    still know it's possible to program something like that.

    I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on a
    mac.
    Travis, Dec 10, 2005

  2. Travis

    Robert Baer Guest

    Travis wrote:
    > I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
    > numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
    > that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
    > still know it's possible to program something like that.
    >
    > I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on a
    > mac.

    There is a *formula* for that: X numbers + Y letters; simple. Look it
    up in Chem rubber handbook for chemistry and physics.
    Robert Baer, Dec 10, 2005

  3. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On 9 Dec 2005 21:44:41 -0800, "Travis" <> spewed the
    following drivel:

    <I was wondering if there is a program that you enter some letters or
    <numbers, then it will tell you all the possible combinations of words
    <that those letter/numbers can make. I know it was in a movie but I
    <still know it's possible to program something like that.
    <
    <I just need it too find the password of my school's admin account on
    <mac.

    http://www.antiserver.it/Password-Crackers/
    __

    -nos1eep

    http://www.searchlores.org/way_kook.htm
    nos1eep, Dec 10, 2005
  4. Travis

    Dog Guest

    Try this link
    http://www.houghtonmifflinbooks.com/ahd/crossword

    Dog, Dec 10, 2005
  5. you have to watch too, because if it is really a somewhat secure
    password, it will not be a real world at all, it may be something like
    JE%KSK123%
    Matthew C Rice, Dec 10, 2005
  6. Travis

    Travis Guest

    It's not that secure, it's a small school in a small town in Canada.
    It's not that long of a password and it wound't be something hard and
    complex. It is easy to remember becuase all the teachers know the
    password and enter it immediatly.

    I saw a teacher type it and the letters that are/could of been used
    are:

    qwertyasdfgzxcv

    Uppercase or lowercase

    Travis, Dec 10, 2005
  7. Travis

    nos1eep Guest

    On 10 Dec 2005 15:00:32 -0800, "Travis" <> spewed
    the following drivel:

    <It's not that secure, it's a small school in a small town in Canada.
    <It's not that long of a password and it wound't be something hard and
    <complex. It is easy to remember becuase all the teachers know the
    <password and enter it immediatly.
    <
    <I saw a teacher type it and the letters that are/could of been used
    <are:
    <
    <qwertyasdfgzxcv
    <
    <Uppercase or lowercase
    It may take a while to crack a password. The letter to the right
    represents the number of characters in the password. The number on top
    represents the number of characters in your alphabet. In your case
    that would be 52 characters (upper and lower case). Throw in some
    special characters and numbers and it can take forever, literally.
    Count on the password to be at least 8 characters.

    26 36 52
    3 0.18 seconds 0.47 seconds 1.41 seconds
    4 4.57 seconds 16.8 seconds 1.22 minutes
    5 1.98 minutes 10.1 minutes 1.06 hours
    6 51.5 minutes 6.05 hours 13.7 days
    7 22.3 hours 9.07 days 3.91 months
    8 24.2 days 10.7 months 17.0 years
    9 1.72 years 32.2 years 8.82 centuries
    10 44.8 years 1.16 millennia 45.8 millennia
    11 11.6 centuries 41.7 millennia 2,384 millennia
    12 30.3 millennia 1,503 millennia 123,946 millennia

    68 94
    3 3.14 seconds 8.3 seconds
    4 3.56 minutes 13.0 minutes
    5 4.04 hours 20.4 hours
    6 2.26 months 2.63 months
    7 2.13 years 20.6 years
    8 1.45 centuries 1.93 millennia
    9 9.86 millennia 182 millennia
    10 670 millennia 17,079 millennia
    11 45,582 millennia 1,605,461 millennia
    12 3,099,562 millennia 150,913,342 millennia
    __

    nos1eep, Dec 10, 2005
  8. Travis

    Travis Guest

    I don't really think I explained it clearly...

    You know that movie "National Treasure" when he told him the keys that
    were pressed and he put it in a computer to generate every possible
    combination of password.

    I know "National Treasure" is fiction but there could be a program like
    that.

    Travis, Dec 12, 2005