    Is there a big photography trade show where new DSLR models are
    typically announced? Or maybe just a time of year when most
    manufacturers release new models?

    Peabody, Jan 21, 2010

  2. Peabody

    The Henchman Guest

    "Peabody" <> wrote in message
    news:0036d1c1$0$25220$...
    > Is there a big photography trade show where new DSLR models are
    > typically announced? Or maybe just a time of year when most
    > manufacturers release new models?

    Photokina is around end of September. usually lots of announcements there.

    The Henchman, Jan 21, 2010

  3. Peabody

    Guest

    On Jan 20, 7:32 pm, Peabody <> wrote:
    > Is there a big photography trade show where new DSLR models are
    > typically announced?  Or maybe just a time of year when most
    > manufacturers release new models?

    In the current - and foreseeable - depressed economy, don't expect
    many new models at all. This stuff's too expensive to develop and
    tool up for production of to bet that high-dollar anything will sell
    well enough now.

    http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!

    , Jan 21, 2010
  4. Peabody

    Lucas Guest

    "Peabody" <> schreef in bericht
    > Is there a big photography trade show where new DSLR models are
    > typically announced? Or maybe just a time of year when most
    > manufacturers release new models?

    http://www.photokina-cologne.com/

    Once every two years ("even" years), biggest photography show in the world,
    this year 21-26 September. In Köln (Cologne) Germany. Announcements of new
    models usually start early August.

    L.

    Lucas, Jan 21, 2010
  5. Peabody

    ransley Guest

    On Jan 20, 6:32 pm, Peabody <> wrote:
    > Is there a big photography trade show where new DSLR models are
    > typically announced?  Or maybe just a time of year when most
    > manufacturers release new models?

    From what Ive seen canon rebels in maybe may, higher end models in
    several year cycles, they need you to want to upgrade regularly so
    look at a model you want and its past release dates, dpreview has
    them.

    ransley, Jan 21, 2010
  6. <> wrote:

    > In the current - and foreseeable - depressed economy, don't expect
    > many new models at all. This stuff's too expensive to develop and
    > tool up for production of to bet that high-dollar anything will sell
    > well enough now.

    Sure, that works --- unless, say, one strike breaker offers
    something new and thus corners the market. That being a real
    danger, everyone keeps developing new stuff. Those that don't,
    die. Game Over.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jan 21, 2010
  7. Peabody

    Guest

    On Jan 21, 4:56 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg <>
    wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    > > In the current - and foreseeable - depressed economy, don't expect
    > > many new models at all.  This stuff's too expensive to develop and
    > > tool up for production of to bet that high-dollar anything will sell
    > > well enough now.

    > Sure, that works --- unless, say, one strike breaker offers
    > something new and thus corners the market.  That being a real
    > danger, everyone keeps developing new stuff.  Those that don't,
    > die.  Game Over.

    Right now - in this economy - I don't think ANY corporation's betting
    big bucks on introducing new products unless they already were in
    development several years ago, before the depression began.

    http://www.Internet-Gun-Show.com - your source for hard-to-find stuff!

    , Jan 22, 2010
  8. Peabody

    Ray Fischer Guest

    <> wrote:
    >On Jan 21, 4:56 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg <>
    >wrote:
    >> <> wrote:
    >> > In the current - and foreseeable - depressed economy, don't expect
    >> > many new models at all.  This stuff's too expensive to develop and
    >> > tool up for production of to bet that high-dollar anything will sell
    >> > well enough now.

    >> Sure, that works --- unless, say, one strike breaker offers
    >> something new and thus corners the market.  That being a real
    >> danger, everyone keeps developing new stuff.  Those that don't,
    >> die.  Game Over.

    >Right now - in this economy - I don't think ANY corporation's betting
    >big bucks on introducing new products unless they already were in
    >development several years ago, before the depression began.

    And which company do you run?

    Companies that stop developing new products die when other companies
    offer better products.

    --
    Ray Fischer

    Ray Fischer, Jan 22, 2010
  9. Peabody

    nospam Guest

    In article <0036d1c1$0$25220$>, Peabody
    <> wrote:

    > Is there a big photography trade show where new DSLR models are
    > typically announced? Or maybe just a time of year when most
    > manufacturers release new models?

    pma in a month, with announcements made leading up to the show.

    nospam, Jan 22, 2010
  10. <> wrote:
    > On Jan 21, 4:56 pm, Wolfgang Weisselberg <>
    >> <> wrote:

    >> > In the current - and foreseeable - depressed economy, don't expect
    >> > many new models at all.  This stuff's too expensive to develop and
    >> > tool up for production of to bet that high-dollar anything will sell
    >> > well enough now.

    >> Sure, that works --- unless, say, one strike breaker offers
    >> something new and thus corners the market.  That being a real
    >> danger, everyone keeps developing new stuff.  Those that don't,
    >> die.  Game Over.

    > Right now - in this economy - I don't think ANY corporation's betting
    > big bucks on introducing new products unless they already were in
    > development several years ago, before the depression began.

    Which is a completely different claim.
    And while obviously you don't think so (which makes your
    claim litrally true) that does not need to have any connection
    to reality. In fact, looking at computer games manufacturers,
    these guys often bet everything on one or maybe two single games,
    and they don't need to have many zears development. Looking at
    mobile phones ... sure, new ones are coming out, all the time.
    Looking at P&S camera ... looking at DSLR cameras ... same same.

    There may be some slowdown, but there's always a hungry lean
    smaller competitor who'll bet everything on the chance the others
    are lazy. And that keeps them moving.

    Monopolies however, stagnate, in every economic climate.

    -Wolfgang

    Wolfgang Weisselberg, Jan 22, 2010