosta Patsellis

    Don Kelloway Guest

    "Kosta Patsellis" <> wrote in message
    news:3f0ac5fe$0$731$...
    > Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
    > connection of the internet on a client or workstation?
    >
    > Your help is gratefully appreciated
    > P.S I have tried Bandwidth Controller and does not work With windows XP!

    At one time Elron Software offered a program called Bandwidth Optimizer
    that could provide exactly what you're looking for. They eventually
    stopped offering the product because the public found it cheaper to
    increase the connection to the 'net. Checkpoint also offered such a
    product and I believe they still do though I think they now call it
    'Floodgate'.

    --
    Best regards,
    Don Kelloway

    Visit http://www.commodon.com to learn about the "Threats to Your Security
    on the Internet".

    Don Kelloway, Jul 8, 2003

  3. Kosta Patsellis

    phoenix Guest

    On Tue, 8 Jul 2003 23:24:10 +1000, Kosta Patsellis wrote:

    > Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
    > connection of the internet on a client or workstation?
    >
    > Your help is gratefully appreciated
    > P.S I have tried Bandwidth Controller and does not work With windows XP!

    Hi

    The only other one I know of is this http://www.netlimiter.com/ Just out of
    interest why didn't Bandwidth Controller work on your XP system, it did on
    mine a while back.

    Regards

    Bill

    phoenix, Jul 8, 2003
  4. Kosta Patsellis

    bargepole Guest

    > Just wondering if there is a program out there that throttles down the
    > connection of the internet on a client or workstation?

    The SpeedLimit feature of Pipeline (
    http://www.ekimsw.com/pipeline/index.html ) will limit data throughput.

    bargepole, Jul 10, 2003
  5. Kosta Patsellis

    erie patsellis

    Joined:
    Aug 2, 2007
    Messages:
    1
    Kosta,

    I used something similar with my router (sme server) and was able to throttle each users bandwith by internal ip address.

    erie

    erie patsellis, Aug 2, 2007